Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #29
jdcvictory11
Sonja

Drives: '11 LT/RS, '95 Camaro Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Once in a while, I'll take myself to the movies... just go by myself. Sometimes, I'll enter a theater and find only one or two others in there.

I always thought it would funny to walk into one of those barely- occupied theaters, and go sit myself down right next to the only other person in there. I mean, why not?
I've never done, it, and never would (because, for certain, I don't like sitting NEXT to any strangers, and they might not leave!), but it would be funny...

Maybe that's the same somewhat warped sense of humor the drivers of the POSs are trying to exhibit... !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDRAMA View Post
Haha, I like your sense of humor, reminds me of my own lol. That would be funny
Ha ha, I have done this. Sat next to the only other person in the theater just long enough for him to get uncomfortable and then I moved. I laughed even though I don't think he found it funny.
jdcvictory11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #30
Chiefish

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
Just write down the plate of who parked next to you. (if you were parked very far away.)

ALWAYS write down a license plate of anyone who does something suspicious. Just in case something bad happens, at least you have information to give the police.

What if somoene is hiding in their car waiting for you so they can shoot you or steal your car.

You might consider calling the cops if you park very far away and someone "parks" right next to you. The cops may find out that the person has a warrant for their arrest.

It would be hilarious if their act of aggression backfired, and they get arrested.
Thats a good thought , but around here the cops would most likly laugh at you and then give you some kind of a ticket. For wasting police time or somthing.
Chiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #31
scooter9909

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
That's why I always park far away and ALWAYS angle into 2 spots ;-)
Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #32
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcvictory11 View Post
Ha ha, I have done this. Sat next to the only other person in the theater just long enough for him to get uncomfortable and then I moved. I laughed even though I don't think he found it funny.
Now THAT is funny stuff, I don't care who you are! I am laughing, right out loud, as I sit at the desk I am supposed to be working at, knowing that somebody did it! That is great, JDCVictory11!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #33
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I used to just stand there and wait for them to come out...
Old 04-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #34
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
...Just write down the plate of who parked next to you. (if you were parked very far away.)

ALWAYS write down a license plate of anyone who does something suspicious. Just in case something bad happens, at least you have information to give the police...
When I park, and have any inkling that the car (or, horrors, cars, plural!) next to me might be prone to taking some of my paint with them when they open a door, or pull out... or, if it's next to a 'stang, who's driver will obviously be jealous of my superior- in- every- way ride and might key the Camaro, I snap a picture of the car, getting the plate in the shot. To observers, it just looks like I'm vainly taking a picture of my own car--- and, really, you can't have too many of those anyway, so why not--- but I'm just making sure that IF I return to find the Blue Book value of my car has decreased while parked there, I've already got a hot lead on where to find the culprit.

Doesn't happen often, so I don't feel utterly psychotic on the rare occasions that I do it... but it does give me peace of mind while I'm at Pizza Hut or The Palace...
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #35
spectre_

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcvictory11 View Post

I remember you. I was uncomfortable because I just farted before you sat down...
spectre_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #36
Chiefish

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
LOL
Chiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #37
SS_Matt
permagrin

Drives: 2012 LS3 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter9909 View Post
That's why I always park far away and ALWAYS angle into 2 spots ;-)
Taking up 2 spots is just asking for trouble. And I mean with vandalism.
Sorry, but no one likes "that guy" who does that.

Never done it. Never will.

I do strategically pick my spot everywhere I go. In the 6 months I've had my car I've only parked next to another car on purpose once... just to see how it made me feel. I felt rushed to get in the store and out, almost had a bit of anxiety over it. Haven't done it again, since.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #38
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Once in a while, I'll take myself to the movies... just go by myself. Sometimes, I'll enter a theater and find only one or two others in there.
I always thought it would funny to walk into one of those barely- occupied theaters, and go sit myself down right next to the only other person in there. I mean, why not?
That happened to me once. He then began a conversation with me.

Hand crept slowly to pepper spray and stayed there as I maintained friendly but short replies. But there were no problems.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #39
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
You know them people who SIT and Talk out loud to themselves! Well I like to sit down next to them and start up a conversation with myself. EVERYTIME I have done this they get up and leave MAD as hell STARE AT ME LIKE I"m CRAZY LOL

HAPPY FRIDAY
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #40
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Phantom of the Opera
That explains the half-mask he was wearing.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #41
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
That's life. Not everyone has common sense.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #42
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
My favorite trick is to find the furthest-most handicap spot and park next to it w/ my wheels almost on the line. There are tons of handicap spots so nobody is going to park in the one furthest away, and then even if the people that park next to you park on the line as well, they are still well away from your car. If I must park in a normal spot, I park diagonally in the spot so that the front of my car is near one line, and the back is near the line on the other side, and anyone pulling in straight isn't going to be close enough to dent my door. Or sometimes I just take up 2 spots if there are lots of them. I only had one complaint at a pancake house. The owner was pissed that I was taking up a spot that could be used for another customer and asked me to move it. I looked outside and the lot was nearly empt, and I was the furthest away possible. I said if I go move my car you better cancel my order because I'm not coming back in. He insisted, so I said well now you lost a real customer. Hopefully your theoretical customer brings a friend to make up for it. And I left.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote