Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
justin2fast4u

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
looking for tires

i am talking to discount tire about getting some new tires...i would prefer to go with something all-season like general gmax which most people on here have suggested

but the guy at discount tire is trying to talk me into getting Nitto tires mainly because they are not directional and he says it would help a lot being able to rotate left to right

the general gmax say 45000 mile warranty and the nitto's have no milage warranty

would it help that much to have tires i could rotate left to right or should i go with the general g-max which are directional
justin2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
NO, it won't help very much at all, if any.....I believe he is just PUSHING the Nitto's, Get the G-Max's.....yes I am one of the people that have them and I LOVE them.

and since you have an RS, which means your runnijng 20's, this also means that for you to be able to rotate yoyur tires at all, you will be needing to either buy another set of STOCK REAR wheels so you are running the same size tires front and back (which a LOT of us are doing, me included) OR you will be buying a complete set of new custom wheels with all of them the same size.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
Did you buy your tires from Tire Rack?

Do you have any issues with the rear wheel/tire size in the front as far as fitment?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacfanatic66 View Post
Did you buy your tires from Tire Rack?

Do you have any issues with the rear wheel/tire size in the front as far as fitment?
There have been NO issues running the rears on the front.....there are a couple of big threads about that very subject.....and there are a few members that have been running that combo for a couble of YEARS already.

I actually got my tires at "THE OTHER PLACE" as the price was within $3 each of Tire Racks price, AND I was having the new tires mounted on all 4 of my new CHROMED OEM REARS, so it was a "one stop shopping" thing for me....I had ordered the wheels and it took my DT dealer 2 days to have the tires at his store, when they all arrived, I drove in.....and 1 1/2 hrs later I drove out with my new wheels/tires installed and I was set!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
HIOFECR

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
I just bought 2 new General G-MAX Tires from Tire Rack last week, I got them lightning fast and I'm REAL impressed with them. I highly recommend them

SQUEEZE THROTTLE. FEEL GROUND RUMBLE
HIOFECR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
justin2fast4u

how exactly does tire rack work? i went on there and picked tires and then it has me put in my address like they will deliver to my house...what if i want them delierved to a place that will install them ect...and do they add a charge for that?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
edgehead2000
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T

Drives: Nemesis
If you plan on getting the tires put on at a shop, see if they will price match first. I know Discount Tire will match Tire Rack and perhaps Onlinetires.com.
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
justin2fast4u

got them ordered today at discount tire....will be there in approx a week...went with the general gmax and ran me 1000 but thats with everything included...installation...certificates for replacement...ect...i think thats the best i could do for price/quality