Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #29
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
I have a bone stock GS and it is at least a half second faster than my SS when it was headers/CAI. Clicked off 12.6 right off the street with my wife driving and 90+ degrees out.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #30
Neto1978

Drives: 2011 camaro ss victory red
Well, i rented too many corvettes at hertz, its wonderful if you drive it 30 minutes a day, i took a trip to orlando ...and my back was destroyed! (i am 6'2 ft)If you have money to have a corvette as a spare, perfect! If you want fun and overall comfort, camaro is the answer...or if you want comfort only , a suburban is the most!
Neto1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #31
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neto1978 View Post
Well, i rented too many corvettes at hertz, its wonderful if you drive it 30 minutes a day, i took a trip to orlando ...and my back was destroyed! (i am 6'2 ft)If you have money to have a corvette as a spare, perfect! If you want fun and overall comfort, camaro is the answer...or if you want comfort only , a suburban is the most!
Hertz rents Vettes nice.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #32
Bob Cosby

Drives: 2010 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neto1978 View Post
I just drove mine 1600 miles roundtrip to Texas and back last weekend. My back is fine.

My only real gripe about the Vette is that its a rattle trap....mainly the targa top (which I otherwise LOVE).
Bob Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #33
waahehe94

Drives: C6 Corvette, Mustang + a few others
My only complaint with the Corvette that I drive is that you do get a lot of road noise, especially on interstate, in it with the targa top.Other than that it's a fantastic car for the money.My C6 6A ran a 12.80 bone stock on the factory run flats with the exception of a K&N filter at Bristol Dragway in Tennessee.

I'm with Bob Cosby on the seats, never had a problem with them hurting my back.
waahehe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #34
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnever2fast View Post
Why do 99% of Corvette Owners drive 10 mph under the speed limit????
Yea, I've noticed that for years. Like a fool I always zoom pass them. It can't be just age of 50+ yr olds.

But my cousin has a modded T/A and he drives slow on the freeway because its like being the "biggest" man in town walking into a room.
You know what you can do. No need to brag. When you're car is the fastest car on the freeway, you drive slow to let people see you. Form of dominance.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #35
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cosby View Post
I just drove mine 1600 miles roundtrip to Texas and back last weekend. My back is fine.

My only real gripe about the Vette is that its a rattle trap....mainly the targa top (which I otherwise LOVE).
When I tested a '12, I was very dissapointed because of the rattling. I thought, "my 65k dream car rides like a chevette??".

A guy on here told me that can be 10% fixed.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #36
Tally Ho

Drives: 2006 Corvette conv/2007 Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
When I tested a '12, I was very dissapointed because of the rattling. I thought, "my 65k dream car rides like a chevette??".

The convertibles are much quieter. As for the 10mph below the speed limit crack, you guys have never followed me. I'm usually 10mph over unless it's an area known for catching speeders, then I'm right at the limit.

FWIW, I'll be 54 in Sep.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #37
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
in the days you really feel your age, drive the vette. When you're feeling young and frisky, you drive the Camaro.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #38
stratosphere

Drives: 2015 Stingray & 2011 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post

The rattling targa top is due to "thermal expansion" when outside temps heat up rapidly.

A simple solution is a cheap bottle of silicone based lubricant avail at any parts store applied to the front and rear posts where the roof aligns, and you are rattle free! In 3+ years ive had to do this probably twice each season.

stratosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #39
SilverSS3108

Drives: 2010 silver SS
Well this thread has not helped me at all!! LOL I had my mind made up on a 2013 GS but am now second guessing for a ZL1 to keep the performance on a more even spread. I'm single with no kids and my DD is a 2500 crew cab duramax that my wrk provides me with. I sold my SS nearly a yr ago and it's def time for another sports car. I'm still leaning towards the GS since I want performance more than room. Neither car will stay stock more than a month or so (yes I've planned mods for both since I'm on the fence.) LTs, CAI, tune, pulley(ZL1), exhaust, Tstat, ported TB, etc. Can y'all help me make up my mind?
SilverSS3108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #40
stratosphere

Drives: 2015 Stingray & 2011 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS3108 View Post
Well this thread has not helped me at all!! LOL I had my mind made up on a 2013 GS but am now second guessing for a ZL1 to keep the performance on a more even spread. I'm single with no kids and my DD is a 2500 crew cab duramax that my wrk provides me with. I sold my SS nearly a yr ago and it's def time for another sports car. I'm still leaning towards the GS since I want performance more than room. Neither car will stay stock more than a month or so (yes I've planned mods for both since I'm on the fence.) LTs, CAI, tune, pulley(ZL1), exhaust, Tstat, ported TB, etc. Can y'all help me make up my mind?
Well im slightly biased towards the Vette so im not really going to be any help. Go drive both and see what you think. Which car gives you the best deal for your money - or which car can you get the best deal on? I dont think you could go wrong either way.
stratosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #41
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdari View Post
in the days you really feel your age, drive the vette. When you're feeling young and frisky, you drive the Camaro.
I have a neighbor who owns a 430 Ferrari and Lamborghini Gallardo and he says the same thing
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #42
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackenedSS View Post
A very very verrryyy small person! My 2&5 year olds are cramped in my SS! With that being said, they are the reason I don't have a vette(YET)
My words to anyone complaining about my backseats:

"Well, we can take YOUR car, then."

No one has ever taken me up on switching cars.