Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
silentdoom
Silentdoom.com

Drives: 11' Synergy SS/RS
Cool Christmas- hmmmm

So Christmas is coming up and what I'm really wanting is to open up Victoria's lungs. I've done a muffler delete before but I was looking for a better sound this time. I want it to be heard. What all would make it perfect? Exhaust-headers-what else? And what brands, which I know is an opinion but I know some of you have put on stuff that makes it sound like it should. I would like to buy it through jennetty bc I want a tune AS SOON as its installed. And do they have any packages that come with everything I would need? Thanks!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
If you really want to be heard, long tube headers, cold air intake, chambered exhaust like Flowmaster and a cam. That would be a nice Christmas gift for Victoria.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
silentdoom
Silentdoom.com

. That would be! The thing that I liked most was on my uncles c6. I believe it's called electric cutouts? Idk but you could cut off the mufflers and it sounded even better! What's a good way to go about that?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
TiiKiiArt
Casper the Camaro

Drives: Summit White 2010 Camaro 2SS RS 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentdoom View Post
. That would be! The thing that I liked most was on my uncles c6. I believe it's called electric cutouts? Idk but you could cut off the mufflers and it sounded even better! What's a good way to go about that?

my Brother has an electric exhaust cutout on his 09 Camry, and it sounds beastly BUT it's super cool how you can turn it on and off at the click of a button on your keychain.

One second you're roaring down 82' drowning out the sound of a shitty ricer trying to race you and then moments before you pass a cop... *click*.......Stealthmode. Someone being loud? who me? not me, couldnt be.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
So Christmas is coming up and what I'm really wanting is to open up Victoria's lungs. I've done a muffler delete before but I was looking for a better sound this time. I want it to be heard. What all would make it perfect? Exhaust-headers-what else? And what brands, which I know is an opinion but I know some of you have put on stuff that makes it sound like it should. I would like to buy it through jennetty bc I want a tune AS SOON as its installed. And do they have any packages that come with everything I would need? Thanks!

Victoria?.....

Anyways, you would have to ask Ted himself if he offers a header package with a tune. I personally haven't tuned yet since I installed my long tubes because I am waiting until I do my FI setup.

Noise vs. performance is what you need to decide on. You can go the easy/cheap route and just add cutouts (personally not a huge fan of electrics from a dependability standpoint). Or, you can go the performance and quality route with a good brand of coated long tube header (Kooks or ARH) with or without high-flow cats.

Depends how much you want to spend.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiiKiiArt View Post
my Brother has an electric exhaust cutout on his 09 Camry, and it sounds beastly BUT it's super cool how you can turn it on and off at the click of a button on your keychain.

One second you're roaring down 82' drowning out the sound of a shitty ricer trying to race you and then moments before you pass a cop... *click*.......Stealthmode. Someone being loud? who me? not me, couldnt be.
youre making me want to get cutouts! lol

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
call Jannetty and order the JRE Street Package, it is everything you need, I had it installed on mine at Jannettys and it is absolutely awesome, it is LT Headers, High Flows, CAI, Exhaust of your Choice and Tuned.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
The KOOK's headers are nice and find a good local tuner!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

Last edited by JDP Motorsports; 11-08-2011 at 09:53 AM.
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #9
silentdoom
Silentdoom.com

http://jreperformanceparts.com/2010-...st-w-cats.html

http://jreperformanceparts.com/magna...-cat-back.html

Here is what I was thinking... what do you think?