Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #1149
rainey85

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Honestly- of the ones I've actually looked at; id say 75% had them... this includes the ones on the dealer lot... only ones I've EVER seen without, were on the dealer lots... I honestly haven't seen any on the road without
Hell, I've seen a couple at the dealer with rub marks. In fact my service manager showed me one that had only been on the lot a couple of days.

rainey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #1150
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey85 View Post
Hell, I've seen a couple at the dealer with rub marks. In fact my service manager showed me one that had only been on the lot a couple of days.
Same here... I think I posted b4, 3/5 had the marks on the lot at Bill Schultz in Ft Pierce...
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #1151
rainey85

I am SERIOUSLY considering contacting GM about buying back my car or filing for lemon law on it. It was just in the shop a week ago today for an annoying squeak and they said it was my rear seat and that they fixed the problem. Well Saturday night it started squeaking again, in full force, and on top of that the left rear speaker is not working now. I am so frustrated with all that has happened in the 9 months I have had my car. It has been in the shop 11 times for a total of 25+ days. Is it just me or is that excessive? (Rhetorical question). My patience has pretty much run out!!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #1152
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Rainey file a complaint with the BBB autoline.

http://www.bbb.org/us/auto-line-lemon-law/

They will then take your info and what resolution you want and contact Chevy for you. Chevy will then assign a case worker and they will contact you with information and hopefully a fix. This is what I am doing and possibly getting a buyback from them.
Good luck
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #1153
rainey85

95birdible, thanks for the info! I'll check into tomorrow.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 AM   #1154
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Just got the call on my water management fix. The bag had a hole and was fixed by an "approved GM process" ??? I told them when I get there I want to see this "approved GM process" because I was originally told they couldn't fix this but had to replace the bag leading to a top removal again :( not that I want them to touch my top again but I just want an end to this.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #1155
Tstorm180

Drives: '11 Camaro SS Conv. + '06 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, I just picked up my 2012 45th 2ss vert. Wasnt there a change for the 2012 vert top? I remember doing some reaserch and found there was a change for 2012. Do any of you guys know if the changes are anything significant or will I encounter the same problems?
Thanks guys
They replaced my 2nd 2011 top with a complete frame assembly from a 2012. The top seems to fit much better (tighter). A touch of road noise (but bearable) and wrinkling behind the rear windows. the rub marks are still there, but not nearly as evident as the original or replacement tops. The back window appears noticably larger than the 2011. For now, i'm staying put and waiting for a better solution.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #1156
Tstorm180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Just got the call on my water management fix. The bag had a hole and was fixed by an "approved GM process" ??? I told them when I get there I want to see this "approved GM process" because I was originally told they couldn't fix this but had to replace the bag leading to a top removal again :( not that I want them to touch my top again but I just want an end to this.
if they haven't compensated you yet, I would be asking them for a car payment or two for all of your aggravation and inconvenience.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #1157
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Quote:
It's called duct tape.
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #1158
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Thanks for the info, I'll keep a look out for wear
v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #1159
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Just got the car back and what started with rub marks has now graduated into water management bag problems. The so called "Approved GM Fix" didn't fix the problem. They did another water check and water is still coming in ! So now another water management bag is being ordered which means they are going to have to remove my top AGAIN ! GM rep also called today to check on the fix, luckily I was not around to answer, it would have been ugly. Well now I wait till next week to bring the car back in again. With all this work I am wondering what will be either missed or broken in the next service. I will be asking for continued warranty service on the top and all its mechanics till 10 / 100K.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #1160
Tstorm180

Quote:
Just got the car back and what started with rub marks has now graduated into water management bag problems. The so called "Approved GM Fix" didn't fix the problem. They did another water check and water is still coming in ! So now another water management bag is being ordered which means they are going to have to remove my top AGAIN ! GM rep also called today to check on the fix, luckily I was not around to answer, it would have been ugly. Well now I wait till next week to bring the car back in again. With all this work I am wondering what will be either missed or broken in the next service. I will be asking for continued warranty service on the top and all its mechanics till 10 / 100K.
I forgot to add that they did provide me with an extended warranty on my top (6 yrs / 100k).
Old 12-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #1161
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
NUT
Can't believe they haven't got this right yet
I feel for ya, they are great cars but a bummer when its in the shop all the time.Keep pushing so that maybe, just maybe, GM will get a permanent fix and recall all verts to have the repairs done.
good luck
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #1162
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Saw a 12' LT in a parking lot today... I have to admitt... NO signs of rub marks. Granted it has only been in the 60's-70's this week, which to some isn't top-down weather (even had mine up going to/from the gym last night- 61 degrees)... so it may just be lack of top cycling... interesting none the less tho

Side note... anyone watch the video with Al O. for the ZL1 verts? Woulda loved to hear someone in the background scream (what about the damn rub marks!?!?!?!) during his interview! I can dream, right???
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote