Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
dcfan22

Drives: '11 2LT RS 'vert Camaro
Rattle, Squeak, annoying noise?

Hey in addition to the wear marks, my vert rattles and squeaks from the right rear. If I push on the bar (bow) closest to my rear window (5th bow?) it makes the same sound as it does when I ride over bumps. Anyone else experience this and if so what they found it to be? My shop guy doesn't know. It is very loud and very annoying, especially when I am taking people for rides!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
That sucks, definately not a normal sound dont have that issue at all with mine. If im correct its really the first time I have heard anything like that. Hope somebody can help.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
If im correct its really the first time I have heard anything like that.
Not the first time that its been brought up here, this is the most recent; http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222184

If the current dealer can't fix/locate it you may have to go to another more experienced dealer.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
VictorDelDuca

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS 6M
I have the creaks too and did the same thing as you; pushed on the 5th bow and got the same noise I had heard inside the car. Usually bumps and driveway aprons cause the creaking noise. Mine isn't terribly loud and I usually only notice it when I have the radio off completely. Haven't bothered taking it in yet until I try to get some idea what it might be; I don't have the free time to waste be told its nothing/normal. There are a number of others who have reported this so we are not alone. Luckily I haven't had much issue with rub marks, holes, or bad wrinkles so I'm counting myself lucky for the moment until they finally get a new top mechanism designed and we get to break cubes about that with GM to get some satisfaction to our tops (you must have changed the design for a reason!).
Old 06-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorDelDuca View Post
I have the creaks too and did the same thing as you; pushed on the 5th bow and got the same noise I had heard inside the car. Usually bumps and driveway aprons cause the creaking noise. Mine isn't terribly loud and I usually only notice it when I have the radio off completely. Haven't bothered taking it in yet until I try to get some idea what it might be; I don't have the free time to waste be told its nothing/normal. There are a number of others who have reported this so we are not alone. Luckily I haven't had much issue with rub marks, holes, or bad wrinkles so I'm counting myself lucky for the moment until they finally get a new top mechanism designed and we get to break cubes about that with GM to get some satisfaction to our tops (you must have changed the design for a reason!).
I apologize for any inconveniences or frustrations this may have caused you. Have you taken it to the dealership for diagnosis? We rely on our dealerships for technical assistance. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me via PM. From there we will be able to see if there any options available to you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
emsguy

Drives: 2012 2ss convertible
If it's like mine, I have the answer. Once again, it's the Fed's fault. My mechanic found a tag enclosed in plastic attached to the right inside rear of the top mechanism. It's the same tag you get on matresses and pillows. You know "don't remove under penalty ....." Well, come arrest me, because I removed it. And you know what, no more noise. Thank you Big Brother.
emsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
dcfan22

So the plastic tag was making a loud squeaking noise? I'll take a look . . .
Old 06-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
dcfan22

I'm waiting also - my dealership doesn't really want to touch anything without GM's approval - and GM isn't giving me any answers yet - Hopefully they are working out a REAL fix and want to wait and see. Still have 2 years of warranty left, so as long as she runs strong and looks great with her top down . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorDelDuca View Post
Old 06-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #9
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsguy View Post
If it's like mine, I have the answer. Once again, it's the Fed's fault. My mechanic found a tag enclosed in plastic attached to the right inside rear of the top mechanism. It's the same tag you get on matresses and pillows. You know "don't remove under penalty ....." Well, come arrest me, because I removed it. And you know what, no more noise. Thank you Big Brother.
Nice going! Now the mattress police are gonna come over and check for tags on your bed
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #10
Miraclewhip

Drives: 2012 BLK / IO / 2SS / RS / Vert
mine makes HORRIBLE sound with the top down when i go over bumps, tiny rough areas in the road, its to the point of being emberrasing when i have passngers. Im taking mine in monday.
Miraclewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraclewhip View Post
mine makes HORRIBLE sound with the top down when i go over bumps, tiny rough areas in the road, its to the point of being embarrassing when i have passengers.
Where does the sound come from?
Do they think you're farting?
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
Miraclewhip

Drives: 2012 BLK / IO / 2SS / RS / Vert
back drivers side, and no its too high pitched lol
Miraclewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #13
zachi3

Drives: IOM 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsguy View Post
Pics ?
zachi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #14
emsguy

Drives: 2012 2ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachi3 View Post
Pics ?
sorry. mechanic fixed it under warranty. no pics. no smoking gun. probably had to send the piece back to GM for warranty reimbursement.

if you want, I can send you a snapshot of the noice. (just pulling your leg)
emsguy is offline   Reply With Quote