Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #71
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
I'd agree with the highlighted portions....logically. And as always I'll graciously disagree ......with any portion that infers its an officer of the law's job, to form a opinion based on his feelings.....let alone act on them by issuing a material citation. Otherwise........you'd just be stopping folks in hopes of finding some you determine are liars in the group from which you choose ticketing. Fact is the stop was already made.....I'd assume using equipment that doesn't use human feelings or personal interpretations of statute in its application to determine, cause. If not, wouldn't using your logic exclude the premise that even lairs have emergencies and illnessess in the family, wouldn't they deserve a break?.....But its all good......
I work nights, way too early for me to respond to this...

But I will say, I believe in discretion... I believe in officer should decipher what he believes to be truth or an attempt to avoid punishment, but I do not fault a cop for issuing regardless of circumstance if it meets statutory requirements. I don't write tickets anymore and I love it... I hated ruining decent people's days to appease an administration. But... As heartless as it may sound, regardless what we feel, OP could contribute nothing to his mother in law being in the hospital other than moral support for his wife.

As for equipment, I am not a supporter..at all! They are clearly established with the foundation of profit with safety as a distant second... statutes to approve red light cameras is the first step, speed is coming.

..and OP, relax about the details section. That is nothing more than the cop offering details for HIMSELF when it goes to court he can refer back to that sentence to recall the case. He has already forgotten about you, and will need that refresher.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #72

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I work nights, way too early for me to respond to this...

But I will say, I believe in discretion... I believe in officer should decipher what he believes to be truth or an attempt to avoid punishment, but I do not fault a cop for issuing regardless of circumstance if it meets statutory requirements. I don't write tickets anymore and I love it... I hated ruining decent people's days to appease an administration. But... As heartless as it may sound, regardless what we feel, OP could contribute nothing to his mother in law being in the hospital other than moral support for his wife.

..and OP, relax about the details section. That is nothing more than the cop offering details for HIMSELF when it goes to court he can refer back to that sentence to recall the case. He has already forgotten about you, and will need that refresher.
Not to be heartless, but the flashers/family emergency thing may back-fire on the op....Using these as a reason for speeding, might a judge not ask,
"Well, if you were really concerned, why weren't you going over 100MPH and honking the horn as well?"
Old 04-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #73
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
[QUOTE=brantley847;4862488[B]]I work nights, way too early for me to respond to this...[/B]

Been there.... ain't it the truth....
Old 04-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #74
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
It is state by state basis.. no lo here gets you no points, no class.

Case workers for civil attorneys are also "paralegal"...point?

OP, sorry for citation but they hear every excuse in the book. I think in his situation if it was your immediate family, I would cut a break. Anyone else, probably not. 18 over in relatively busy traffic flow, is pretty fast. 18 over at 2 in the morning is something completely different. There is your discretion.. to complain about a human beings discretion is ridiculous. With the next 15-20 years, there will be no more officers patrolling the highways. You will be monitored by a traffic camera with speed enforcement capabilities, and you will get a ticket for doing 10 over. (trust me, I am not stoked about this either.. the open highway at 2am is my fun spot It is already happening in Europe, and I can tell you with our connections at the Florida-DOT, it will be coming to the US. There will be no discretion. The red light cameras were the first step and now they are finally starting to uphold in court. People fight in court against the cameras saying "they wish they had an officer with discretion". It is just a roll of the dice, man...

Fact is a judge who is by the book won't waver on this, but should get you out of the points and no class. Contact an traffic attorney in your area and he will set you straight...
No need to be rude. I have noticed you seem to get hyper-defensive when anything involving an LEO is mentioned on here-- I don't think ANYONE here was trying to insult you personally, bro.

Anyway, IBTL.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 04-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #75

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
No need to be rude. I have noticed you seem to get hyper-defensive when anything involving an LEO is mentioned on here-- I don't think ANYONE here was trying to insult you personally, bro.

Anyway, IBTL.

IBTL...??? Really?...I haven't seen any LEO bashing here at all....

No need to call for it to be locked because "BowtieBelle doesn't like the discussion about her posts"...lol
Old 04-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #76
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:

Anyway, IBTL.

I wasn't rude at all. I have said nothing disrespectful, what often annoys me is people giving false information when someone comes here asking for help. The statement you made is no different than someone asking for advice on emissions testing and you saying because your headers didn't pass in your state.. it won't in his.

No lo pleas are state by state... You made a claim based on your paralegal experience in your state only (probably even confined to a tri-county area) and used it as a factual blanket statement for his case. Something to the extent of "No lo ....It doesn't help you at all". When people provide others with false information, that is where I get defensive. I may have a career bias, but when someone is polite, respectful and asks for help in resolving a stressful situation I have always tried to help. Now, if they bash the cop or are disrespectful... absolutely I give it back. However, it has been months and months since I have been in one of those threads. The judicial process has nothing to do with how I feel about LEO. If I was defensive about LEO, I would have said the cop was right and he should pay the full fine, points, and not fight it. I said the opposite. I encourage him to contest....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Not to be heartless, but the flashers/family emergency thing may back-fire on the op....Using these as a reason for speeding, might a judge not ask,
"Well, if you were really concerned, why weren't you going over 100MPH and honking the horn as well?"
It shouldn't. Cops and the media take utilization of flashers out of proportion. OP had no ill intent by using them. Cops that get their pantis in a tangle over that mess is just foolish... unless that cop issued him a citation for THAT statute/violation (if his state has one) it shouldn't have any bearing on the judge's ruling as there is no statutory conditional for utilization of flashers while speeding. He just may not get it dismissed. I would have written the same thing as a memory refresher... but you could also be completely right yourself. Just my opinion...
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #77
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:

No need to call for it to be locked because "BowtieBelle doesn't like the discussion about her posts"...lol
OK.

IBTL= "I bet this lasts" or "In Before the Lock" -- not a call for it to be locked. But people are getting angry in here, thus my comment.

Quote:
I wasn't rude at all. I have said nothing disrespectful, what often annoys me is people giving false information when someone comes here asking for help. The statement you made is no different than someone asking for advice on emissions testing and you saying because your headers didn't pass in your state.. it won't in his.

No lo pleas are state by state... You made a claim based on your paralegal experience in your state only (probably even confined to a tri-county area) and used it as a factual blanket statement for his case. Something to the extent of "No lo ....It doesn't help you at all". When people provide others with false information, that is where I get defensive. ...
Not a tri-county area; actually a tri-state area (Oklahoma, Missouri and Arkansas) I'll leave the rest of it alone.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #78
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Not a tri-county area; actually a tri-state area (Oklahoma, Missouri and Arkansas) I'll leave the rest of it alone.
You travel and attend all three states for traffic cases?!? How do you make the 9am hearing in Oky and get back to Arky for the 3pm hearing!?

You knew what I meant.....

I didn't realize I was dealing with a firm with this level of experience. I do apologize for my previous statements.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #79
mth35115

Drives: 2010 Camaro rs/ss inferno orange
I have had the same woman in her BMW pass me, on the way to work in the morning, almost daily with her flashers on. I guess she has alot of emergencys, like not getting up in time to be to work on time.

HOT ROD SS
MTH35115
Old 04-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #80
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
If you could get away with speeding with a good excuse and utilization of flashers guess what would happen? If it really was a valid reason it will be dismissed, but you can't fault the cop for writing a ticket.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #81
Thyshallsmite

Drives: 2011 Grand sport c6 corvette
do deferred adjudication it won't show up on record.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #82
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
You travel and attend all three states for traffic cases?!? How do you make the 9am hearing in Oky and get back to Arky for the 3pm hearing!?

You knew what I meant.....

I didn't realize I was dealing with a firm with this level of experience. I do apologize for my previous statements.
Yeah, all kinds of cases, mostly car wrecks. All three states. This is why I have 25k on my Camaro after less than a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mth35115 View Post
I have had the same woman in her BMW pass me, on the way to work in the morning, almost daily with her flashers on. I guess she has alot of emergencys, like not getting up in time to be to work on time.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #83
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyshallsmite View Post
do deferred adjudication it won't show up on record.
deferred is also handled differently state by state... in Florida it is referred to as withheld and it removes your points so insurance cannot see it. Cops will see it for 5-7 years.

I guess there are no cops or paralegals from Alabama ITT.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #84
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:

Closed Thread