Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #1835
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
I only said for boys to stay out of it 'cause she got plenty of male advice (as well as being hit on, not that it was a bad thing) in her other thread. But you always have nice things to say here, so I'll let it slide...
Thank you ma'am I try. On a another note, I have seen pictures of what some of you gals do to your cars and you do indeed have my respect. So just try to ignore ignorant comments about your cars V6 or V8 it's all good.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #1836
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
BOOOO! Who would say that?! I might have a v6, which makes it inferior to some, but I'm modded and my car sounds GREAT. So I dare them to call me inferior when I rev it up!! (And T-- your car would definitely make them think twice about "inferior" for sure!)
When I have someone say to me "well it's only a V-6" or something equally uninformed like that my reply is always the same, "Anywhere, anytime!" I have yet to have ANYONE take me up on that challenge.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #1837
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Sarah, Sarah, Sarah.....
Saw your thread about your BF driving your car...

What is it going to take for him to convince you that he's no good for you???
I know 6 years is a long time to be together, and you probably don't want to "give up", but this relationship isn't healthy, and you NEED to give up!! Do you have a fear of being "alone"??? You have a Master's degree, you're absolutely gorgeous, and you drive a Camaro - you will have guys flocking to you! Somewhere in that flock is Mr Right!
It just kills me to know that you are so wonderful, and this d-bag so blatantly disrespects you!
I know you don't have to listen to me, or anyone else for that matter, but please listen to your gut. Based on what you've written about him, and your relationship with him, I think your gut is already telling you to run for the hills....
If you want to talk in a less public forum, you can PM me, either here or on FB... Believe me, I have a lot of experience with losers... and I'm a good listener.
I know, I know. *sigh* I'm working on this, believe me. I don't like being alone, for sure, and he definitely has come in handy before. But I'm so ambivalent about the whole thing-- I just don't even care what he does anymore and I kinda wish he'd just go away. But since he won't, I'll have to be a bitch and tell him to skedaddle. He tried to ask for more time and apologize and say he'd make things right the other night and I just shook my head and walked away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
What she said. Based on your comments and my gut both from personal experience & professionally. Get while the getting is good if you know what is good for you. And yes, you have to make your own choices but.................Just sayin'. I'm always here if you want to chat also.
Thanks love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanddemon View Post
Okay I will stay out of it, but this kind of thing happens all the time. Since I've never had a bad experience my guess it takes strength from deep inside to say adios buddy and get the heck out of the relationship asap. I really believe you can't force a not so nice person to change. Okay I'm done.
It is really hard when you've established six years of comfort with someone. However... the grass on the other side, in this case, not only looks greener, but actually tastes better too, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post
I must say, I have to agree with you. If he isn't nice in the first place....NOTHING is going to change him.
And we shouldn't have to try to change each other anyway. Take me as I am or watch me as I go. I'm so tired of being lectured.

Quote:
I only said for boys to stay out of it 'cause she got plenty of male advice (as well as being hit on, not that it was a bad thing) in her other thread. But you always have nice things to say here, so I'll let it slide...
The hitting on was kinda nice, not gonna lie. Made me feel all special and stuff, I don't get that often.

Quote:
Thank you ma'am I try. On a another note, I have seen pictures of what some of you gals do to your cars and you do indeed have my respect. So just try to ignore ignorant comments about your cars V6 or V8 it's all good.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #1838
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
I post this in the PWA yesterday.......

"V6 and proud" guys only make these comments because they hate that we are independent strong women who can show them up in the garage and on the track with our car knowledge.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #1839
CarolinaChick

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
Quote:

Yer a good egg. We won't take what you say to heart - we know you mean no harm. (Guys can't help what oozes from their tiny little brain!) I KID! I KID!
CarolinaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #1840
ROBOSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaChick View Post
Yer a good egg. We won't take what you say to heart - we know you mean no harm. (Guys can't help what oozes from their tiny little brain!) I KID! I KID!
Santa may pass you by this year.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #1841
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
OK, I just had to share, ladies...

got my holy grail Louis Vuitton bag today. Been lusting after it for years.

Attached Images

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #1842
ROBOSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post

My wife will probably shoot me ,but... she just started this year to use a bag she got in Hawaii in 1987.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #1843
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:

Fancy!!!! Way to treat yourself right, girlfriend!!!

Now, if you had a really good man, he would have bought it for you years ago when you first wanted it... I really would rather my hubby spend money on other things, but he actually notices when I admire a bag, or shoes, or whatever, then surprises me with it! Go find you a guy like that! (and I don't mean a sugar daddy - it can take him a year of saving up for it - it's the noticing what you like and wanting you to have it part that's important....)
Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #1844
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Sarah I ditto on what Jeanette says - been in your shoes honey so if you need a shoulder or an ear, pm, k? You deserve better than he's cut out to provide you with.
Oh and here's something us ladies can appreciate - Last year when we did the Wiinthrop cruise I only got to window shop. We leave town at 10 am (when the shops all open). I fineggled our tour leader into giving us an hour to shop in the morning before we left town. Winthrop is a great little cowboy theme town, and last year I spied some cool purses in shop windows so I was on a mission to find a new purse and FOUND IT! I had to ask the shop lady to take it outside into the sunlight to be sure it was blue, (sort of like IBM) but finally, I found a purse that complements my Camaro! Buttery soft real leather and just the right shade of blue.
Next year it's shoe shopping so all you PNW ladies best join us!
Quote:

Cool bags ladies!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #1845
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Ok, I'm not trying to start something here, but I am just curious to see if I am weird or something. Does it bug any of you other C5 ladies when some of the guys make comments that indicate there is something inferior about a "girl's car?" Makes me want to slap 'em!
OMG!!! I want punch men when they ask me if it is my husband's car! I always refer to the SS GIRL license plate. That would indicate a GIRL owns this car! DUH!!!

Quote:
Lucky you, or we'd have to ban you from the Ladies Lounge....
Seriously, with so many ladies on the forums, some with cars that could whup a$$ over most of the guys' cars, you would think that the sexist comments would stop... It's not just the "Camaro is a chick's car" type of threads, either - there are a ton of posts about women being bad drivers, too. That one really gets me. in my 20+ years of driving, I've been in ONE wreck, and that one was me getting rear-ended by a man... Somebody always bring up statistics, but the comments continue. It just gets really old...
Well said!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppy2SS View Post
I agree! It's not just here on C5, it's society in general. The one that really gets me is when they assume that ALL women are bad drivers. I have also only had one accident that clearly wasn't my fault. But just a couple of weeks ago I had to drive my Camaro like a stunt car driver to AVOID an accident! Why do we get credited for things like that?
I love when I got rear ended in my 2002 Camaro by a guy in a Mustang.. He tried to blame it on me. Saying I over braked! WTF?? Well he got the ticket and I didn't!

Quote:
Back! Had a great time on our road trip with SteveDallas on the 3rd annual Winthrop WA Cruise

Hi there! Welcome to C5 and the ladies lounge - must post pics!!

Oh, had a great overnighter on the cruise, 6 Camaros on day 1 and 5 on day 2. Winthrop is a cowboy theme town, old west kind of place. We had a great Cinco de Mayo dinner at an old-timey Mexican Cantina - drove on some cool mountain roads, visited 2 hydroelectric dams, ran into a cattle drive and were welcomed to the Colville Indian Reservation by a wonderful Grandfather and Grandmother with Bud on dry ice. It was awesome!

It's always win-win for me. If I win, hey they got beat by a girl. If I lose, well you were racing a girl in a 6 cyl - woooo wooo for you, picking on girls big car bully.

Okie dokie! I'm sick of pink so how about powder blue?

Now, I know you ladies will appreciate cute puppy pictures so here we go - I posed Turbo with some of the great Cowboy theme stuff in Winthrop. Time to go "AWWWWWWW"
SO CUTE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
wanna race????

Let's ROLL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
BOOOO! Who would say that?! I might have a v6, which makes it inferior to some, but I'm modded and my car sounds GREAT. So I dare them to call me inferior when I rev it up!! (And T-- your car would definitely make them think twice about "inferior" for sure!)
Doesn't matter if you drive a V6 or a SS... Car is bomb anyway you look at it!

Quote:
Sarah I ditto on what Jeanette says - been in your shoes honey so if you need a shoulder or an ear, pm, k? You deserve better than he's cut out to provide you with.
Oh and here's something us ladies can appreciate - Last year when we did the Wiinthrop cruise I only got to window shop. We leave town at 10 am (when the shops all open). I fineggled our tour leader into giving us an hour to shop in the morning before we left town. Winthrop is a great little cowboy theme town, and last year I spied some cool purses in shop windows so I was on a mission to find a new purse and FOUND IT! I had to ask the shop lady to take it outside into the sunlight to be sure it was blue, (sort of like IBM) but finally, I found a purse that complements my Camaro! Buttery soft real leather and just the right shade of blue.
Next year it's shoe shopping so all you PNW ladies best join us!
NICE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
When I have someone say to me "well it's only a V-6" or something equally uninformed like that my reply is always the same, "Anywhere, anytime!" I have yet to have ANYONE take me up on that challenge.
Cause they know you'll whip their butts!!!

Quote:

OMG!! In LOVE!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #1846
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Here's a picture of hubby's new paint job on his Harley and my Betty!!
Attached Images

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #1847
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Sweet Harley!

And some sweet bags too! Thanks for sharing ladies!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #1848
ROBOSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGirl View Post
Here's a picture of hubby's new paint job on his Harley and my Betty!!
Well you're stuck with one another no matter what, you've got matching vehicles.