Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #15
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
INGENIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT.... what about the abient lighting in the dash that you did? Or is there a delay in that??? DOH!!! Sorry!!! LOL
Old 03-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #16
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTron View Post
hmm...what are some stats on these LED's...12 volts i assume...did the packaging say how much current they draw? if the current is small enough, you should look into getting a potentiometer/rheostat so you can varry the intensity of the LED's by varying the voltage.....essentially a dimmer knob..lol...could be pretty cool....
The light arent wired to the battery in anyway. The package said "12-volt hard wired." If you look close, to the left of the button, there is a small black box. I have no clue what is inside of it (a power source of some sort), because I was afraid that if tried to open it I would disconnect the wire like I did on the first on I bought, which is why its wrapped in electrical tape.

If you want to find some out about it, try Wal-Marts website and search for 15" L.E.D. Flex Light, maybe that will help some. The light alone isnt really all that impressive, but to get the glow I wanted, I used some scotch tape against the polished plastic for the lights to reflect off of. I'll take some pictures of the driver side panel (it doesnt have the wood trim on it yet) and ill do a quick search for the flex light and post them up tomorrow, or sometime soon.

EDIT: And I'll head to Wal-Mart and take some clear pix of package (Dad threw away the original) seeing as the searching is coming up with nothing.

Last edited by Camaro Lives On; 03-29-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #17
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
I went back today, and dang it, they had blue now. Not fair!! Kidding.

Here are the pictures of packaging, probably doesnt help much, but it's something
Attached Images