Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
monday should be delivery threads time.
But GM is starting to show off the v6, isnt there a commercial with the Camaro and the imports?
I agree, im sure when these are more readily available at your dealer, then there will be more advertising
They do have billboards and are advertising at sporting games, races, and soo on
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #16
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
There may be some out there but I have yet to see a Mustang, Challenger or Corvette commercial on TV.
You're kidding, right?

Off the top of my head, I know of two Mustang commercials with Derek Jeter and Spike Lee - one of them has them racing a classic Stang against a current generation Mustang GT, and in the other one, they're both in a new Mustang GT. And then there was the new Mustang in the cornfield with the computer-generated Steve McQueen driving it, recreating Bullitt.

Go to youtube, type in Mustang tv commercial and there's like 7 pages worth of clips. Granted many are older, but all the new ones are there too.

Can't say I've seen a Challenger or Vette commercial on tv though, at least recently.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #17
beausbriggs
2G1FT1EW3A9113560

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to beausbriggs
They are waiting for the "Free Advertising" to hit the streets. Judging by the crowds at the auto shows around this car, when it hits the streets people will notice. The tv spots and other marketing efforts will then kick in and direct attention to the fuel economy and other benefits. They just have to do it right and make sure they can keep up with the demand... that's the trick.

1000, Dealer Order (4.06.09)
1100, Preliminary order accepted (04.09.09)
2000, Order accepted by GM (4.16.09)
3000, Order accepted by production control (4.21.09)
3100, Order available to sequence (5.14.09)
3300, Order scheduled for production (5.14.09)
3400, Order broadcast (5.21.09)
3800, Order produced (5.29.09)
4000, Available to ship (5.29.09)
4200, Shipped (5.29.09)
4800, Rail Ramp Unload (5.30.09)
5000, Delivered to the dealer (6.10.09)
6000, Delivered to the customer (6.11.09)
beausbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #18
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Well...

You're going to have to take a peek at this YouTube page then...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChevroletVehicles

Honda gets pwned...

Imports get pwned...
Old 04-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #19
zforce

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Inferno Matelic Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsack789 View Post
Is it just me, or does it seems like GM is sort of hiding the Camaro? I mean, I know they have a great site and everything, and it's shown in a few commercials, but I have to say I wouldn't know Chevy was making a new Camaro if I wasn't an enthusiast. I know GM doesn't want to be showing off a big muscle car right now, but it seems like they're scared of people knowing that they are making a performance car. If they want people to buy it, they need to at least mention the name in the commercial. I think a great way to promote support for GM would be to show off the V-6, and the great performance-to-mileage ratio. These are just my personal thoughts.
GM knows that the car is going to sell its self. They already know that the demand is greater than what GM can supply so why waste good money. Have you ever seen a complete commercial for the Corvettes? They will flash a second or two on a Chevrolet commercial (the same manner they are showing the Camaro now) but they will never show a Corvette commercial. I believe they are not hiding the Camaro, they are strategically using other means (like this site) to get the word out. If you want to see Camaro commercials wait for late summer when everyone that will get one this year has gotten theirs and sales start to hit a plateau.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #20
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Well...

Honda gets pwned...

Imports get pwned...
Old 04-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #21
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
No they are not hiding the camaro but they are Hiding CGM on us

they need to get the word out in commercials saying the camaro v6 gets 29highway

and the v8 gets 25/24 for manual

like they should do a commercial (with that guy^)saying this is the new Camaro
then a person asks "I bet it Guzzles gas like a truck (or something like that)

then the guy says No the v6 300hp gets 29 mpg highway and the 425hp v8 gets 25 highway
Old 04-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #22
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
I wouldn't say that they've been "hiding" it at all... it just seems like that because people on this site are so informed, and have been since wayyyy before production. Keep in mind that this does not usually happen like this. They are slowly starting to let the Camaro peek it's head out at the general public... expect more once it's actually readily available. Heavily advertising it when it can't even be purchased would just be an insanely dumb move. Most people do not want to order a car and wait for it. They want to go to a dealer, find what they want, and buy it. At most, they might wait a day or 2 for a dealer locate, but definitely not weeks/months. Just my $.02
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #23
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Well...

Honda gets pwned...

Imports get pwned...
Those were awesome!!!
Thanks for the post!

Even though I do currently drive a Toyota and have owned two others... They do make a decent vehicle! I'm just really excited to see GM step up to the plate and hit a grad slam!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:21 AM   #24
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I wouldn't say that they've been "hiding" it at all... it just seems like that because people on this site are so informed, and have been since wayyyy before production. Keep in mind that this does not usually happen like this. They are slowly starting to let the Camaro peek it's head out at the general public... expect more once it's actually readily available. Heavily advertising it when it can't even be purchased would just be an insanely dumb move. Most people do not want to order a car and wait for it. They want to go to a dealer, find what they want, and buy it. At most, they might wait a day or 2 for a dealer locate, but definitely not weeks/months. Just my $.02
+1

I have to agree it would just be stupid to waste the money to advertise something that a lot of people will have to wait for. I mean people today just cant wait. Just look at us here, we all are starting to get cranky just waiting for this car.
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #25
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet67 View Post
I want my car and I want it NOW
lol
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #26
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason44 View Post
+1

I have to agree it would just be stupid to waste the money to advertise something that a lot of people will have to wait for. I mean people today just cant wait. Just look at us here, we all are starting to get cranky just waiting for this car.
Completely true, advertising cars that aren't on the lot yet would be bad business. If anything GM has the Camaro in more advertising than is called for at this point in time.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:30 AM   #27
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by beausbriggs View Post
They are waiting for the "Free Advertising" to hit the streets. Judging by the crowds at the auto shows around this car, when it hits the streets people will notice. The tv spots and other marketing efforts will then kick in and direct attention to the fuel economy and other benefits. They just have to do it right and make sure they can keep up with the demand... that's the trick.
That's my thoughts too. When the Chally came out, I didn't want one but I wanted to see one, same with the Mustang. I would hear peoples conversations and hear them saying, "have you seen one of those new ...........?"

There are strategic adds out there already, maybe ther will be more. Maybe not. The Chally has been out for some time now and I haven't seen adds for it, it sells itself but this is the wrong economic state we are in for the Big 3 to be pushing "muscle cars."

I do think you will see advertising for the 29 mpg LS and LT. When they are on the lots, that will get customers to come in to see for themselves a car that has 300 HP and gets 29 mpg, and has incredible styling. Some of those people will want to pay a little more for the upgrade to SS that gets pretty good mileage too for having 426 advertised HP.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #28
Shortbus

Drives: 88 IROC Z28
Quote:
Well...

Honda gets pwned...

Imports get pwned...
Howie's right about that lawnmower Honda makes. I have it, and it's fantastic.

Besides, is it me or is anyone else getting sick of fuel economy being the only important factor in a car purchase these days?
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote