Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #253
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Actually our LEOs do a great job here but they don't sit on our house (Thank Goodness).
I don't think they have ever taken more than 10 minutes to arrive on a non-emergency.

Who wouldn't install cameras if they can afford them? People all over have baby monitors, nanny cameras, dashboard cams, etc. Most can be set to record motion only during certain times. It's not terribly invasive.
What if someone claims they tripped on your sidewalk and you have video that they stumbled on the curb?
I have to believe you could file a suit against a public place if something happened to you on their property and they didn't have cameras.

I use a hardware device and compatible switches to automatically control some lights and send some notifications. It is really nice when someone walks into the laundry room and the lights come on. I consider it as much of a safety issue as convenience.
Wouldn't you like a text if there was motion in your garage when no one was supposed to be home?

Honestly, the alarm system was purchased by my employer so that I can learn how it works and interfaces with our device. It's still not connected to all entry points but I have enough to test with. I'm not that concerned and I probably would have never spent the money myself. But the thought of integrating fire and carbon monoxide detectors is appealing.
Anyone can afford cameras that is driving a new vehicle. But most people don't see it as 200-500$ well spent
Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #254
iamacamaroguy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Blk/Blk. Base Model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo13 View Post
Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Find out who did it and do it to their car.
Revenge is for the weak.
iamacamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #255
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
If that had happened to my car, I'm pretty sure I would instantly burst into flames.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #256
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamacamaroguy View Post
Revenge is for the weak.
And the unarmed!
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #257
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
any idea why this happened? enemies? just curious!
crazy people?
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #258

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
any idea why this happened? enemies? just curious!
crazy people?
I wonder why no one asked this before in the previous 260+ posts?
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #259
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
You pissed someone off for them to go out there way to do this...

But I have to agree on taking it to a Chevrolet dealership for them to fix it. Sorry this had to happen to you but I would seriously look into calling your insurance and taking it to a local dealer to have them fix the issues.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 01-28-2012 at 10:07 PM.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #260
GatorUSMC

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
I call I work for a lawyer and there is NO WAY the cops wouldn't arrest someone if they had as much evidence as you claim-- the video and all. Cops can arrest someone based on what you have. Now whether a jury will convict that person-- that's another story, and you have the burden of proof. But given how much evidence you have... an arrest should have already been made.

The only specific thing he mentioned was a video that only captured height, body type and gender.

I'm not sure what "lots of evidence is" but what's posted isn't even reasonable suspicion much less PC.
GatorUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #261
Teamspeed
Invisicord Products

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
You pissed someone off for them to go out there way to do this...

But I have to agree on taking it to a Chevrolet dealership for them to fix it. Sorry this had to happen to you but I would seriously look into calling your insurance and taking it to a local dealer to have them fix the issues.
Why do you think this? There are more and more stories of people vandalizing possessions simply because they think it is cool, or if they take a video it will go viral, or the oldest reason of all, jealousy. This behaviour is sweeping around the globe and will only get worse. There is no reasoning behind alot of action these days, other than "I want to, I like it".
Teamspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #262
Falkon
Lets Ride

Drives: victory red with black racing strip
So who did it a Ex, a mustang driver or an Ex who drive a Mustang
Falkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #263
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
newcamaro2300, allow me to answer your question.

Whatever you do, DO NOT take it back to the body shop! They may be great people and do good work but they do NOT know how to achieve perfection when it comes to car detailing.

You have 2 options: Do the paint correction yourself. It can be done but it will take some time and effort and a little money to learn the techniques and buy the materials (all available online.) OR

You can take it to a professional car detailing place for the correction. That will cost more. But they know what you are looking for and can deliver.

If you decide to do it yourself, there are many on this forum, including myself who can help you through it.

Let us know what you decide and don't forget to take before-and-after pics for us to see.

GOOD LUCK!

Ron
Old 01-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #264
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
So then i guess its cool to F thier sh%t up too, since the police in your area dont care about private property, and video shots dont mean anything.

What city do you live in???
Yea, go ahead and spray up the police department or marked units.

There are restrictions based on what evidence is can be presented in a criminal case. Video evidence is not enough to TAKE AWAY SOMEONE'S FREEDOM! if it does not match other circumstancial evidence. Unless he has a text message or gives an oral confession to law enforcement, the grainy quality videos many home owners have is NOT admissible in court. In fact, our case law in some states does not allow residential security footage in ANY criminal case because the quality is not up to par with what the supreme court considers concrete evidence... but I am sure you already knew that.

So your statement "video shots don't mean anything" isn't far from the truth, but keep livin the dream buddy. I hope your 15th post is as riveting as the 14th.

Don't be ridiculous, many of you really need to do a little research on what (even a suspect's) rights we would be violating if we took someone based on THAT type of evidence.

Height, Weight, Hair and skin color... are not enough to arrest someone. Without a witness or admittal, it won't go far in any trial or investigation. Casey Anthony says hi.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #265
Etherij

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Yea, go ahead and spray up the police department or marked units.

There are restrictions based on what evidence is can be presented in a criminal case. Video evidence is not enough to TAKE AWAY SOMEONE'S FREEDOM! if it does not match other circumstancial evidence. Unless he has a text message or gives an oral confession to law enforcement, the grainy quality videos many home owners have is NOT admissible in court. In fact, our case law in some states does not allow residential security footage in ANY criminal case because the quality is not up to par with what the supreme court considers concrete evidence... but I am sure you already knew that.

So your statement "video shots don't mean anything" isn't far from the truth, but keep livin the dream buddy. I hope your 15th post is as riveting as the 14th.

Don't be ridiculous, many of you really need to do a little research on what (even a suspect's) rights we would be violating if we took someone based on THAT type of evidence.

Height, Weight, Hair and skin color... are not enough to arrest someone. Without a witness or admittal, it won't go far in any trial or investigation. Casey Anthony says hi.
Flowmaster AMT
Etherij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #266
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcamaro2300 View Post
To update on what happened: I got my baby back yesterday after being in the body shop for 3 weeks. It looked beautiful and you could tell anything had happened except for little paint marks in various obscure tiny nooks and crannys. I was quite relieved.

Today, however, I decided to wash the car. After drying it I had the great displeasure of now seeing pretty severe spiderwebs/holograms all of it. It looked awful!

Now I am trying to decide what to do. Whether to look into a reputable professional detailer and pay them to fix it and take the hit, or bring it back to the body shop and take a risk on them actually fixing it or just making it worse.

This whole incident has almost brought a grown man to tears.
First off, I have the benefit of coming to this thread late. From that perspective it's easy to see the inconsistencies, unanswered questions, and all the things about this thread that range from "hard to believe" to "don't make sense." So let's just say I'm skeptical about a lot of things. And I mean no offense - I'm sure if you go back and re-read the thread, you'll see there are a lot of questions asked by people that just have not been answered.

But, assuming the story is true, exactly what did the body shop do? Did they strip the paint right off to the primer? Did they try to only buff off the house paint and leave as much of the factory paint as possible? Do you have any pictures of what it looked like when the paint was stripped? What does the repair bill say the work involved? How much did it cost?

It's also hard to believe that you didn't notice the imperfections at the body shop - you only noticed them after washing the car? So you're saying that when you picked up the car at the body shop, it was not sparkling clean? How is that possible?

As far as having the imperfections fixed by a detailer versus a body shop - a detailer can only clean up the car. If there are serious paint imperfections, about all a detailer could do would be to use a heavy cut abrasive polish and remove some clearcoat. It's hard to tell from your description, but it sounds like you need more than a detailer.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote