Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Is that heat related hazing? Looks like condensation to me. Is it always like that now or does it clear up during the heat fo the day?

If it goes away then I would say the lights need to be re-sealed.
This
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #16
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
this is nothing new about AAC. so many people have had problems including my self its not even funny. do a search on AAC on here. you will see what kinda poor service and products they handle

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #17
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
I always say run a thin bead of RTV clear Silicone around the headlamps or taillights after you have something like this done.

yes they already seal it however even the smallest crack or peep hole allows moisture in the lens and you get this.

You can dry it out with a hairdryer ( afterwards leave the bulb out for a few hours to let the heat out otherwise it will revapor back up )

or remove and reopen the lens and wipe it down and reseal it.

if AAC responds and fixes this for you put your own silicone on for insurance.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #18
Kwik

Drives: car
Any problems with their interior lights? Kinda makes you nervous to buy from them.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #19
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Are both sides affected ? If not, it's a seal issue ...
Old 12-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #20
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
moved to the vendor reviews/feedback seciton
Old 12-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #21
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
I was your original point of contact on this order. We installed the LED strip at the bottom of the housings and smoked out the turn signal reflectors. I remember saying that we would need at least two days with the lights to ensure that they are sealed properly but the person that was painting the truck showed up several hours early to pick the lights up (the seal was still wet). I asked him to come back when the lights were sealed properly but he said that he was on a time crunch and needed them now.

(This was almost a year ago now so please forgive me if I do not remember the exact time frame) If remember correctly, a few weeks went by and you said that you had a slight haze in one of your headlights; I explained that you could bring the truck in and we could open the light, clean the inside, and reseal the headlight for you but I never heard back from you to schedule a time/date to drop the truck off for the warranty. This was the last time that I spoke with you regarding the issue.

About a month or two ago you came in to purchase some more lighting (reverse lights if I recall correctly) but your sale went through someone else; the issue about moisture was not mentioned to me then and I assumed that everything was okay. Not long after that I overheard that you were dropping your truck off for a week while you were out of town (again, this did not go through me so I did not have many details about what we were doing).

After talking to a few people here I was informed that the HIDs that you have installed could have damaged the housings because the HIDs are left on all of the time (from when the truck is turned on until when the truck is turned off). I was told that the damage that was caused by the HIDs was not something that we could buff or clean because it could damage the light further.

Someone sent me a picture of your lights on Sunday when the truck was delivered back to you that showed hazing due to moisture. From what I was told the lights did not haze or have moisture the entire time they were at the shop (the truck did spend a few days outside during the day - it was not in the warehouse every day). Since you were on a cruise the person that was not able to contact you about the "hazing" you were referring to.

Now that I see that there is moisture in your lights we can open them back up, clean them, and reseal them. We will need the lights for two days in order to ensure that they are going to be sealed properly.
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #22
Kwik

Drives: car
Sounds like a solid answer from AAC to me!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #23
J Lambert

Drives: 2010 Camaro
[QUOTE=mike25;4102761]Stock headlight housings aren't designed for HiDS...sounds like they re doing you a favor to even clean the headlight housing, which isnt even their product correct? They make a product that supposedly takes the fogging effect off(not AAC).[/QUOTE

The housing is OEM General Motors. Everything they installed is their product. So why as professional a comapany would they install something that would compromise the housing??? If they do and warranty it wouldn't that fall under the warranty?? Trust me no favors were done here.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #24
J Lambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
I was your original point of contact on this order. We installed the LED strip at the bottom of the housings and smoked out the turn signal reflectors. I remember saying that we would need at least two days with the lights to ensure that they are sealed properly but the person that was painting the truck showed up several hours early to pick the lights up (the seal was still wet). I asked him to come back when the lights were sealed properly but he said that he was on a time crunch and needed them now.

(This was almost a year ago now so please forgive me if I do not remember the exact time frame) If remember correctly, a few weeks went by and you said that you had a slight haze in one of your headlights; I explained that you could bring the truck in and we could open the light, clean the inside, and reseal the headlight for you but I never heard back from you to schedule a time/date to drop the truck off for the warranty. This was the last time that I spoke with you regarding the issue.

About a month or two ago you came in to purchase some more lighting (reverse lights if I recall correctly) but your sale went through someone else; the issue about moisture was not mentioned to me then and I assumed that everything was okay. Not long after that I overheard that you were dropping your truck off for a week while you were out of town (again, this did not go through me so I did not have many details about what we were doing).

After talking to a few people here I was informed that the HIDs that you have installed could have damaged the housings because the HIDs are left on all of the time (from when the truck is turned on until when the truck is turned off). I was told that the damage that was caused by the HIDs was not something that we could buff or clean because it could damage the light further.

Someone sent me a picture of your lights on Sunday when the truck was delivered back to you that showed hazing due to moisture. From what I was told the lights did not haze or have moisture the entire time they were at the shop (the truck did spend a few days outside during the day - it was not in the warehouse every day). Since you were on a cruise the person that was not able to contact you about the "hazing" you were referring to.

Now that I see that there is moisture in your lights we can open them back up, clean them, and reseal them. We will need the lights for two days in order to ensure that they are going to be sealed properly.
Well hello Jonathan!!! Yes you were the sales person. But you seem to be conveniently remember SOME of the story. My painter was sent when I was told the lights WERE GOING to be ready. Not a minute before!!!! I was told it would be ready Wed and my paitner showed on Thurs. And yes they were not done and wet. But you released them anyway.

You are the persrson I referred to in the earlier post that was supposed to get with the tech and get back to me. Like I said that never happened!!!!!!

When I came to get the reverse bulbs I walked straight to your desk. You then asked if I wanted Missy to do the sale. I said I didn't care. You should never ASSume!!!!!

My DRL's are not on all the time!!!!!!!! I pulled the fuse. So that statement is totally false.

My problem is with both the hazing and the moistue along with the lack of brightness of the strip. All of these issues Missy was aware of. Seems to me as if this is a warranty issue. With the exception of the brightness of the strip.

The week you had the truck is when that should have been done!!! Wouldn't you assume that Jonathan?????
Old 12-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #25
J Lambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Is that heat related hazing? Looks like condensation to me. Is it always like that now or does it clear up during the heat fo the day?

If it goes away then I would say the lights need to be re-sealed.
First pic is the hazing. The last two are condinsation. And yes it clears up after a couple sunny days. However would you want your 2011 truck to be like that? After the money that was spent.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #26
J Lambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendell347 View Post
Not for nothing but those look to be aftermarket headlights which are usually inferior products to begin with, combined with the HIDs which will heat up to higher temps than stock bulbs. However this looks to have been going on for a while judging by the pics since the LED strip is starting to corrode/rust which is a sign that there was excessive water in the light..so my question is did AAC fail to seal the light in a spot or is the housing damaged somewhere that is causing moisture to leak in?
Incorrect OEM General Motors headlights. That were brought to AAC and they did the work to them.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #27
J Lambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik View Post
Any problems with their interior lights? Kinda makes you nervous to buy from them.
Never used any interior lights.

And that sounds like a solid one sided answer.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #28
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Lambert View Post
Well hello Jonathan!!! Yes you were the sales person. But you seem to be conveniently remember SOME of the story. My painter was sent when I was told the lights WERE GOING to be ready. Not a minute before!!!! I was told it would be ready Wed and my paitner showed on Thurs. And yes they were not done and wet. But you released them anyway.

You are the persrson I referred to in the earlier post that was supposed to get with the tech and get back to me. Like I said that never happened!!!!!!

When I came to get the reverse bulbs I walked straight to your desk. You then asked if I wanted Missy to do the sale. I said I didn't care. You should never ASSume!!!!!

My DRL's are not on all the time!!!!!!!! I pulled the fuse. So that statement is totally false.

My problem is with both the hazing and the moistue along with the lack of brightness of the strip. All of these issues Missy was aware of. Seems to me as if this is a warranty issue. With the exception of the brightness of the strip.

The week you had the truck is when that should have been done!!! Wouldn't you assume that Jonathan?????
I will be the first person to tell you that I do not remember every detail about the day that the lights were picked up being that it was almost a year ago now.

When you came in to purchase the bulbs I did ask you if you wanted to deal with Melissa since you had a closer relationship with her since she is a friend of yours.

I am only going by what I was told about your HIDs being on all of the time.

From what I was told the lights did not haze or have moisture the entire time they were at the shop (the truck did spend a few days outside during the day - it was not in the warehouse every day). Since you were on a cruise the person that was not able to contact you about the "hazing" you were referring to. If this was a seen issue when your truck was here there is no question that we would have done what I stated above (open, clean, reseal).

Now that I have seen the issue either myself or Melissa can schedule a date for you to drop the lights off to us for warranty work. We will need the lights for two days in order to ensure that they are going to be sealed properly.
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote