Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #29
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Ok here she is:

Name:  Camaro Front.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  103.7 KB
Name:  Camaro.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  155.7 KB

And here's a picture of the worst car I've ever owned

Name:  04 GTO.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  133.7 KB

And a shot of the BEST car I've owned...my 650 HP monster that I had to let go.

Name:  Cobra.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  183.7 KB

I know they are all kinda "meh" shots but I am a bit cautious about license plates and all that...plus I take alot of pictures at the same location.

So as you can see, the V6 is quite a change from what I'm used to. But hey...it's the weekend. I have been working ridiculous hours lately so even though the car is a couple months old, I will try to take it out for its first joy ride!
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
You can call BS all you want, I have no reason to make it up, and neither does he. I got my premium pack GT, with 3.73s, HIDs, and security package for 30,400 when the sticker on the car was 36k. By the way, dealer cost on a 2SS with no options is $34,445, minus hold back of $1,118 makes that car pretty cheap ($33,327). He also has a USAA discount. Like I said, 37k for a 45th 2SS. When I was shopping for a car, I could have got a 2SS for about $31k after all the incentives.

If you got a 5.0 for that, the dealer must have been desperate...they are going for $32k + on the used market with 10k miles or so. Not saying a $6k discount couldn't happen, but I've never seen it. Of course, it was the same thing when I bought my Cobra. Everybody seemed to say they got theirs for $15k when we all know a good mileage, good condition one pushes $20k + even in today's market.

I can definitely say if you had the opportunity for a 2SS at $31k, that would be the best deal I've ever seen and I've seen some crazy things. With negotiation like that, you could probably get a $54k Vette for $40k.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #31
montyhp

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Red Jewel w/Beige
I may be biased, but the Camaro is BY FAR the best looking of the 3.
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #32
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Nice choice (but I'm a bit prejudice). Get her a good cold air intake & exhaust when you can, and run high octane gas in her. That will perk her up. Enjoy that permagrin maker & se ya around the forum.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #33
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Welcome. Maybe consider twin turbos.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #34
SpectroBR

Drives: Renault Duster 1.5 dCi 4WD
Just out of curiosity, why didnt you like the GTO?
SpectroBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #35
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroBR View Post
Just out of curiosity, why didnt you like the GTO?
Well, I bought the GTO last year. It had about 60k on the clock. In the first month, I had to replace the brake pads and brake rotors. After that, I had to replace the automatic transmission valvebody.

It drank gas like NO OTHER car I've ever seen...I seriously believe my friends SRT-10 Ram crew cab gets better mileage. And on premium gas, no less. Also, the car didn't run nearly as hard as I thought it would...probably due to weight. And there wasn't one part on that car that was cheap. Every repair bill was

On the plus side, the interior was nice and there was TONS of space...but I never did get all that excited about driving with 15 gallons of premium unleaded basically placed in the back seat...that's an usettling feeling.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #36
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyhp View Post
I may be biased, but the Camaro is BY FAR the best looking of the 3.

I agree with this.

Unfortunately, it's also the slowest of the three.

So it's definitly taking some getting used to.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #37
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 6 View Post

If you got a 5.0 for that, the dealer must have been desperate...they are going for $32k + on the used market with 10k miles or so. Not saying a $6k discount couldn't happen, but I've never seen it. Of course, it was the same thing when I bought my Cobra. Everybody seemed to say they got theirs for $15k when we all know a good mileage, good condition one pushes $20k + even in today's market.

I can definitely say if you had the opportunity for a 2SS at $31k, that would be the best deal I've ever seen and I've seen some crazy things. With negotiation like that, you could probably get a $54k Vette for $40k.
Go to truecar.com and price it out yourself. My friend got a 2012 Brembo packaged base GT for 29k out the door. No trade, no money down. This was this February. And when I was buying my GT, I could have picked up a base C6 6 speed for $37,700 before TTL. Deals are out there to be had. By the way, you can get a 1LT GS for about 48k. It's not 40k, but it's 8k off. Like I said, truecar.com. It used to be called ZAG.com, but I think they use that as a dealer service now. I bought my car trough my AmEx card and I just printed out the AmEx price and took it in and got the price. Also got 2 years scheduled maintenance for free, 1 year XM for free, and a free leather recliner from Ashley Furniture lol Random thing to get, but hey, it was free.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #38
Sam I Am

Drives: 2011 Victory Red CV
I traded a 2002 Corvette in on my 2011 V6 and never looked back. Much more comfortable, costs less to insure and has about 100+ more horsepower than my 76 350 Camaro had.
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote