Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #449
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
Good luck with the job lead. And, a bonus that it's close to the house.

Graduation went great. Beautiful weather and we had a great time. I'll get pics organized soon.
Super! Such an accomplishment...for the graduate AND the parents!
Yes indeed...pics please!

Things are changing on a day to day basis on the job front. I've still got my application in to the facility close to my house, but my new interim boss approached me about transfering to PACU[recovery room] and doing three 10 hr shifts per week. I said yes; so we'll see if she comes through. And you know the funny part?? I did NOT say a word to anyone about this, and people are already talking about it, asking me questions about it, and wondering how it's going to affect THEM! LOL!
I have enough to worry about without worrying about someone else's job...yet they seem to have the time to worry about mine! yeeeesh!
I guess there's always gotta be a stick that stirs the caw-caw pot if you know what I mean...LOL!

OK...movin' on...
happy hump-day tomorrow!

oao
Old 05-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #450
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow...congrats on the new position. At least you have some movement on something new. Hope the other facility works out, too. You'll have some options then.

Rain, rain, and more rain. Good for the yard. Bad for my car. At least it's not bad thuderstorms. Looking on the bright side!

Pics coming via PM.

See ya.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #451
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Saw the pics! Sent you a PM.

It will be one more week until I get to go "part time", but at least there's a light, albeit dim, at the end of the tunnel...LOL!

My car is dirty too. :(
I was going to wash it when I got home today, and just as I was about to make the bucket of Adam's suds, our neighbor started mowing. AARRGGHH! When folks mow here with it being SOOO dry, you get a ton of blowing RED DUST!!! So, I'll try and get 'er washed tomorrow maybe.

I'm organizing my 40th HS reunion, so been busy trying to chase everyone down.
You'd think these folks would be settled down, living in the same house, town, etc, but nooooo!!!!! LOL! But, I don't mind and facebook has made it waaaay easier this time around.

off to feed the furkids...they are getting rather loud!

oao
Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #452
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Okay lady. The Hot Rod Power Tour will be rolling through there in about 3 weeks. I'm going to be in Stillwater for the afternoon on June 7th, spending the night in Edmond that night and rolling south that morning toward Dallas, which is the final stop that Friday the 8th. Don't know the exact route yet, but we're stopping at Cover King in Pauls Valley. Think we'll have time to meet up?

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #453
Black Lightning

I tell my wife there's a Camaro story every day. Some days just a minor thing and some days a lot more. Today was the latter.

At lunch, I'm starting to back up from a Walmart parking space and I see in the rear view miror two guys like in their twenties with their phones up taking pictures of the car. Well, they just stand there doing that. I had plenty of room to back up, but I just had to know what they were doing.

So, I get out and say hey. They say in a British accent, "You've got the transformers car!". Turns out they are here from South Africa for a triathlon. They were very polite and also asked to see/video the engine. They asked a lot about the car. It was fun and I gave them a good engine rev taking off.

Just wondering...are there no Camaros in South Africa?

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #454
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Diane,
I hope we can meet up. It might work better for me to come up to Edmond and we could meet for dinner maybe, on the 7th?
My dilema is that we will be in the beginning phase of home renovations. So, it depends on what time the workers leave. I don't feel good about leaving with them still working. I'll know more when we get closer to the date, I hope. Don't give up on me, OK?

Quote:
Just wondering...are there no Camaros in South Africa?
I would think NOT, but what do I know; I wouldn't have thought there would be Camaros in Iraq, either, but there is. LOL!
Sounds like you gave those guys some excitement they won't forget! You did good!

OK...hubby is finally on board with getting a CAI and new exhaust. Now I just need to decide which CAI to go with. I'm leaning towards the CAI,inc. one because the washer fluid tank wouldn't have to be moved, but it runs a little more, $$$-wise.
Also leaning towards the Borla, but will have to do a little more research & reading on it.

furkids are wanting their bedtime snack...LOL!

have a good week end, friends!

s
Old 05-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #455
Black Lightning

for CAI and performance exhaust!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #456
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
for CAI and performance exhaust!
I know! I'm totally jazzed!

More later
Old 05-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #457
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

I think I've about decided to go with the MRT v2.0 exhaust. seems to be a moderate priced exhaust and pretty popular with us V6er's.
Definitely going with the Cold Air Inductions inc CAI. DH and I can "bolt" it on, but the exhaust will be done by the "pros"...which ain't us...LOL!

worked my arse off yesterday...over 13 hours, and over 9 hours today; off tomorrow, then 2 more days at full time status, then I'll be a part-time employee starting next week. Yippee skippee! As always, I'll continue the hunt for something closer to home, but for now, only having to commute 2 or 3 days a week is waaaay better than 5!

oao
Old 05-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #458
Black Lightning

Agree totally. I've read great things on here for both MRT and CAI. How soon do the mods go on? You'll have to post a rev video after the install. Got to hear her rumbling!

Bummer on the long hours. Part-time coming soon!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #459
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Agree totally. I've read great things on here for both MRT and CAI. How soon do the mods go on? You'll have to post a rev video after the install. Got to hear her rumbling!

Bummer on the long hours. Part-time coming soon!
We'll order the CAI when DH gets a few minutes to read up on it...he's totally trusting my judgement on these mods, so I really want him to know
what I'm "getting him into"...LOL!

YES!!! I was actually off today due to a light case load; didn't get squat accomplished except the grocery shopping. Will work 2 more days, then officially start PT status next week. Then the next week is the start of THE BIG BATHROOM RENOVATION[S] ADVENTURE!!!
I have a sneaking feeling it will either go flawlessly and fast, or it will be a disaster in the making...LOL! That's how our projects seem to go.
Hopefully, it will be mostly painless.

off to feed the babies...they're giving me "the look".

L8R
Old 05-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #460
Black Lightning

Thought this was interesting.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...adinapp-lennox

It will go fine. You did your research and got somebody good. I would guess it may take longer than what they forecast. But, if it's done right, that's the important part.

Day off? Good for you!

We got our announcement today. Because of our department's growth, we get two new managers. One was a surprise and one was not. The surprise was the person in our area that got promoted. The other is coming in fom another department. She is really sharp. I will report to neither of them and stay with the current manager in our area. I like her a lot. So, I'm very happy!

Old 05-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #461
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Thought this was interesting.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...adinapp-lennox

It will go fine. You did your research and got somebody good. I would guess it may take longer than what they forecast. But, if it's done right, that's the important part.

Day off? Good for you!

We got our announcement today. Because of our department's growth, we get two new managers. One was a surprise and one was not. The surprise was the person in our area that got promoted. The other is coming in fom another department. She is really sharp. I will report to neither of them and stay with the current manager in our area. I like her a lot. So, I'm very happy!
hmmm. Guess I'm not in the group of "norm"; I LOVE my BIG master bath...LOL! I will agree, we don't use our jacuzzi tub near as much as we thought we would.:( Definitely a sink hole of time to fill it; then no time left to soak!

Keep telling me this! I sure hope I picked the right contractor.

Yay! Always good to see a deserving employee get a promotion. Glad that business is all tied up...and before the long holiday weekend!

Speaking of, do you and your family have plans? I think we'll stay close to home; DH will probably have to work anyway, so I may start taking down some wallpaper border in the half bath, and go pick out some paint and be ready to hit the ground running on June 4th. We'll see.

The boss put me down to work all 4 days next week[no cases on Memorial day]; dang! I figured working 2 or 3...LOL! But, that's OK...just means more $$$$ for Wild Thing!

OK...off to fold some laundry and feed you know who(s)!! They are just soooooo totally spoiled!

Have a safe and fun week end, my friend!

oao
Old 05-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #462
Black Lightning

My parents are coming up from Pensacola. They have not seen the new patio and some of our other projects. The girls have their boyfriends in town, too, so we should have a house full for dinner tomorrow.

Kind of glad we're not traveling. Still no big travel plans until Vegas in September. We'll probably run down to Pensacola a few times over the summer, though.

Monday is family movie day - Men in Black III. We are big fans, and it got great reviews.