Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #435
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
I thought about the challenger, but too costly(was supposed to match stang's price?). Too many stangs running around here(plain style). Camaro's retro '69 design sold me. 370's sweet, but too beetle-like. GTR & vettes too expensive.
All in all, I can truly say I'm happy now..way to go GM
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #436
btf331

Drives: new:2014 BLK 2SS/RS, NPP, Short Thr
Send a message via AIM to btf331 Send a message via Skype™ to btf331
The back seat is for insurance purposes.
btf331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #437
HCCamaroGrl

Drives: 2000 Mustang (don't hate!)
I got a chance to hang out in the new Camaro for a little bit... Didn't get to drive it though, since its in the showroom. My only complaint would be the blind spots and the windshield- You don't get a ton of visibility when you're inside the car. Not like you can't get used to that, but I'd hate to damage the car while adjusting LOL

P.S. The car is at Classic Chevrolet in Altamonte Springs- we're having a launch party May 8th from 5p-8p. Bring all your friends!!
HCCamaroGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #438
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post

i remember 1 time me and my friend were getting dropped off by this girl...its like 7am we were shot as hell all wrecked from the night and my friend...(we were in the backseat, the girl dropped off her friend first and we just didnt feel like jumping in the front) so anyway, my friend reaches up and moves the front seat up in a 4 door car and tries getting out the front passenger door...i was so out of it i just sat there watching him not realizing what was going on then it finally clicked what he was doing wrong...man that was funny
That was a great story.

I started crying it was so funny.

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #439
TBM

Drives: '01 Z71, '10 Camaro SS
Well, to be balanced. My cousin just sat in one and had the opposite response. Keep in mind we've been driving heavy machinery(dozers, tractors, combines, cotton pickers, back hoe, bob-trucks) since childhood and don't get the opportunity to drive cars like this one very often.

Essentially what he told me was the new camaro is as close to a street legal NASCAR as we've seen in our lifetime. He fell in love with it. The only reason he checked one out is because a dealer close to him has one and I sent him over to make sure my opinions and research were correct. Now he wants one. He said it's a tight fit, very much a race car feel to it. And to respond to a poster above, that was another thing my cousin told me. If you roll it over, you're not coming out, the windows are too tight to let you fly out. Not that I'll have that problem.

Anyway, to each his own. Countin' the days 'til mine gets here.

Last edited by TBM; 04-29-2009 at 10:52 AM.
TBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #440
nine1wing

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Well in one of your previous post you talk about a fully loaded 2SS for 38k, does that not asume the upgraded interior option?? Again to me when equipt with the Inferno orange interior, personaly I think the Camaro has the best interior out of the Big 3 muscle cars. I will take the ABL on the doors of the camaro over the ABL in the cup holder of the Mustang any day.
Also I am not a chevy fanboy, I do give credit where credit is due.

P.S. If you have not notice, when fully optioned, like the camaro the Mustang GT is $38,000 ASWELL!!!!!
no, its $34,000, with the track pack here in grand rapids michigan, and yes its fully loaded, hated the new pics of the 2010 mustang, but after seeing it in person, I have to say its a pretty slick looking car, has a sleek look to it, itss starting to grow on me
nine1wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #441
Beau Tie

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2007 Camry
Send a message via AIM to Beau Tie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine1wing View Post
no, its $34,000, with the track pack here in grand rapids michigan, and yes its fully loaded, hated the new pics of the 2010 mustang, but after seeing it in person, I have to say its a pretty slick looking car, has a sleek look to it, itss starting to grow on me
Using 53532 as the zip code, a full loady Mustang GT came to $40,770 at ford.com when I just did it.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #442
Phenix

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
What is with all the complaints about hard plastic? It's the same complaints for my 350z... I personally don't drive around squeezing my dash. If it looks good I'm happy. The only complaints I would have on my 350z is the amber ambient lighting looks a little old fashioned and there is rubberized black paint on the door armrests and the radio- the places you touch the most, so of course it wears off very fast and it's already an eyesore on my 3 year old car. I haven't sat in a Camaro, but based on the pictures I've seen, it doesn't look like I'll have to worry about either of those issues, so it looks like I'll be happy.
Phenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #443
Beau Tie

Some people that own the new Camaro here have posted that the dash is soft when you squeeze it, like the Malibu. And then some people come in and say that the "IP" (instrument panel) is hard plastic.

So, is the DASHBOARD soft to the squeeze, and the IP hard plastic? Or is it all hard plastic? Or is it all soft?

So many conflicting stories.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #444
nine1wing

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau Tie View Post
Using 53532 as the zip code, a full loady Mustang GT came to $40,770 at ford.com when I just did it.
Borgman Ford, on 28th street, they have 1 dark blue one, its on the edge of the city so it might be grandville, don't know the zip for that, I could take a pic after I hit the gym today if you want, their right next to each other, just had to add, that zip code isn't for grand rapids, try 49508
nine1wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #445
Beau Tie

No pic needed. I just wanted to see what it priced out for my area.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #446
airflowdevelop

Drives: yugo...and boy is she nice
I hate to add fuel to the fire....but maybe this will help someone at GM.

The interior was the deciding factor for me... and it was enough of a turn off that I did not buy the car. I don't really mind the plastic as much as how it was used... I hope that the dash design will age quickly and get a tuneup in design. The rest of the interior is better in design...but not a home run by any means.

the challenger interior build quality seems better...but the design is disgusting at best!
airflowdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #447
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airflowdevelop View Post
I hate to add fuel to the fire....but maybe this will help someone at GM.

The interior was the deciding factor for me... and it was enough of a turn off that I did not buy the car. I don't really mind the plastic as much as how it was used... I hope that the dash design will age quickly and get a tuneup in design. The rest of the interior is better in design...but not a home run by any means.

the challenger interior build quality seems better...but the design is disgusting at best!
COMPLETELY disagree. I am in love with the Camaro's interior. Gorgeous.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #448
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBM View Post
Essentially what he told me was the new camaro is as close to a street legal NASCAR as we've seen in our lifetime. He fell in love with it. The only reason he checked one out is because a dealer close to him has one and I sent him over to make sure my opinions and research were correct. Now he wants one. He said it's a tight fit, very much a race car feel to it. And to respond to a poster above, that was another thing my cousin told me. If you roll it over, you're not coming out, the windows are too tight to let you fly out. Not that I'll have that problem.
I've had the same feeling in the TWO Camaros I've sat in, its pretty cool, actually.