Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #29
pensphan87

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS Convertible Bliss
Your new ride is beautiful, sorry you got bumped.
I just heard a onstar commercial did you use it?
What is in the my chevy jar? Looks like mini chocolate chip cookies, r they ok?

Don't worry they will fix her like new
pensphan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #30
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Congrats on the new ride. It looks amazing glad you're ok and glad to see the damage minimal.
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #31
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
what's in the jar
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I gotta say, I LOVE that color combo. Black and tan? NIEEEEECE!

Sucks about the accident, but cool that the damage received was not as bad as it could have been. You honestly did get lucky there.

get that sucka fixed and CONGRATS. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Now...if I could only get to your dash and install that ABL for ya!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #33
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archontruth View Post
I think you can start the policy once you have the VIN number and get provisional information until they mail you the cards? I was nervous about driving home from the dealer before reading this, now I will definitely call up GEICO and make sure I'm covered from the moment they hand me the keys. That sucks.
well you gotta talk to your insurance company and let them know what you're doing, then the dealership faxes all the info and your policy is started...then if the dealership has an onsite registry, they can register your car there

to the OP...congrats on the new car, sry to hear about the accient...maybe you can get new mods

hope she gets fixed quick and you enjoy the hell outta her

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #34
SS_Matt
permagrin

Drives: 2012 LS3 SS/RS
Badass looking car. Love it. Sorry about the accident.

If it makes you feel better a few years ago a buddy of mine bought a brand new Audi S4, wrecked it having too much fun on the way home. It was almost totalled, but not quite- so he was stuck with a car that had significant damage- but not enough to total it.

Glad everyone was okay- and damn that's a sexy car!

Enjoy!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #35
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
you know, a gentleman would have helped that lady with her implants.

gentle massaging

kiss it and make it better

you know.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #36
Chiefish

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I was wondering if a sudden injection of silicone into the blood stream would cause convulsions or not. If one of the air bags popped then where would all the silicone go ?
Chiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #37
dutchnrican
brevard

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy View Post
Sorry to hear this, it dont look to bad judging from pics? but beautiful car!! Seems like you and the lady got new things today? your car, her tatas :tweetz: only thing is your feeling the leather wheel she is feeling fake plastic and hers will cost more to fix, Don't think insurance covers breasts implants?

*EDIT* So is this what they give you when you buy the new SS's a jar of cookies? ... i noticed on arm rest
yes, they're mini chocolate chip cookies! :P I think this dealer gives it to everyone when they buy a car. I got a jar of them when I bought my last Camaro, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
Glad you're ok, hopefully the other lady recovers and has ample insurance.

Does your State allow for depreciated value?
yes, I think so! Someone else here mentioned to get the diminished value for my car since now that it has an accident report on it, it's not worth as much. When I called the insurance company of the lady that caused the accident I asked about that, and they said yes! absolutely. you'll get to file a separate claim for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifemike View Post
Did those ground effects come from the dealer, or is it part of the package?

Really nice looking, I'm considering a 2012 Black 2LT/RS so I may be a little biased (don't need the V8, I know, I know).

Accident looks very minor for you, sorry to hear about other drivers, esp. pontoon girl.
they're just the GM ground effects option you can get. I ordered my car with them. they get installed by the dealer, not by the factory though. I actually love them over all other aftermarket kits i've seen. and yes, my damage seems to be very minimal. I actually went to look at my car this morning in the sunlight and all I can notice is 2 very small paint chips and a row of shallow dents. if you didn't know I was bumped, you wouldn't even be able to tell. The fact that my car now has an accident report in it's history makes me much more angry than the damage. Because there really isn't any. I just got love tapped. Almost makes me wish I just said it was ok and left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Sorry for your accident. :( When you file the insurance claim against the other driver's insurance company, make sure you fight to recover the diminished value of your Camaro. If you try to sell it in a few years and Carfax shows an accident, you'll get less money for it. You're entitled to that money. Go get it.
I just want to say Thank You!!! I didn't know about that and neither did my dad. before he called the insurance company of the person who caused the accident I mentioned to him what I had read on here. He asked the representative about that and she said absolutely yes, you'll get to file a separate claim for diminished value since it was brand new. My dad didn't know that, so I'm glad you said something!! they're having someone come out to the house to look at my car between today and Saturday. and that's when we talk to them about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Congrats on the new camaro looks really good hope everything gets fixed.

PS. I love those cookies they give you there really good.
yes!! they are actually really good, lol. You got your Camaro from the same dealership as me, so I know you got some :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefish View Post
Glad to hear youre all right, I thought I had bad luck when someone backed up into my car with under 300 miles on it, but youve got me beat, kinda sucks when the cop asks for youre reg and insurance card and you dont even have one in youre hands yet.
yeah. I took other video clips, but didn't post them cause I didn't think anyone would be interested. just me talking to the other people and police officer. I was like, "he hit my car" and then he asked me for my license and insurance. I gave it to him and explained I just got the car and was on my home from the dealership and it wasn't transferred onto the policy yet, but it was not a problem. He did make a mistake and write in the police report that it was a 2011 camaro tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensphan87 View Post
Your new ride is beautiful, sorry you got bumped.
I just heard a onstar commercial did you use it?
What is in the my chevy jar? Looks like mini chocolate chip cookies, r they ok?

Don't worry they will fix her like new
I didn't use onstar. I tried to pull over a little bit and then got out and walked back to see how everyone else was. Then i used my cellphone to call 911.

mini chocolate chip cookies are in the jar :P and yes they are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
what's in the jar
cookies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets77 View Post
you know, a gentleman would have helped that lady with her implants.

gentle massaging

kiss it and make it better

you know.
lol, but.... i'm a girl -.- maybe I should have tried to find a gentleman for her in all the traffic that was held up behind us.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #38
v6

Drives: 2012 45th 2LT RS
Why did this have to happen to you! I've seen how excited you were to get that car. That sucks. I'm sorry. Hopefully they get it all fixed and everything
Old 09-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #39
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
Don't feel bad, it happened to me also :( as long as your safe and it still looks brand new, your good to go! enjoy it, i wish i would have waited and got a ss (i feel stupid for the post where you bashed me when i said theres no difference between a ss and lt :( lol)
RetroXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #40
daytripper

Drives: IOM 2012 1SS m6
Hi,
My car was born 8-9 , I feel very sorry for you . I would have gone Psycho after waiting so long . Now I think I'll just sit in my car and play with gadgets . Safer.
JIM
daytripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #41
dutchnrican
brevard

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6 View Post
Why did this have to happen to you! I've seen how excited you were to get that car. That sucks. I'm sorry. Hopefully they get it all fixed and everything
yeah, i think i've been on here everyday since I ordered :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroXI View Post
Don't feel bad, it happened to me also :( as long as your safe and it still looks brand new, your good to go! enjoy it, i wish i would have waited and got a ss (i feel stupid for the post where you bashed me when i said theres no difference between a ss and lt :( lol)
aww lol. don't mind me, it wasn't personal. you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
Hi,
My car was born 8-9 , I feel very sorry for you . I would have gone Psycho after waiting so long . Now I think I'll just sit in my car and play with gadgets . Safer.
JIM
my car was born the same day as yours! I feel angry, but then again nothing I can do. and it's not that bad, at all! It's still my pretty new baby that was made just for me. I am a little scared to drive it now though, lol.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #42
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
...see, should've kept your V6
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote