Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #29
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
What I don't understand is why do the majority of people think its ok to damage some ones car because they don't like the way someone parked. Like people act like bad parking is the worst thing anyone could ever do. it's so horrible, he took two spots. So f'in what.
Anyone who would really key someone's car over how they parked must have a shitty life that they need to seek vengeance for such a horrible crime against humanity.
But his car wasn't damaged was it? Someone tagged his car with a funny card. I have seen Maserati's, Porsche's, Aston Martin's and high end Audi, BMW, Mercedes all manage to fit just fine into a single parking space. What makes a Camaro require two spaces? Other people living in the dorm have every right to park there just as the OP does. Why should he get two spaces? If you live in an apartment or condo and you have the option to purchase two side-by-side parking spaces and want to park like an ass-hat diagonally across both spaces, by all means have at it. But in public places without reserved spaces there's no need to park like that. You're just going to attract unwanted attention.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #30
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Whats up with the gun are you going to shoot the person with the cards
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #31
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
What I don't understand is why do the majority of people think its ok to damage some ones car because they don't like the way someone parked. Like people act like bad parking is the worst thing anyone could ever do. it's so horrible, he took two spots. So f'in what.
Anyone who would really key someone's car over how they parked must have a shitty life that they need to seek vengeance for such a horrible crime against humanity.
I can only speak for myself, but I think this is true for most everyone here...

It's not right to key ANY car.

What I keep saying though...is that leaving a car in two spots makes it more likely that someone WILL damage your car. Doesn't make it right...but it is more risky to park it that way. You're drawing attention to yourself by parking like a douchebag. And yes, I believe that people that park in 2/4 spots are douchebags. I'm not going to key their car though.

Someone else will though...because some people are a-holes enough to do that.

So the question is...is it worth taking up multiple spots when it increases the chance of getting your car damaged?? To me, it's not.

If your car gets damaged for something like that...while I'll sympathize, if it turns out you were taking up multiple spots...I have far less sympathy for you because you tempted fate in a douchebaggish way.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #32
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
"So I parked in two parking spots. . ."

"People can not park on campus. . . "

8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #33
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
yea. You kinda were asking for it
+1
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #34
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
One other thing I'd like to say.

I've had times where few spots were open, and the one that was open had someone that was over the line. I might have been able to fit by parking over a line myself...but I ALWAYS move on to another parking spot. No need to perpetuate the bad parking by doing it yourself, in my opinion.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #35
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
My suggestion is not parking close if you can't manage to squeeze into one spot. I also strongly recommend not being "that guy" by taking up two parking spots. I fully understand a person taking up two parking spots at a home depot or mall etc. if the parking lot is empty, wide open and you park far away, I have done it before more out of being lazy than trying to think my car is untouchable. Even if that is the case I try not to do so because you are just asking for someone to ENVY you or place a card or note. our cars attract enough attention, don't attract the bad kind. JUST MY OPINION. I always live by the RISK / REWARD theory, and stay away from the Risk if it involves something with a bad outcome.

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #36
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantconvertible View Post
Whats up with the gun are you going to shoot the person with the cards
THIS.

LOL, but seriously, don't bring that to confront the person.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #37
Mister-Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS L99
Keying the card would be a little too much.
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #38
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
One other thing I'd like to say.

I've had times where few spots were open, and the one that was open had someone that was over the line. I might have been able to fit by parking over a line myself...but I ALWAYS move on to another parking spot. No need to perpetuate the bad parking by doing it yourself, in my opinion.
this
Old 04-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #39
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Completely agree. Nothing gives you the right to destroy somebody elses property. I don't care how bad they park.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #40
M Miller69

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
This. It's the same thing as a girl being "kinda" pregnant.
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #41
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
"are you happy with that park?"

eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #42
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )