Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 11-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #113
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
most likely me too.. but later after my shift unfortunately. i am in the low 40's... I'm having a hard time online with these maps for some reason.
They take some getting use to. Its very hard to camp, which is good for those that hate it lol. All the maps IMO are somewhat fast paced. i think its more the set up of your classes that determines how well you do on a given map. Assasin (pro) is a great perk to use if you dont already do and the obvious silencer on a weapon is a great way to stay hidden. I went 19-2 on one map last night on HC TDM.

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #114
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Great game so far.

Been using the ACR with RDS and Suppressor. SOH pro, Assasin pro, and Dead silence when I'm playing solo, which is a lot of the time since I keep odd hours.

Lvl 64ish and rising.

Not the best player in the world. My lifetime K/D in this is .75 so far. The first night was hectic with learning maps, and admittedly I'm basically a 1.00 KD player on average. I've had a few games where I played at a 2 or a 3 though so I'm liking it more and more as I learn the maps!

So far the only things I'm not liking are the Type 95 killing in one or two bullets. (I know it's a 3 rd burst, but come on! OP much? The MK 14 should be a OHK if this is the case, as well as all snipers.)

The spawn system is BALLS. People will spawn right on top of you, it was the same in BLOPS though, and was fixed pretty quickly.

I am starting to really love the maps.

Dome, I hated it at first... now that I'm getting more comfortable rushing, I like it more and more. I got too tied into using only AR's in BOPS, and now that I've made a legit rushing class with the PP90M I am really loving the CQB maps.

Downturn, Again, hated it initially, but the random campers always go to the same spots. So it's getting really fun finding them and teaching them a nice lesson about why camping is laaame.

Outpost I loved at first. Hate it now. Don't know why either. I've been getting raped on it a LOT and I think my timing is just really bad.

Arkaden, HATED this map with a seething fury on release day. Learned how to get up on the ledge outside the mall and now it's like fish in a barrel for the first few min of any game. It will get played out pretty quick once people catch on to it though.

Overall the maps are decent. I'm learning a few good spots to hold down on each map. *Hold down meaning I move through the area and pick off rushers... I do NOT mean I sit in a corner ADS and hope some scrub runs bye.*

I think the hit detection seems a lot better. You actually kill people when you hit them. I recall getting over 10 hit markers on a player in Black Ops and they still didn't die.

If any of you are on XBL hit me up. Be sure to let me know you are from the forums since i don't accept random friend requests.

Spyk3d4ddy
Old 11-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #115
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Great game so far.

Been using the ACR with RDS and Suppressor. SOH pro, Assasin pro, and Dead silence when I'm playing solo, which is a lot of the time since I keep odd hours.

Lvl 64ish and rising.

Not the best player in the world. My lifetime K/D in this is .75 so far. The first night was hectic with learning maps, and admittedly I'm basically a 1.00 KD player on average. I've had a few games where I played at a 2 or a 3 though so I'm liking it more and more as I learn the maps!

So far the only things I'm not liking are the Type 95 killing in one or two bullets. (I know it's a 3 rd burst, but come on! OP much? The MK 14 should be a OHK if this is the case, as well as all snipers.)

The spawn system is BALLS. People will spawn right on top of you, it was the same in BLOPS though, and was fixed pretty quickly.

Dome, I hated it at first... now that I'm getting more comfortable rushing, I like it more and more. I got too tied into using only AR's in BOPS, and now that I've made a legit rushing class with the PP90M I am really loving the CQB maps.

Downturn, Again, hated it initially, but the random campers always go to the same spots. So it's getting really fun finding them and teaching them a nice lesson about why camping is laaame.

Outpost I loved at first. Hate it now. Don't know why either. I've been getting raped on it a LOT and I think my timing is just really bad.

Arkaden, HATED this map with a seething fury on release day. Learned how to get up on the ledge outside the mall and now it's like fish in a barrel for the first few min of any game. It will get played out pretty quick once people catch on to it though.

Overall the maps are decent. I'm learning a few good spots to hold down on each map. *Hold down meaning I move through the area and pick off rushers... I do NOT mean I sit in a corner ADS and hope some scrub runs bye.*

I think the hit detection seems a lot better. You actually kill people when you hit them. I recall getting over 10 hit markers on a player in Black Ops and they still didn't die.

If any of you are on XBL hit me up. Be sure to let me know you are from the forums since i don't accept random friend requests.

Spyk3d4ddy
great write up on the maps lol. yea ive found the usual places where campers hide as well. easy pickings with a semtex. I have a few classes set up for those rush maps as you described UMP45 is my choice tho for those maps. Overall the games is great. I do hope there is a patch soon for the annoying spawn killings tho.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #116
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Finally!!! Got my Elite Entitlements!!! Had to go on the website and do something with my account. It was some kind of log-in glitch I guess.

Glad someone else has noticed the frequency of what I call the 2 step killings. Boy, is that enough to chuck the controller across the room or what?

If I had to vote for my most hated map it would have to be DOWNTURN just can't do anything with that map at all.

And is it me or should they just call the sniper rifles (except for the one I use I guess lol) "instant killers". I've been the victim of sooo many kills where it hits you even in the leg and you are done!!!! I could understand center mass but WTF even when they have it suppressed---which for me doesn't work at all unless its a head shot and I only got that once so far.

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 11-25-2011 at 09:14 AM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #117
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Engineer View Post
In MW2 some C5 members and I used GEN5, C5, and CMRO as our clan tag, just some ideas.

Heres the List ofC5 PS3 users so far:
1. Texas-Eng7
2. TacticalAbortion
3. Baum2Eagle
4. Camaro_rocks
5. Crazygamr2
6. Gigchip
7. ScottBjorn3D
8. 09blkCobaltSS

Feel free to add you PS3 name so other C5 members can add.
Add CadillacDTS to that.
Tech AFX Heater Hose Relocation Kit, Black Chrome Wheels
Pfadt trailing and toe arms, Pfadt solid subframe mounts, Pfadt diff bushings, Street Slayer Twin Carbon
Technostalgia Camaro LED taillights, CTS-V Front Brakes, Powder Coated Calipers By ME
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Complete ZL1 Rearend Swap
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #118
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Modern_07 on PS3
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:33 AM   #119
Mary Lane

Drives: Camaro
This is cool! Gaming Lounge! Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is one of my favorite game .... ... Hello there....
Old 11-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #120
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
add me up xbox clow29 im on all the time.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #121
SILVERHAWK

Hit prestige last night...don't know if its a good or a bad thing starting all over when I was starting to get better at these maps....

Anybody have any suggestions on the best way to spend your prestige tokens???? I have 3 built up right now
Old 11-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #122
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Quote:
Hit prestige last night...don't know if its a good or a bad thing starting all over when I was starting to get better at these maps....

Anybody have any suggestions on the best way to spend your prestige tokens???? I have 3 built up right now
I used my first token for the call sign and title, kind of a waste but i had an extra one to burn. I still have one more token but will probably save it to carry a weapon over into prestige mode.

I heard once you prestige you can carry one class over with all of its unlocks by using a token. For example, you can carry over one sub machine gun weapon with one of its attachments and unlocks as well as the perks you want, and one tactical and one leathal device. This way you wont start completely over in Prestige mode. Im at level 73 I think. Im not sure if I want to prestige yet. im trying to get the unlocks and titles for most if not all the wapons first. idk yet.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #123
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
OH! is that on hardcore or something... yeah that would piss me off too.
I always try to protect the guy if I see he is getting a care package.. nothing irritates me more than getting killed by the other team while trying to recover it..thus losing it.

I had one the other day where a guy was trying to snipe someone from halfway across the map at the exact same time I contacted him and killed him. Guess his shot hit right after the kill and he cussed me. I was like...WHAT? I didn't see your name on his forehead... you are across the map how am I supposed to know. dumb people
I don't have a headset so I mute everyone, I hate listening to people bitch and act tough over a video game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Great game so far.

Lvl 64ish and rising.

Spyk3d4ddy
I absolutely HATE Fallen and Resistance. Those maps destroy me every time.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:19 PM   #124
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Engineer View Post
I used my first token for the call sign and title, kind of a waste but i had an extra one to burn. I still have one more token but will probably save it to carry a weapon over into prestige mode.

I heard once you prestige you can carry one class over with all of its unlocks by using a token. For example, you can carry over one sub machine gun weapon with one of its attachments and unlocks as well as the perks you want, and one tactical and one leathal device. This way you wont start completely over in Prestige mode. Im at level 73 I think. Im not sure if I want to prestige yet. im trying to get the unlocks and titles for most if not all the wapons first. idk yet.

Damn, I will have to remember that carry over thing for the next prestige...I doubt I can use it now... I'm already back to level 28.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #125
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Will be online most of the weekend. Hit me up: Texas-Eng7 PSN

Old 12-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #126
baumy2eagle
Baumy2eagle

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 96 GMC Jimmy
Send a message via Yahoo to baumy2eagle
Quote: