Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #71
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
For those of you HATING on this.. GIVE IT A CHANCE. Lets see what it looks like first. JEEZE!!!!
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #72
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Im pretty sure I'm gonna throw up when I see how much these head units will cost to buy from GM.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #73
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin320 View Post
I drove my car home, and every time I looked down at that horrible POS head unit, all I wanted to do was bash it with a hammer. Haven't even made the first payment on it yet, and driving it home today, I felt nothing but regret. I'm so pissed right now it isn't even funny.
Sorry I gotta do it...........
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #74
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
I test drove a '13 Malibu the other day. The Mylink was really intuitive and most importantly, simple, responsive, and easy to use. Chevy is aiming to make the touchscreen simple to use while driving, like regular buttons. Having pretty icons isn't the main concern. I think it looks just fine the way it is, and the "big ugly icons" make it way easier to find everything. My biggest gripe about Ford's system is how hard it is to figure everything out and how slow it is, even if it does look a little more attractive.

As long as you're on the radio station presets menu, the system looks fine. I don't know what's so unattractive about it..?
It looks like Windows 95 that is what is so unattractive about it....
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #75
Im_Fly_Like_A_V6

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
This thread proves that no matter what you do you can not please everyone.

Also, why don't we have glass break sensors on our cars? Seems that it should be included for free if GM wants the Camaro to be a class leader.

How about Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Departure and Forward Collision Alert? So many things we're just not getting on our cars.

Pre-paid maintenance? We're not getting that either!

Traverse is getting a center airbag, so we should have that too, right?

Oh, and please make it cheaper, lighter while increasing the horsepower! That's about it I think....
Here here *raises glass* GM listen to this guy! I want all of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuah57 View Post
I'm thing the same. An alternative to the Alpine, etc. kits perhaps???
Yup! As contradicing as this might sound. I want to try to keep my mods as factory stock looking as possible
Im_Fly_Like_A_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #76
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
Mylink has no nav only turn by turn,,,, upgrade is basically redundant

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #77
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Not taking shots, just stating the facts. I didn't mention anyone's name.
Obviously some people don't like the truth.

Also, people shouldnt have to swap out 90's era graphics for more modern ones for a system that will likely cost a pretty penny to get. And where will the average person get these better graphics. I do graphics for a living so I can make my own, but what about everyone else? And how many will be able to FTP into the system to replace them if they could? Very few. It's one thing to replace system graphics because it's something you like to do. It's an entirely different thing if it's something you have to do or using it as a non issue bullet point. And the graphics are just the first main issue. The entire system doesn't look to be competitive at all and just the bare minimum.

Look, I like Chevy. Was the first brand car I ever owned. I love my camaro.
But it's not perfect. So I feel like its my duty as a customer to let Chevy know where I think they are screwing up and not doing enough as well as the things I think they are doing great. You guys get your panties all in a bunch when someone points out something negative, but we do just that because we care.
Because we want Chevy to be the best it can be. Not half ass. Not just good enough. But the best. You can't be the best without customer feedback, good and bad. And if you only listen to the good compliments, you will never know what you are doing wrong. IMO you guys are doing a disservice by always trying to shut down anyone who isn't saying only nice things about GM or Chevy.
agreed

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707

B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
Old 03-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #78
kannon

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptianSam View Post
Mylink has no nav only turn by turn,,,, upgrade is basically redundant
The press release disagrees with you.

" The color touch radio, with a 7-inch touch screen, also can be paired with an available in-dash GPS navigation system – a first for the Camaro."

kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #79
CaptianSam
Car Garage

I really hope I'm wrong, I know a few trucks in my fleet have mylink but no navigation. Buhp...

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555

B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
Old 03-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #80
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
This thread proves that no matter what you do you can not please everyone.

Also, why don't we have glass break sensors on our cars? Seems that it should be included for free if GM wants the Camaro to be a class leader.

How about Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Departure and Forward Collision Alert? So many things we're just not getting on our cars.

Pre-paid maintenance? We're not getting that either!

Traverse is getting a center airbag, so we should have that too, right?

Oh, and please make it cheaper, lighter while increasing the horsepower! That's about it I think....
No you can't please everyone.
It's funny how you only ever hear that phrase when a lot of people aren't happy.
You never hear that when people talk about the camaro exterior or horse power or just generally kickin ass. Because those are three things that everyone agrees are good. what do you consistently keep hearing though. The interior. No good infotainment system.
Sure you can't make everyone happy, but you can make the majority of people happy and it's really not that hard.

Your argument would be better if every example you listed wasn't a safety feature. I mean who doesn't want to be safer. Hell yeah I want all that stuff u listed. And over time I expect it to be cheaper and eventually a standard feature. The reason no one is complaining about the lack of that stuff is most of it is very new and expensive and only found on more expensive cars than the camaro. It's understandable.
A touch screen radio is neither of those things and u can get one on just about every car out except for maybe the cheapest pos u can buy. And pretty soon even those will have it. Take a look at the dodge dart. While its not the absolute cheapest, it's infotainment system makes the MyLink look like a joke. It's actually more in line with the caddy CUE system.
I know, I know, the camaro has so much more going for it though. Which is very true. Sexy looks and plenty of power.

But why can't it have this too.
No one is asking for a hand out dude, this is after all a product that we all paid for. we are practically begging Chevy to take more money from us, but they refuse to give us what we are asking for. It's like being turned down by a prostitute and the whole time ur waving hundred dollar bills.

Lol.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #81
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
It looks like Windows 95 that is what is so unattractive about it....
Name:  windows.png
Views: 820
Size:  21.2 KB
Name:  mylink.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  267.7 KB

... I don't see the resemblance.
And I certainly would rather use Mylink than this mess, even if it is less 'pretty'.
Name:  myford touch.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  31.7 KB
Old 03-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #82
cb2011rs

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin320 View Post
I drove my car home, and every time I looked down at that horrible POS head unit, all I wanted to do was bash it with a hammer. Haven't even made the first payment on it yet, and driving it home today, I felt nothing but regret. I'm so pissed right now it isn't even funny.
Why not just get another head unit ???? I find it hard to believe that this would bother you that much . When I bought my car I bought it for style , not the radio ....
cb2011rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #83
cb2011rs

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID12691 View Post
Not a fan. Im going to sound twice my age here but I like the current radio setup. It's not perfect but I like it over a touch screen in a Camaro. I dont even like the new wheel or speedo/tac. I am a huge fan of the "retro" feel.
I'm with you . I think this head unit is fine , but that's just me . I have bluetooth , USB and XM . That's pretty much all I need anyway . I am totally fine with the current setup but I'm 49 ....
cb2011rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #84
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
needs weather updates...

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote