Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #71
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The worst part of this entire problem is that NW can't even speak for himself. Excuse the language but that's cowardly bullshit. How can you make a product, know in some applications it has failed, and then not give at least a "hey, guys, I'm sorry, I know something is wrong, here's my plan to correct it". Thomas, we appreciate your help and your ability to shed some light on this but the fact remains we still have no idea what the plan is. Any if someone says he's to busy or something to that effect go stab yourself in the eye. That's another lame ass excuse. It's called quality control, damage control, or whatever you want to call it. Successful businesses do it. The NW was awesome, had great driveability. I'd love to be able to use one, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. I'll stick with what Ted has done for mine.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #72
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
The worst part of this entire problem is that NW can't even speak for himself. Excuse the language but that's cowardly bullshit. How can you make a product, know in some applications it has failed, and then not give at least a "hey, guys, I'm sorry, I know something is wrong, here's my plan to correct it". Thomas, we appreciate your help and your ability to shed some light on this but the fact remains we still have no idea what the plan is. Any if someone says he's to busy or something to that effect go stab yourself in the eye. That's another lame ass excuse. It's called quality control, damage control, or whatever you want to call it. Successful businesses do it. The NW was awesome, had great driveability. I'd love to be able to use one, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. I'll stick with what Ted has done for mine.
how do you really feel...
Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #73
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
how do you really feel...
At this point I could care less. Ted made right by me. He gave me full credit on the NW to put toward the new one. But if he didn't I'd have a $600 paper weight! To me it seems that because it's such a small percentage that had a problem that it wasn't a priority. Yes, it appears that a fix had been in the works for some time but no news no updates and no progress. When there's a problem with an axle or driveshaft frank is the first guy to make it right. I just expected most vendors do that. No one was saying anything so I figured I would. I know some guys were thinking the same thing.

On another note. Shoot me the pm to your build please. I tried to find it earlier and couldn't. Thanks Mikey!!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #74
mikepage0007

haven,t updated lately..http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hp?t=195970... check the video on the power rear seat.lol..the body is naked up on lift, sent rear back to gforce for some spline upgrades and installed triple hat fuel pump this week...complete drivetrain is out and if all goes well , next week will reinstall the engine and 4l80...and have all the nos and larger fuel lines run..
Old 05-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #75
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
I have never had the c5 style shut on me and ive made 1100rwhp on boost alone sucking air through one. That same car wouldt make over 900rwhp without sucking the new style shut.

Is the fix going to be that airfoil in the air path?
From what I understood SDPC was the only mw dealer for NW. Surely they didn't order 600 of them.

I wouldn't downplay the issue and say a "few". Most people don't talk about it. That doesnt mean it's not a big problem.
It seems as you know alot more than me,ill stay out of the thread,sorry for my mis information
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #76
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I understand your frustration but i think thats a lil unfair.You dont see Nick on here at all,he doesnt sell the TBS to anyone but dealers for the most part,in other words he is not on here promoting his TB and asking you to put it on your Hi hp fi car.Nick made the 102 for the new 102 fast intake,if FAST would have not come out with the 102 intake you would not see the 102 at all.We are using these TBs in a application that it was not desighened for and again,its the sensitivety in the pcm,the TB works fine with aftermarket computers at 2000hp!
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #77
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
It seems as you know alot more than me,ill stay out of the thread,sorry for my mis information
Thomas, I don't think anyone wants you to stay out of the thread. I for one do not. You seem to have a direct pipeline to NW and a possible fix. I look forward for the results of your upcoming test. Remember, your dealing with a lot of frustrated people and you kind of threw yourself in the mix as a spokesperson for NW.
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #78
mikepage0007

tommy,s not going anywhere, if nw has a fix or new info he will let us know...i can,t say that the nw does not work yet on my car as we have not fired it up...for all i know she will purr like a kitten, and run wot with no issues...cross my fingers..but did not want to wait till last minute to find solutuions if it closes ...everyone is throwin in there 2 cents..only issue i have with tommy,s post is , did nw tell his vendor that these tb,s are only to be used with the fast intake, has he made any statement to his sellers that there is issues with using on fi motors, is there a notice in tb box that nor recomends them for fi motors.adm-janetty-whipple- just to name a few has known these issues . whipple has been trying to work with nw on a 115 tb but till this issue resolved they are not doing nw tb,s per mike @ whipple..
Old 05-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #79
OrangeChevyII

Drives: 2010 RS/SS2
NW102 for the 5th gen is junk. He should refund 150% of people's money back who has ran that crap and learned the hard way. The consumers time is worth money, especially when you have a problem and continue to distribute.
First to run 11's all motor
First to run 10's (10.96) and did it with a 100% bonestock long block and a power adder (nitrous)
First to run 10's (10.55) on motor in 2010 Camaro
First to break into the 5's (5.97) 1/8th mile
First to cut a 1.5X sixty foot
First to cut a 1.4x sixty foot
First to car to cut a 1.3x 60ft
OrangeChevyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #80
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
I understand your frustration but i think thats a lil unfair.You dont see Nick on here at all,he doesnt sell the TBS to anyone but dealers for the most part,in other words he is not on here promoting his TB and asking you to put it on your Hi hp fi car.Nick made the 102 for the new 102 fast intake,if FAST would have not come out with the 102 intake you would not see the 102 at all.We are using these TBs in a application that it was not desighened for and again,its the sensitivety in the pcm,the TB works fine with aftermarket computers at 2000hp!
Yes, Thomas, you're 100% right. It is frustration and I don't agree in which this matter has been handled by the manufacturer. You're right again, I've never seen NW on here but would it kill him to pop on. You're always here to help us, so is Ted and frank and so on. I don't think I was unfair. I merely voiced how I thought a successful business goes about similar problems. It is what it is. NW will address the issue when NW addresses the issue. All the bitching by us won't help. And it's not the end of the world, we, or at least I could care less about the money or the failure. Just step up to the plate. I guess he has through you and appears this is what he prefers. That's fine. At least you are on top of this Znd have the ability to relay some info. For that we thank you.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #81
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
NW102 for the 5th gen is junk. He should refund 150% of people's money back who has ran that crap and learned the hard way. The consumers time is worth money, especially when you have a problem and continue to distribute.
I love me some OC2!!!

Where have you been?
Old 05-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #82
OrangeChevyII

I've been around, mainly just watching. Sam88 owns the car now so I honestly don't have much to say.

The NW TB is junk, it caused lots of lost hours of sleep and frustration for some. I know first hand, it wasn't till after countless hours it was figured out. If your car doesn't make a whole lot of power it works great, after you make real power it's an issue. We learned the hard way. I think it should carry a hefty price tag to figure someone else's proplem.
First to run 10's (10.96) and did it with a 100% bonestock long block and a power adder (nitrous)
Old 05-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #83
OrangeChevyII

As far as Hendrix opinion of NW and him telling us not to buy it is a crock of shit, that's about as ass backwards it can get. Just because we didn't buy it from him doesn't mean he shouldn't take into his own personal hands and admitt there's a problem and as of yet, no way to fix it all while he's still pushing the products.

Warning: if you have a stock Ls3 motor this junk will work. Otherwise just make a nice paper weight out of it.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #84
mikepage0007

on a good note, my new tag came .
Attached Images

Tags