Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Now you know what "permagrin" is all about. Driving the Camaro 'vert is a SWEET experience.

I agree with you on the color selection for the '12's. Frankly, it's stupifying that there aren't more color choices available. Someone at GM is asleep at the wheel, so to speak and "there ain't no one wakin' him up".

If you absolutely, positively have to have a RJT, you may just have to settle for an '11 WITHOUT the backup camera, adjustable passenger seat, new tonneau and leather dash(?). Who knows whether the RJT will ever be available again? What if you sustain body / paint damage? Will there be enough paint available? A touch-up is one thing, an involved respray may be something entirely different. I just don't have enough insight into whether this is / would become a significant issue. Other RJT owners might be better able to opine on that.

If you must have a RJT, you may have to conduct an extensive search to find a new one somewhere in the country / Canada(?) and then pick it up / have it shipped to you. Are you willing to settle for a used one? Are you willing to settle for an SS if a 2LT can't be found? Are you willing to compromise on the color in order to get everything else you desire?

When I purchased my Saturn AURA XR a few years back, I, like you, knew exactly what I wanted. As it was the end of the model year with changes coming to the new model year which were not appealing to me, and I ultimately settled for a black leather interior rather than a Morocco Brown interior. In the end, I liked the car and everything about it perfectly. I didn't want to compromise on any of the factory options and packages and I didn't. Although I wasn't in a position needing to buy a new car due to problems with our old cars, I also didn't want to hunt one down somewhere in the country, either. I would, however, make the same compromise again in order to get what I valued most. That is me, however. Not everyone would make the same choice.

Considering you won't be ready to buy until at least sometime in November, will there even be a new 2LT RJT available somewhere? Who knows? The only way to find out is to start looking everyday on every dealer website in every State you can think of, starting with ones closest to you.

Just thought I'd share some of these thoughts and my recent experience about "compromise". Hopefully, you'll take with you from this some "food for thought" and, perhaps, it's stoked your motivation even more for a RJT (although you seem plenty motivated).

Good luck and keep us posted as to your thoughts and search for your perfect Camaro Convertible.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 09-03-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #16
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
I say get the RJT b/c that's the color you love. As others have said, the back-up camera and tonneau cover are not big deals or could be added later. Power passenger seat, meh...I don't care too much about that one either.

But RJT is not easily or inexpensively added later.
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #17
Without Remorse

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientweather View Post
RJT is beautiful.
This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantconvertible View Post
RJT is beautiful.Get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodj View Post
RJT is beautiful although right this second in my garage RJT is dirty.
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessSinister View Post
Here's another vote for the RJT and if you can get a deal on an '11 all the better. It's still a new car regardless of 11 or 12.
Yeppers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
If I was to get a Convertable I would go with the same color I have NOW - RJT. LOVE THE COLOR>

Walt B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
I say get the RJT b/c that's the color you love. As others have said, the back-up camera and tonneau cover are not big deals or could be added later. Power passenger seat, meh...I don't care too much about that one either.

But RJT is not easily or inexpensively added later.

I love RJT. It is the perfect amount of flash without being too flashy, classy without being too classy, badass without being......Never mind, its BADASS!

Without Remorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #18
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Go RJT !
Old 09-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #19
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Not to hammer on you RJT guys.....but I think its the worst color of all the Camaros. Just my opinion I know, but it just does not remind me of a sports car color - esp. with the tan top. Its a Cadillac/Buick color. Plus, its one of those colors that shows dirt in heartbeat.

Love my red, but if I could do it again, I'd be on a Summit White like a white on rice! Red would be my second choice followed by IOM.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying your cars, but it's a color I would not even consider.

Last edited by CooG; 09-05-2011 at 03:11 PM.
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #20
Papa T

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT, 6A, 19" polished
Red Jewel Tint coat I Love it, love it, love it, everyday!!!

But get the color that makes you go "Oh yeah, that's my car!!" every time you look at it. I have owned my RJT for 1yr and I still catch my self looking over my shoulder with my perma-grin.

Last edited by Papa T; 09-05-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Papa T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #21
Keith.M

Drives: '11 2SS/RS Vert, w/Hurst shifter
Victory Red!
Keith.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #22
Without Remorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
Not to hammer on you RJT guys.....but I think its the worst color of all the Camaros. Just my opinion I know, but it just does not remind me of a sports car color - esp. with the tan top. Its a Cadillac/Buick color. Plus, its one of those colors that shows dirt in heartbeat.

Love my red, but if I could do it again, I'd be on a Summit White like a white on rice! Red would be my second choice followed by IOM.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying your cars, but it's a color I would not even consider.
Why you gotta hate? J/K man, thats why they give us so many choices. Everyone has different tastes. I would never consider RY, VR, SIM, SGM, or ABM. I could live with the rest......but the color that has really grown on me is SW. If I had to do it over again, I would be torn between staying with RJT or going SW w/IOM stripes and interior.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #23
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
...if I could do it again, I'd be on a Summit White like a white on rice! Red would be my second choice followed by IOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Without Remorse View Post
......the color that has really grown on me is SW. If I had to do it over again, I would be torn between staying with RJT or going SW w/IOM stripes and interior.
Summit White is so conspicuous it's become "stealthy" (just messin' with you guys).
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 09-05-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #24
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
Quote:

I have seen plenty of Corvettes and Mustangs in dark red with beige tops so I'm not sure why you think it's not a sports car color. The Cadillacs I've seen with the color combination also look good. There's really nothing as American as a classic looking Cadillac. I wouldn't want a Cadillac but I think they look good.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #25
Without Remorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodj View Post
I have seen plenty of Corvettes and Mustangs in dark red with beige tops so I'm not sure why you think it's not a sports car color. The Cadillacs I've seen with the color combination also look good. There's really nothing as American as a classic looking Cadillac. I wouldn't want a Cadillac but I think they look good.
Agreed. It is very similar IMO to candy apple red which historically has coated some of the best sports and muscle cars around. The problem is that the color was stolen/borrowed by minivan manufacturers to make their piles of crap look more sporty. It didn't work BTW.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #26
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
2011 RJT is my vote... there won't be too many RJT verts out there, ever.

Also, IMO, the changes for '12 were not that significant.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote