Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #71
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
[QUOTE=CamaroSpike23;421792]driver mod driver mod driver mod...... badger badger badger

its not just hooking, its also hooking, then releasing, then hooking, then releasing, then hooking, /QUOTE]

mushROOOM mushROOOOM

THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP like my GTO yesterday trying to squirt through a light in the rain.

Did the LS3/L99 section just become my personal playground? I think it did.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #72
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
driver mod driver mod driver mod...... badger badger badger

its not just hooking, its also hooking, then releasing, then hooking, then releasing, then hooking,

mushROOOM mushROOOOM

THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP like my GTO yesterday trying to squirt through a light in the rain.

Did the LS3/L99 section just become my personal playground? I think it did.
here's you a playground....lol

and my kind of playground

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #73
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
driver mod driver mod driver mod...... badger badger badger

you cant have opinions. this is serious business!

its not just hooking, its also hooking, then releasing, then hooking, then releasing, then hooking,

Body in White with required suspension, engine, trans, rear, wheels, cage, etc.

and a 2ss with CAI and exhaust.

exactly and he'd probably have $ left over lol

no nitrous either lol. since the first one is just for the track, squeeze out 900HP on muscle
Old 04-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #74
whiteycg

Drives: http://www.dilusiauto.com
I've just been reading through this forum and I'm very impressed. I've just created a muscle car forum and I'm trying to interest people. Its a great place to talk about both the old camaros and the new camaros.. We also have a place for track times and racing. Check it out, we'd love new members so we can start enjoying company! http://www.dilusiauto.com
whiteycg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #75
dankss
Contract Killer

Drives: 2010 black 1ss/rs
who wants to guess how old this kid is?

14? 16?
dankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #76
PJ

Drives: '10 RS/SS, '07 S281E
Everybody says their buddy has a 10 second car, but most every one of the are full of it.
IIRC, the legendary LS6 70 Chevelle was a 13 car, as was the COPO 427 Camaros.

So, really if you wanted to do it right, and money is not the issue, just have the pro's do it.
It will be a 100K car when finished. And you still might need to add NOS.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-packages/camaro-2010

http://www.smslimitedusa.com/vehicles.html

After a supercar package you still need to add real drag slicks, line locks, etc.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #77
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
i have owned 2 10 sec street cars, im talking about cars i could drive anywhere without issues, drive 100+ miles to the track, swap on a set of tires and run a mid 10sec 1/4 mile. (both were over 3300#) so the extra 700# in the 2010 camaro should not be an issue as the new engine i have is way more than i had in either of the other vehicles. i sold both to get a good downpayment and parts needed to run 10's in my new camaro

my 94 z28 had a 383 lt4 stroker with afr heads, 4l60e trans built by me, and a ford 9" with 3.70 gears, and 150 shot of gas and ran 10.70

my 1999 s-10 had a junkyard 6.0L with a set of new L92 heads($750 new for the pair right from gm) and a comp cam, carb intake, th350 2800 stall, ford 8.8 rear with 3.73's, and a 125hp sniper kit and ran 10.54 (this was also with only a 3" single exhaust system)

my 2010 camaro has these parts already waiting, LS3 415 stroker, cnc heads, comp cam(same one i had in the 6.0L s-10), 3200 converter, and long tube headers and x-pipe after i get it together and tuned ill look into a gas kit for it also just to make sure 10's are easily possible
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:07 AM   #78
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Everybody says their buddy has a 10 second car, but most every one of the are full of it.

So, really if you wanted to do it right, and money is not the issue, just have the pro's do it.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-packages/camaro-2010

http://www.smslimitedusa.com/vehicles.html

After a supercar package you still need to add real drag slicks, line locks, etc.
You're kidding, right? Getting into the 10s isn't all that hard these days. Certainly isn't a 100k project.

Stock C6Z+Drag Radials+Ranger Mod=10s out of the box.

You can pick up an 06 C6Z for 45k with less than 30k miles on it.

I know at least 12 <10.99 LSx cars alone. That doesn't include the my buddies' Pro Street cars, the multitude of Fox Bodies and Cobras, and the various other GM products. It all depends on the circles you travel in. Most of my friends are car guys, and I hang out with other GTOs and C5/C6 owners. High 120-low 130 trap speeds are good for 10s. For GTOs, thats around 520whp, depending on weight and conditions. For C5s, thats around 460-470whp. I know that because 2 of my friends did it back in 2003 on cleaned up AFRs and a big cam. 10.80 and 10.88. These were two different cars, two different drivers, but the same setup that, all told, probably cost 25k in mods, tuning, and labor. That's 25k including all the times things broke or minds were changed. On top of C5s that were about 40k at the time, you're looking at 65k total investment.

100k? Please. You can make 550whp safely on the stock bottom end without headers with a blower without running meth. ECS is selling their smallest Paxton kit for the LS3 Vettes for about 9k installed and tuned. Add another 3 grand in clutch, passenger side output shaft, 2 beat up 18s, and some ET Streets, and you're in the 10s. That's a 48k C6 Z51+12k in blower, drivetrain, and good rubber, and you're once again at 60k and in the 10s.

See all that above? It all translates into lots of aftermarket support for the Camaro. Unless they changed the PCM, people can literally take their Camaros, the day they turn 500 or 1000, or whatever break-in mileage they have, straight to any number of EFI shops, get a decent size cam thrown in with off the shelf cleaned up LS3 heads, grab those new 275/30/20 Nitto DRs (even though I hate the entire idea of a 20" drag radial) and go run 11s. Skip 12s completely.

Methinks you know little of what you're talking about. 100k. And then "NOS". Really?

Last edited by LSxJunkie; 04-30-2009 at 01:22 AM.
LSxJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:54 AM   #79
Camaro_Psycho

Drives: 1981 Chevy Celebrity
Quote:

Methinks you know little of what you're talking about. 100k. And then "NOS". Really?

HAHAHHA Thats the best pic ever!
Camaro_Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #80
Phenix

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE

You would only need a little bit more power with the Camaro

/thread
Phenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #81
PJ

Drives: '10 RS/SS, '07 S281E
Quote:
You're kidding, right? Getting into the 10s isn't all that hard these days. Certainly isn't a 100k project.

Stock C6Z+Drag Radials+Ranger Mod=10s out of the box.

You can pick up an 06 C6Z for 45k with less than 30k miles on it.

I know at least 12 <10.99 LSx cars alone. That doesn't include the my buddies' Pro Street cars, the multitude of Fox Bodies and Cobras, and the various other GM products. It all depends on the circles you travel in. Most of my friends are car guys, and I hang out with other GTOs and C5/C6 owners. High 120-low 130 trap speeds are good for 10s. For GTOs, thats around 520whp, depending on weight and conditions. For C5s, thats around 460-470whp. I know that because 2 of my friends did it back in 2003 on cleaned up AFRs and a big cam. 10.80 and 10.88. These were two different cars, two different drivers, but the same setup that, all told, probably cost 25k in mods, tuning, and labor. That's 25k including all the times things broke or minds were changed. On top of C5s that were about 40k at the time, you're looking at 65k total investment.

100k? Please. You can make 550whp safely on the stock bottom end without headers with a blower without running meth. ECS is selling their smallest Paxton kit for the LS3 Vettes for about 9k installed and tuned. Add another 3 grand in clutch, passenger side output shaft, 2 beat up 18s, and some ET Streets, and you're in the 10s. That's a 48k C6 Z51+12k in blower, drivetrain, and good rubber, and you're once again at 60k and in the 10s.

See all that above? It all translates into lots of aftermarket support for the Camaro. Unless they changed the PCM, people can literally take their Camaros, the day they turn 500 or 1000, or whatever break-in mileage they have, straight to any number of EFI shops, get a decent size cam thrown in with off the shelf cleaned up LS3 heads, grab those new 275/30/20 Nitto DRs (even though I hate the entire idea of a 20" drag radial) and go run 11s. Skip 12s completely.

Methinks you don't read very well. Go back and try again, dude.

He is talking about modding his new Camaro, not a C6 or GTO or whatever. I realize you can buy/build a used 10sec Mustang/C5/C6,etc (or whatever) for cheap. I did not say it takes 6 figs to be in the 10's.

If money is not an object (as the OP originally stated), my sugestion was "just have the pros do it" (then I added links to a couple of supercar companies) Yes, those cars on the link are a near 6 figure car.

BTW, the red hat looks totally bitchin' on you.

Last edited by PJ; 04-30-2009 at 08:55 PM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #82
cam10

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
And God Bless him for it ! He earns my respect and appreciation !
as a matter of fact thats not all that uncommon. I know two people personally both whom have inherited mass ammounts of money like that and both of whom have joined the military 1. a green beret and the other went army infantry.
cam10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #83
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derkontheforum View Post
I want a really fast car that i can take to the track and beat some mustangs and then drive home

money is not a factor Im gonna inherit a couple million from my grandparents

I plan on letting pros do it even though Im nearly capable of doing it myself

I want to supercharge it I dont know what supercharger thought i havent checked

I know Im throwing away my warrant and Vin Diesel is not my inspiration to do this
This could get you in the ballpark, and LG is good stuff.http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20935
Old 05-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #84
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post

100K? Dude, WTF are you smokin? Just because a ZR1 costs over 100K and barely hits 10s doesn't mean it will cost that to make any car do 10s.

My 68 was bone stock except headers and a 750 Holley. With slicks it turned 12.19.

Pump up an LS7 or throw in a LS9 change the rear gears and you will get sub 11s.

It can be done a lot cheaper. Since you're right about one thing, I also have a friend with an old school 396 in a Nova doing mid 10s. Carberated no less, imagine that. No Lingenfelter or any other overpriced parts, just good old ingenuity and know how.