Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #29
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
so all the export camaro will not be the same like the US Camaro version?

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #30
AieaboyHI

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT RS
Powered by Kim Chee.
AieaboyHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #31
SpectroBR

Drives: Renault Duster 1.5 dCi 4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
so all the export camaro will not be the same like the US Camaro version?
I know the Brazilian version is exactly the same as US, but non-RS only. Brazilian law states that cars which have HID lamps should have auto-leveling and washing headlights. Curious, since it also states amber turn signals are mandatory, but there is a paragraph that says if the car fulfills all requirements from the country of origin, then it's good to go. I wonder if they couldn't use that to get away with the HID... Anyway, no goofy side mirrors.
SpectroBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:52 AM   #32
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRS View Post
Im Currently IN south Korea.. ive only seen 3 Camaros... and they were ALL from AMERICAN MILITARY people.. Ive not seen 1 Export camaro here.. .. and all the Koreans I work with say they arent sold here..
wondering how crazy expensive in south korea, im from indonesia and they sell the camaro for US$200k.

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
Old 04-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #33
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroBR View Post
I know the Brazilian version is exactly the same as US, but non-RS only. Brazilian law states that cars which have HID lamps should have auto-leveling and washing headlights. Curious, since it also states amber turn signals are mandatory, but there is a paragraph that says if the car fulfills all requirements from the country of origin, then it's good to go. I wonder if they couldn't use that to get away with the HID... Anyway, no goofy side mirrors.
wow that's a weird law auto leveling like those bimmer (bmw) headlights?

My Build Thread
Old 04-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #34
SpectroBR

Drives: Renault Duster 1.5 dCi 4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
wow that's a weird law auto leveling like those bimmer (bmw) headlights?
Yup. The problem is that people were running rampant installing HID lamps in older vehicles and in common headlights. The law intented to make aftermarket installations very costly for cars that hadn't already come with factory HID. Maybe GM could try and clear their HID leadlights, but that could take some extra time and they propably didn't want to risk sales (the first 500 batch was sold almost instantly, and at close to US$ 150,000 each, that's a significant ammount).
SpectroBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #35
RetPig

Drives: 2012 1LT RS, Inferno Orange Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRS View Post
Im Currently IN south Korea.. ive only seen 3 Camaros... and they were ALL from AMERICAN MILITARY people.. Ive not seen 1 Export camaro here.. .. and all the Koreans I work with say they arent sold here..
You've only seen 3 because your not looking in the right place! You have to look UP. Didn't you see the previous post? They FLY!
RetPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #36
jtmiller92

Drives: 2011 1SS Camaro
Kind of off Topic but when I was stationed in Pusan Korea back in 1999-2000 I saw a White Iroc Camaro in town driven by a Korean. It definately stood out from all the Hyundai's on the road. Seeing something like that in Korea is like seeing a Bugatti in the states. Its pretty rare.