Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 04-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
TreasureCoastCamaro
CRUISN1

Drives: 2010 LT/RS
Wanting to add Silver Metallic Stripes

I want to add silver metallic stripes to highlight my RS. I do not want to paint them on, (the dicision is made) What I'm in search of is a highly recommended shop to due the work and with materials. I live in central florida (Sebastian), can anybody offer a place of business? Thanks!

2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 6 Speed, RX Catch Can w/ Breather, CAI, DRL Harness, V-LEDS, 4 Gauge Cluster, Painted Calipers, RS Emroidered Headrest. Build #05410
TreasureCoastCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Do a LOT of research on the material your going to use. I've had silver metallic vinyl on 2 previous camaros, both ending in the same disaster. (The first sat outside, the second garaged.) The silver became "spotted" and uneven, this may or may not happen on all metallic vinyl, but it was particularly noticeable in the silver...( my second camaro had the 35 anniversary black/silver checkered stripes) the black portion held up well, however the silver did not. Im very anal about keeping my cars clean, so it was always washed and waxed very regularly. I even used special vinyl cleaners/protectants for the stripes. In addition, I noticed the "metallic" coming off the silver stripes as i tried removing the sun spots, etc...

Just my personal experiences though. May have been bad material, etc??? Good thing about vinyl is it can be removed/redone a lot easier/cheaper than paint, if you do run into problems.

Also- installing the stripes are EASY... soapy water, squeegee and hair dryer/heat gun and about 2 hours and your good! Only about 30 min away if you ever need any help!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
TreasureCoastCamaro
CRUISN1

Drives: 2010 LT/RS
Thanks for the reply! I'm currently in Afghanistan, 73 days to go! I have a lot of time to research this project. As of today, I'm leaning towards white hood spears & rear panel spears, going to purchase them from Big Worm in TX and do the work myself. Can't wait to get back in Florida as I retire from the Army on 1 August. I will be a member of the Treasure Coast Camaro5 Club. I follow your club thread daily, thanks for the advice. See you soon... in person!

2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 6 Speed, RX Catch Can w/ Breather, CAI, DRL Harness, V-LEDS, 4 Gauge Cluster, Painted Calipers, RS Emroidered Headrest. Build #05410
TreasureCoastCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote