Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #99
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
These lights are junk. Read all 4 pages, and see all the issues with the lights. Why do people keep buying such a terrible product? Yea it looks cool, but the defective product out weighs that in my mind. I don't want to spend $400 bucks to have a constent problem on my car.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #100
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChriSS84 View Post
These lights are junk. Read all 4 pages, and see all the issues with the lights. Why do people keep buying such a terrible product? Yea it looks cool, but the defective product out weighs that in my mind. I don't want to spend $400 bucks to have a constent problem on my car.
The main issue is.the leaking...its an easy fix.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #101
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallin2005 View Post
Hate to say this but, i called year one 20 min ago. Techno is sending 4 sets a week starting next week. I ordered mine memorial day weekend and the lady said im in the 7th week, soooo i cancelled my order, not waiting 2 more months on top of the 2 and a half i have already waited. Piss poor customer service grrrr
Just called myself and mentioned your post ..( not by name -not that I even know your name lol) and the lady told me I was full of it !
she said there is No way that any of what I said could or was true .
The only thing This lady said is that " Yes they were supposed to arrive on the 5th but nothing came in and that She would call the manufacture Again and it could take up to 24 hours to get a me a reply to call me back !
I'll post up when she calls me ..
Old 07-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #102
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
The main issue is.the leaking...its an easy fix.
For $400.00 I should not have to do any thing but do the install. They could say the warranty is no good by me resealing the lights.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #103
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
For $400.00 I should not have to do any thing but do the install. They could say the warranty is no good by me resealing the lights.
True.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #104
LoPerformance Motorsports
Loperformance Motorsports

Drives: 2011 2LT
Wont say who I got mine from......but was on a waiting list at three companys since last October, last year . Got a contact in January and had to pass. Got on the headlight cover list and put up $200 for the covers. Left me short for the taillights then. Finally got the go to get some middle of May. Got them the end of May. Lets see....that adds up to hum....8 to 9 months!!!!!! Can we say PRODUCT DEMAND!!! I feel your pain!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #105
Broffermoon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrngrs View Post
Please elaborate on the addendum information. I'm getting my friday and want to be prepared so any insight is appreciated.
Sorry, just got back to the thread. Got a new job. Anyway, there are resistors noted in the addendum that must be installed for the unit to work properly. I did not do it first and got crazy results. Then found the addendum and added the little metal boxes and their connections into the mix, wonderful results.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #106
freefallin2005

Drives: 2017 rally yellow ss
bee sting that is EXACTLY what the guy aaron told me. he said the same thing for thge last 3 weeks and the i finally got a answern here is my bank acct statement refund
07/10/2012
PURCHASE RETURN / YEAR ONE INC 800 9509503 GA 219173087294 435178 Jul 9 @ 12:00am
freefallin2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #107
bee sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallin2005 View Post
bee sting that is EXACTLY what the guy aaron told me. he said the same thing for thge last 3 weeks and the i finally got a answern here is my bank acct statement refund
07/10/2012
PURCHASE RETURN / YEAR ONE INC 800 9509503 GA 219173087294 435178 Jul 9 @ 12:00am
Thats just sad :( It's a shame that a company would have a sale on a item that they Never even had in stock !!!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #108
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
If I may ask, who was the company that had the lights on sale? Obviously it wasn't Technostalgia the company that makes them. I know I saw a recent post by Apex saying they had them in stock "No line no wait" essentially and I know there was yet another vendor on another forum that had them in a group buy from inception of their availability. When the lights first came out there was a wait list from a group buy and I skip shift this and went directly to Technostalgia and got mine before the 'Group Buy' people did. Technostalgia called me when they were ready, took my payment and I had lights within 4 days. The transaction was fast and complete and I've had nothing but good things to say about Technostalgia and Todd.

Todd of Technostalgia and I shoot emails back and forth since the company used to be located here in Indiana before they relocated to their current facility and he knows I'm state law enforcement and has asked me some legal questions about lights since I have a perspective on DOT and NHTSA.
Reading partially though this thread its my understanding someone did a 'Holiday Sale' without having inventory or even seeing if they could in fact meet the demand with their supply. Piss poor planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on Techno's part. That would be like me planning a dinner at Shula's, jazz club afterward before checking with my girl to see if she's even availabe.
The water intrusions from my understanding were a year ago and that problem as been resolved. I know I got my lights when they first came out and had one light slightly fog but never any water intrusion and Todd sent me out another light and I sent the fogged one back to him. There are others here who have them, at least two others and they just recently got theirs I believe direct from Technostalgia as I did and they haven't had any issues whatsoever. In fact one lady named Sheila just got her lights about a month ago or so ago and yet the other person just got a new vert and he got them installed on his, and he just got his car prior to Opening Day at IMS or shortly there after.
All this said, I hope that Technostalgia is not carrying the brunt of this debate on not having supply available. They also provide a very professional package that I kept to place my original tail lights in just in case I sell them. The color directions they give are thourough and huge for my then 52yr old eyes three years ago. Technostalgia can't be held accountable for one not plugging the correct plugs where they should be or poor connections.
I have no dog in the fight here but just believe fair is fair. Hold those accountable, accountabe and the others blameless.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #109
bee sting

The Company is... Year One . They have been around a very long time and a major supplier of restoration parts . With that being said They still Dropped the ball on this Huge Sale .
Old 07-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #110
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Glad I didn't purchase my set through Year One...
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #111
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
The Company is... Year One . They have been around a very long time and a major supplier of restoration parts . With that being said They still Dropped the ball on this Huge Sale .
OK, I'm not familiar with them at all. Like I said earlier, Apex and one other were the initial vendors on these lights with Technostalgia being the maker and supplier. I just don't think Technostalgia should be accused or held accountable on anything that is not their problem, that's all.

I hope everyone gets the lights if this in fact what you want. I would not let anything or anyone hold me back on something I want. I've gone many directions and variations to get what I want, short of selling my soul to the devil. I suggest going direct to the maker and avoid the middleman as I did.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #112
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
^^^^^^^^^
Good answer!!
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote