Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #71
icbeatzu

Drives: 2011 CGM 1SS/RS 2004 1500 Silverado
Chevy man! getting close to 30 years old and needed a spark!
icbeatzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #72
Blondie3
Blondie3

Drives: 2011 1Lt "Victory Red"
I was planning on buying a new car and the Camaro was the ONLY car I wanted to buy
Blondie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #73
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
I bought my Camaro because I'm a GM fan at heart (it's my fifth GM and the third Chevrolet of the six vehicles I've owned.) Also, I like the styling (it's mostly based on the '69 which is also my birth year.) And it's my first high performance vehicle. I wanted, but was not in position financially to buy, a '87 Grand National, a '91 Syclone, a '92 Typhoon, a '95 Impala SS, or a '05 GTO. If the Camaro hadn't returned, I would probably have a G8 GXP or a CTS-V.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #74
Blondie3
Blondie3

Drives: 2011 1Lt "Victory Red"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsk287 View Post
Just ordered my '12 1LT. Really excited. My mom had a '78 Camaro LT and loved it- she had it 14 years and didn't want to give it up (needed something bigger for the kids). My aunt also had an '82 Camaro Berlinetta. So we have Camaro blood in my family. As soon as I saw the new Camaro concept at the '06 NY Auto Show I knew I wanted one. It was gorgeous. After driving one last fall at another auto show I knew I wanted it even more. Finally my job is changing and I can afford one.

So, I never considered any other muscle cars. I like the looks of the Challenger but would never buy one due to Chrysler's dismal reliability ratings (CR ranks the Challenger at much worse than average). Plus, it isn't a Camaro. And the Mustang is nice but there are WAY too many of them out there.

There was no other option for me
Congrats! And another Long Islander on board. Come join us at NY5thgen.com
Blondie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #75
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think the new 5thGen camaros are beautiful cars, however, I wouldn't mind owning an SRT8 Challenger.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #76
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
I owned an 06 GTO prior to the SS and the ease with which the LS motors could be modified and remain reliable was not lost on me. My main gripe with the Goat was that the day I drove it off the lot (after comparing it to test drives in a Charger SRT8 and Mustang GT...both fell short of what I wanted in performance at the time) some kid in a Cavalier asked me where I got the "badges" for my "Cavalier". Huge GM fail on how they ruined a beautiful Australian Holden.

Fast forward 2 years later...tired of the GTO and couldn't slide into a vette, compliments of some lawmaker saying no to putting a babyseat in the front, snagged the SS as it still won out performance wise in several driving comparisons. It has an aggressive profile without trying to actually be "retro" (which the Challenger does better imho), and just "felt" right with enough go power to satisfy me driving it stock for a bit while not rolling over taking a hard turn.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #77
SsChatosS

Drives: 2010 2SS IMB w/ white stripes
Why Camaro?

I'm a fan of the 1st, 3rd, and 5th gen Camaros. I think this 5th gen Camaro just pulls certain strings that I never knew existed. I've always liked cars (especially Chevys) but when I laid eyes on the new Maro for the first time in Transformers I KNEW I was gonna end up owning the car eventually.

I've never really liked mustangs, and yall are right you can't drive down the street without seeing at least 2 of them every block. The challenger I would've got if the 5th gen wasn't around but only in Plum Crazy Purple. The charger is a family car and I don't have kids so no need for it. Plus there may be more chargers on the street than mustangs.

The styling is the reason of course but not far behind is the LS3 that came along with it. My favorite feature on the car has to be the rear haunches.

Anybody else get chills when you look out your side mirrors and see that triangle that forms on the top of the haunches?

But if I was gonna get one it had to have two things: SS and manual trans. I searched on the internet for months and finally found a used SS with 5800 miles on it with all the options added on to it ( even the sunroof which I didn't really want but now I'm glad I got it) and I could actually afford it. Now I'm working my ass off to pay it but I get to drive it everyday to work... 100% worth the time & money I'm investing to get the world's most awesome car.
SsChatosS is offline   Reply With Quote