Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #29
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Don't have it. But next time I will pay more attention to the alignment and use the spec advice from here. I have been doing some reading since my last post and I am of the opinion now that my wheel hop problem may be due partially to alignment and partially by the rubbery stock outer trailing arm bushings. I might as well do those before I bother with the alignment.

While i am at it I will turn my attention to the front of the car to finish my suspension upgrade. I will do my research this time to figure out how to improve steering response.

I know lighter tires and wheels will help but i don't want to spend that much right now.

And I also will be looking for a tunnel brace with additional clearance so I can get rid of those washers. Is a Camaro ever really finished?

FYI the ZL1 uses the same rubber bush in the hub / knuckle. Get the alignment done first and see where you are before adding any more parts.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #30
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Followup. I finally put those Outer Trailing Arm bushings on.

Good results. Wheelhop gone. The car hooks much better. And the little bit of step-out is also gone. Straight as an arrow.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #31
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
FYI the ZL1 uses the same rubber bush in the hub / knuckle. Get the alignment done first and see where you are before adding any more parts.
Yes! But first one more part. (I have an addiction.) Radius Rod inserts. Then alignment. Then track. Then start over with a 1LE maybe.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #32
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Glad to hear that. Now go have some FUN!
Thanks for the fast service.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #33
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
It is definitely a good idea to do the outer trailing arm bushing along with the trailing arms. There is labor that overlaps and they make a pretty big difference as far as performance goes. If I read correctly, someone mentioned that an alignment isn't necessary...what are your thoughts?

Kyle
Yep, did a little more research and bought your outer TA bushings as well. Can't wait to get them installed and out to the 1/4 mile to test them out. Thanks for all the great advice.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #34
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Yep, did a little more research and bought your outer TA bushings as well. Can't wait to get them installed and out to the 1/4 mile to test them out. Thanks for all the great advice.
No problem, if there is anything I/BMR can do for you let us know.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote