Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #533
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
I've seen this thread before................
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #534
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
So don't preorder and stop bitching. Simple solution. I'd bet that they have enough preorders from people that are actually serious that they're not worried about keeping an internet forum happy with constant updates. There is life outside of Camaro5.com, believe it or not.

Obviously. Nobody puts an aftermarket FI setup on a car and expects to keep the factory warranty. But the fact that you can get a powertrain warranty on the car at all with an aftermarket setup like this is awesome.
You have no clue what goes on. maybe if you stick around longer you will learn....

and from a business view there is never enough orders.
and yes they are worried about keeping this forum updated, otherwise they would have never paid money (sponsor) to post the information in the first place.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #535
BigJake707
Resident Cynic

Drives: "Shakira" 2010 Camaro 1LT V6
Didn't I read a post a while back that said all the timing equipment, tree and the like were padlocked up as the track was not even open? Whatever... The reasoning for me coming out of hiding again is to point out to the naysayers that unlike (insert FI shop name here) this company showed us that the r/d money is there by actually developing the kit, they took it out to sema, promoted it there, locked up a partnership with the company that will offer the powertrain warranty... And on top of that have provided videographic evidence that it's producing v8 level power. Do we know if it's raceable? Not so much. What we do know is that theres no reason they can't release it now unless they are hiding some fatal flaw with the kit. Everything that we know so far from what they have shown us, is that this kit is at minimum, streetable for the average enthusiast who is looking for extra power via FI.

Did I also mention aspirations of CARB approval....I'm sold. Starting my boost fund already.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
BigJake707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #536
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake707 View Post
Didn't I read a post a while back that said all the timing equipment, tree and the like were padlocked up as the track was not even open? Whatever... The reasoning for me coming out of hiding again is to point out to the naysayers that unlike (insert FI shop name here) this company showed us that the r/d money is there by actually developing the kit, they took it out to sema, promoted it there, locked up a partnership with the company that will offer the powertrain warranty... And on top of that have provided videographic evidence that it's producing v8 level power. Do we know if it's raceable? Not so much. What we do know is that theres no reason they can't release it now unless they are hiding some fatal flaw with the kit. Everything that we know so far from what they have shown us, is that this kit is at minimum, streetable for the average enthusiast who is looking for extra power via FI.

Did I also mention aspirations of CARB approval....I'm sold. Starting my boost fund already.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Sorry... this really proves nothing other than their car can get down the track under it's own power... We have no idea what really happened at the start of that V6 vs V8 race! Did the V6 leave early? Did the V8 leave late? Did the V8 blow it's launch? I've seen my fair share of SSs run 14s...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #537
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
The truth of the matter is they didn't post numbers yet and they've had enough time to do so. But they are definitly stacked with preorders for sure. They are getting 400rwhp and they are offering a warranty.
I've talked with them before and they seem like top notch guys so I am still impressed. I'm guessing the numbers at the track weren't what they expected but I wouldn't say it's a dealbreaker at the same time
The kit does perform what it advertises. As for beating an SS I'm not sure but it can definitly stick with one
If someone wants more power and a warranty. This set up is ideal. If you want to smack some SSs or other v8s, not sure (as of now) that this is your best bet

And no need to get frustrated here guys
John wants numbers, just like we all do. He isn't here to screw anyone over. IPF did say we were going to get numbers but we never did.

And I think it's safe to say we all know that SS had a bad launch an caught up towards the end
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #538
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #539
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
So don't preorder and stop bitching. Simple solution. I'd bet that they have enough preorders from people that are actually serious that they're not worried about keeping an internet forum happy with constant updates. There is life outside of Camaro5.com, believe it or not.

Obviously. Nobody puts an aftermarket FI setup on a car and expects to keep the factory warranty. But the fact that you can get a powertrain warranty on the car at all with an aftermarket setup like this is awesome.
+1..... If your not in the market, why do you care? Bitch about getting FI for a couple of years, and now its here, and we bitch about getting it. Doesn't make a ton of sense.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #540
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
+1..... If your not in the market, why do you care? Bitch about getting FI for a couple of years, and now its here, and we bitch about getting it. Doesn't make a ton of sense.
I'm guessing people who spend $6,000 on a SC kit want to go faster than the bolt-on guys...
Old 12-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #541
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I'm guessing people who spend $6,000 on a SC kit want to go faster than the bolt-on guys...
I would guess that too, but I've seen nothing saying they wouldn't. Everyone is all bent out of shape over a gopro video... Ya, it didn't show it spanking the SS, but it didnt show it losing either... Either way, and I know I'm gonna get chewed on for this... That kinda money, why didn't you buy an SS? Bitch all you want, common sense has to kick in sometime. Christ, it isn't like I've dumped a ton of money in my car, but everytime i do, I know it was poor planning from day one.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #542
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
I would guess that too, but I've seen nothing saying they wouldn't. Everyone is all bent out of shape over a gopro video... Ya, it didn't show it spanking the SS, but it didnt show it losing either... Either way, and I know I'm gonna get chewed on for this... That kinda money, why didn't you buy an SS? Bitch all you want, common sense has to kick in sometime. Christ, it isn't like I've dumped a ton of money in my car, but everytime i do, I know it was poor planning from day one.
In my book boosting a LLT is cheaper than getting a SS and modding it to 400-435rwhp. Like the LLT's are doing with the SC or Turbo kit's. Plus we retain good MPG. I had the money for the SS. But after spectating on the sidelines for months before I bought mine. I realized being unique and saving from buying a 2LT or SS would be awesome. Look at me now, alil under a year my car is one of a kind and about to be boosted. Everyone has they own image of what they want and what they can afford. BUT THAT's JUST ME...I DON't TALK MUCH I ACT!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #543
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
So do you want to put money down that the car they've been showing runs slower than a bolt-on V6? I'll take that bet.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #544
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
So do you want to put money down that the car they've been showing runs slower than a bolt-on V6? I'll take that bet.
problem is it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell from THIS VIDEO... that's the whole point... people saying this video proves their V6 beat an SS... This video PROVES NOTHING, other than:

1) The V6 jumped
or
2) The V8 was sleeping
or
3) The V8 spun like an SOB
or
4) ALL OF THE ABOVE

Without a time slip there is no way to know what kind of factor the reaction time of the drivers were... what kind of trap speed to get a feel for the actually power... or even a 60' to tell what kind of traction...

The video was nothing but smoke and mirrors... just like the AAC and the Lingenfelter video... neither provided any concrete performance data... just glitz...
Old 12-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #545
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I say lets just all wait and see since IPF did say that more video was coming. One thing they definitely achieved here is that they gotten everyones attention. So I'm sure something will come out of this. Lets just pray that it doesnt end up like some of the other kits, but I dont think this one will to be honest. Just not certain if the numbers will match up yet though.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #546
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
In my book boosting a LLT is cheaper than getting a SS and modding it to 400-435rwhp. Like the LLT's are doing with the SC or Turbo kit's. Plus we retain good MPG. I had the money for the SS. But after spectating on the sidelines for months before I bought mine. I realized being unique and saving from buying a 2LT or SS would be awesome. Look at me now, alil under a year my car is one of a kind and about to be boosted. Everyone has they own image of what they want and what they can afford. BUT THAT's JUST ME...I DON't TALK MUCH I ACT!!!
and dont forget insurance.... before I bought my v6 I got a quote from insurance for V6 and ss guess what? its almost double the money. I pay now 700 for 6 month of full coverage. for ss they quoted me 1100