Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Street Slayer Brought to you by Hendrix Engineering

Today is the day! As some of you may know, over the past few months, we at Hendrix Engineering have been working with RPS Clutches, the leader in carbon clutch technology, to develop a new line of ultra performance clutches know as the Street Slayers. Unlike other clutches on the market, the Street Slayers were developed to hold massive amounts of power, while at the same time, keeping the engagement as smooth as a baby's bottom. To fit everyone's needs, we offer twin and triple disc clutches and several modifications to each model. It doesn't matter if you just drive your Camaro to and from work, or you are a full blown drag racing enthusiast; we have a Street Slayer Clutch for you. Our Street Slayer Twin series is the only "Full-Carbon" line of clutches available for the Camaro. The twins are designed to handle any abuse you throw at them, and are manufactured with longevity in mind. Most importantly, the twins feature factory like engagement, which makes for outstanding drivability. They're so smooth you just might forget that it's a twin disc. With our carbon clutches, you will never have to worry about warping or bending. Another great feature of our carbon clutches is that each one is fully rebuildable! Never again will you have to throw your old clutch in the dumpster and buy a whole new kit. All you have to do is order a rebuild kit, and your Street Slayer will be back to new in no time! Last but certainly not least, we offer a triple disc clutch, the Street Slayer Triple. It is also a "Full Carbon" clutch, meaning it shares the same features as our twin disc clutches and then some!

To order one of our Street Slayer Clutches:
-Give us a call at (980) 521-0722
-CLICK HERE to Email us at DillonWilhelm@gmail.com
-Click the banner above the clutch of your choosing
-Click any of the the "Order Now" Links

*Feel free to Call / E-mail us concerning pricing, or any questions you may have*

CHECK OUR VENDORS SECTION POST FOR A SPECIAL OFFER
CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!!!

The first clutch in our twin disc lineup is the Street Slayer Twin, which is rated at 700 lbs-ft of torque. The Street Slayer Twin is a fantastic street clutch with extraordinary long life and factory smooth engagement. We use a full carbon floater plate which is GUARANTEED not to warp. this is because the carbon we use to make the plate can withstand temperatures over the melting point of steel without changing shape! Our competitors use steel floater plates that warp over time because of heat build up. A warped floater reeks havoc on your transmission, causing missed shifts, pre-mature syncro, and clutch wear. The all new Street Slayer Twin uses half carbon discs for better wear and heat resistance than standard full organic twin disc clutches. The floater side of each disc uses carbon friction to rub against the floater surface. This causes real carbon on carbon friction, which is designed to rub only against itself. The other side of each disc uses a high grade organic material just like the original Street Slayer. The outer disc utilizes a marcel spring that provides the factory smooth engagement feel. The Street Slayer Twin, like all of our carbon clutches, is fully rebuildable. The flywheel can be resurfaced, while The pressure plate ring, both clutch discs, and the floater plate are replaceable.

CLICK HERE to Order Your Street Slayer Twin for $1595

The Street Slayer Twin Carbon is the next twin disc clutch in the Street Slayer lineup, rated at 750 LBS-FT to the tire! It has the same basic features as the Street Slayer Twin, as well as a few upgrades. This is a FULL carbon clutch featuring a FULL carbon floater plate, which eliminates the possibility of a warping associated with steel plates, and two FULL carbon discs. The Street Slayer Twin Carbon comes equipped with an aluminum pressure plate to lower the weight by 6 pounds. Other competitors only use organic facings with a heavier cast iron pressure plate. However, Our clutch is made from the finest aerospace carbon material available anywhere in the world. This is “real” carbon, which means it was designed to rub against itself. That is why every wear surface is covered in carbon. Don’t be fooled by any other clutch calling itself carbon, when the carbon discs rub against a steel flywheel, floater, or pressure plate. Other features include long life, fully rebuildable, great high RPM shifts, and most importantly a reasonable price. The Street Slayer Twin Carbon is almost the same clutch as our Street Slayer Twin Billet, but it comes with a considerably cheaper price. The only difference between the two is the Street Twin cover versus the Billet cover.

CLICK HERE to Order Your Street Slayer Twin Carbon for $2095

Next up in our twin disc line is the Street Slayer Twin Billet, which is great for any serious racer looking for better 60-ft times or lap times. This is the best value in full Carbon twin disc clutches on the market, ensuring that you get the most bang for your buck. This clutch uses our unique "Strapless" design with a new billet aluminum cover and pressure plate. Our design replaces the traditional three strap system used to locate the old cast iron pressure plate in a steel cover. Our new system not only makes for a much lighter clutch, but also a stronger clutch. The Street Slayer Twin Billet does not use a marcel spring in the outer disc. Light weight discs and super fast shifts are very important features of our Twin Billet line of clutches, which is why the marcel spring is not included. Even without the marcel spring, this clutch drives smoother on the street than just about any twin disc clutch. This particular clutch holds up to 800 lbs-ft of torque to the tire. The discs in our Billet series are the lightest discs that we offer. The Street Slayer Twin Billet designed to transfer all of the power from under the hood to the ground! The Street Slayer Twin Billet is also fully rebuildable.

CLICK HERE to Order Your Street Slayer Twin Billet for $2495

If you think the Twin Billet was badass, the you will love this one. Add another carbon disc and floater plate to the Street Slayer Twin Billet, and what do you have? A Street slayer Triple! The ultimate high performance FULL carbon clutch! This clutch is for any hardcore racer pushing 1000+ HP, then this is the clutch for you. It is the best full Carbon Triple Disc clutch on the market and is rated at 1200 lb-ft of torque! These clutches also use our unique "Strapless" design with a new billet aluminum cover and pressure plate, which replaces the traditional three strap system used to locate the old cast iron pressure plate in a steel cover, which makes for a significantly lighter and stronger clutch. This clutch does not use a marcel spring in the outer disc, because lighter weight discs and super fast shifts are a very important feature of our Street Slayer Triple. Also, since this is a Triple Disc clutch, we are able use smaller diameter discs than the Twin, which ensures the lowest possible inertia. Even without the marcel, this clutch drives smoother on the street than any other triple disc clutch. This clutch is great for the serious racer who is looking for better 60-ft times, as well as better lap times. All Street Slayer Carbon clutches use full carbon floater plates to eliminates the warping and bending associated with standard steel plates. This clutch was developed with longevity in mind and is fully rebuildable. The Street Slayer Triple can be special ordered with the capability of holding up to 1500 FT. LBS. to the tire!

CLICK HERE to Order Your Street Slayer Triple for $3395
Old 12-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro

*Please note that the following testimonials are quotes concerning Street Slayer Clutches that I have collected from different posts from our satisfied customers. Thanks for the support guys. We welcome any product reviews*

Bohnman Wrote About His Street Slayer Twin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohnman View Post
I just switched from a Monster III to a Hendrix Twin what an AMAZING clutch.
Scryfst Wrote About His Street Slayer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scryfst View Post
Nice that everyone, so far, has had one or the other. I've had the lvlII monster and the Street Slayer in a GTO. There is no contest, Street Slayer wins this comparison hands down! After owning the Hendricks unit I would never buy

anything else.... Except, his twin, of course!
Commandopat Wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandopat View Post
Addition:
There is no chatter at all, and I can't emphasize enough how smooth the engagement/disengagement is. It's a pricey clutch, but I would gladly spend the extra money on this than my previous Monster 5, and I was a pretty good advocate for the former!
Quote:
Wow. There is a day and night difference from before. The clutch is much smoother; in the sense that the disengagement and engagement is much smoother. I am taking it easy on her, which I did not do on the Monster 5 at the

end, but it is holding well. It does not chatter at all. The clutch pressure, fluid movement is day and night smoother than it was before. I am not sure entirely why, but it is. It is still much easier to shift, especially at lower RPM's and lower

speeds, it's awesome!
my first impression is great. Thus far: Great clutch, with great DD possibilities!
Quote:
I wasn't aware it didn't need a break in! Awesome! The clutch is awesome!! It's a must to drive, and if you are tired of a heavier clutch which is really GRABBY, you should try this out!
Deanoncold wrote about his Street Slayer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoscold View Post
Cant say enough about Thomas and His superior performance products! Just finished the street slayer clutch install, and all I can say is DAMN! This clutch is night and day far better than the stocker our cars come with! Hes

been as has always and has had great care for his customers and has alway been available to answer any questions! Thanks again Thomas!
AND
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoscold View Post
its the street slayer. No chatter whats so ever. It does bite more than stock yes, but pedal pressure is almost the same, maybe slightly stiffer. Cant go wrong!!!!
Ironmancan Wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmancan View Post
Pretty solid piece and I'm impressed with the obvious engineering that went into it.
the Street Slayer has 3 plates and friction material on both the pressure plate and flywheel for a total of 8 sides of friction material.
Camaross305 Wrote About His Street Slayer Twin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaross305 View Post
Awesome clutch. Have the same one. Held 630rwhp to the wheels so far.
Schufflerbot Wrote About His Street Slayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by schufflerbot View Post
absolutely LOVE my hendrix street slayer.

the thing grabs like a SOB.

it's also lasted for nearly 25K so far without issue... and that's not cruising, easy driving - that's stop n go houston tra ffic for ~80 miles every day.

i'll be going with the twin setup after this one dies.
CamaroAl Wrote about His Street Slayer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroAl View Post
Just put a Hendrix street slayer in our GTO and love it, Put about 100 miles on it so far and its nice and quite no chatter at all.

I have put a lot of clutches in GTO’s/Camaro’s and this will be the one I will recommend to all.

Thanks again Thomas for a great piece
Old 12-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
good job, sorry i,m going auto..good luck and i,ll pass the word...

Closed Thread