Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-25-2011, 11:23 PM   #29
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Well that just sucks! :(

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #30
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Kudos to the wife I believe you said was driving it, for taking it straight in the center of the grill...

As a retired FF/Paramedic, I can't tell you how many tragic wrecks I've been to from someeone trying to dodge something in the road... be it animals, retreads, box's etc...

Folks, we have insurance to repair/replace the cars... there is nothing like that to replace us... Hit whatever it is unless you have lots of time to maneuver... and let the insurance company worry about it... There are no trees, or very few of them, in the middle of the road, but there are lots of them and other hazards along side the road... and traction and stability are best achieved on asphalt...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:41 AM   #31
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Yea, round here we call them gators, they can cause all kinds of damage to a car.
Same down here...we call'em Road Gators.

I was following a truck about 12 years ago when it's trailer had a blow out and a probably 3 foot piece of retread tire flew over me and hit the passenger side windshield of the minivan my wife was driving behind me. The damn thing left rubber on the windshield right were my daughter was sitting and broke off the passenger side mirror.

NavyDood, glad everyone is OK and the car is fixed.
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #32
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
Never did follow up on this. We got the car back way ahead of schedule. The dealer did an outstanding job on the repairs. Only issue I had was they refused to install an aftermarket exhaust for me instead of the OEM because they didn't want to run into fitment issues and CEL's. I just rolled my eyes. I asked how much the exhaust was and about fell over when they said $1609. I told them I didn't want the insurance company paying for a new exhaust since I was going aftermarket. He said he would call the area claims rep for Farmer's and call me back. The area claims rep said we could leave the old exhaust on (which was dented is all) and Farmer's would cut me a appearance allowance check for $1200. I had no issue with that since it paid the deductible and I got the Flowmaster AT 817481 cat back online for $585 shipped. The exhaust goes on tomorrow. I got my deductible paid, exh system and install all for the cost of the appearance allowance.

Cool!! Glad you were able to work that out...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote