Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #57
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
I don't need the V8 and it's impractical given my commute is somewhere around 100 miles a day roundtrip. Factor in premium gas (and a LOT more of it) and higher insurance-- no thanks! The V6 is fast (faster than my last V8 Camaro); looks fantastic; gets great gas mileage; is cheap on insurance-- and I've customized mine out. I LOVE my car. Not interested in trading. I could afford the V8, but I'd rather save my money for other things (vacations, modding, whatever strikes my fancy). That's what really gets me mad -- when people insinuate that "oh you must have bought the six because you couldn't afford the eight." Really?

But I've only ever run into that on here. Occasionally people will ask me if it's the six or the eight but when I tell them what it's capable of they're all impressed. I haven't run into any haters in the real world.

When the 50th anniversary comes out I might get a Z/28 as a garage queen/weekend toy, but I'll continue to daily drive this car for many years. Till the wheels fall off. Then I'll glue 'em back on and drive her some more! Best daily driver EVER and if I want the feel of an SS, my boyfriend's got one.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #58
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
made my switch after wrecking my V6...originally went with the 6 because i was trying to be "responsible"...until the mod bug bit me. then it was all down hill from there. as much as i enjoyed working with the LLT, i was ready for some V8 power. i never tried to get my 6 to sound or perform like an 8 but it was just never enough and always wanted more. and there is a HUGE difference between the 3.6 and 6.2L. not sure how you guys say you don't really see/feel the difference in TQ, >100 extra lb's of TQ is night and day! i don't think you were brave enough to get on it and drive it the way it was meant to be. but to each there own. enjoyed both platforms though and am happy with where im at and how i got here. glad i was able to experience both sides of it. but for you nay sayers...if i hadn't wrecked my 6, i'd still be driving it and loving it!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #59
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Nothing wrong with V6 or V8. Just buy what you want and let others get what they want.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #60
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
We just bought a V8.

But unlike most, we kept my V6 and bought the SS.

So we have both and enjoy them
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #61
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
made my switch after wrecking my V6...originally went with the 6 because i was trying to be "responsible"...until the mod bug bit me. then it was all down hill from there. as much as i enjoyed working with the LLT, i was ready for some V8 power. i never tried to get my 6 to sound or perform like an 8 but it was just never enough and always wanted more. and there is a HUGE difference between the 3.6 and 6.2L. not sure how you guys say you don't really see/feel the difference in TQ, >100 extra lb's of TQ is night and day! i don't think you were brave enough to get on it and drive it the way it was meant to be. but to each there own. enjoyed both platforms though and am happy with where im at and how i got here. glad i was able to experience both sides of it. but for you nay sayers...if i hadn't wrecked my 6, i'd still be driving it and loving it!
I think when we say we don't feel it, it is really we like the feel of a car with a broad torque curve and peaky on the top end. The two cars feel very different, but the higher TQ doesn't feel THAT much different to me. I would expect 50% more pull and it just doesn't feel like that. Now, take that 100 TQ with the LLT/LFX torque curve and I think I'd be impressed...for a while. Take the curve and almost 200 ft-lbs more I have now and it is a real difference. I get on it now and a certain orifice leaves an impression in the seat...I've never had that feel in a stock SS.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #62
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Nice thread Jason, you know why my chouce was V6-color. I know that feeling of getting that V8 itch. Someday after this ones paid off it will be worth scratchin'
Old 08-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #63
ckcamaro
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: Malibu.camaro/
I loved both my 2010 ls and 2011 1lt convertable!! but I knew I had to have a V8! the power diffrence is awsome even scary! but the gas milage and higher gas prices does make a differance but I only drive my to and from work and club cruises!!!
ckcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #64
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
When the 50th anniversary comes out I might get a Z/28 as a garage queen/weekend toy, but I'll continue to daily drive this car for many years.
Exactly what I'm doing. If there isn't a Z/28 out then I'll just go with an SS.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #65
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Exactly what I'm doing. If there isn't a Z/28 out then I'll just go with an SS.
great minds think alike

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #66
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN

Drives: 2015 SS Convertable Green Flash
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
great minds think alike
im doing the exact same thing

2015 2SS Green Flash Edition
2012 Camaro LFX 45th born 9/24/11 sold 4/1/15
2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2010 LT2 BLUE RS CAMARO TRADED FOR 45TH
2011 COLARADO Z71 TRADED FOR MALABU
2011 MALABU LTZ TRADED FOR BLUE CAMARO
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
MistyBlu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #67
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Lol! With the recent mods and what's currently going on, could have bought the v8 2ss and almost a ZL1!!!! What the hell - it's only money.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #68
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
I got my V6 Brand new as a 2010 left over in Feb 2011 with $7,000 off the sticker and $1,500 in free Chevy parts. It was loaded with sticker of $35k

I did really want a v8 ss but is was alot more and I didnt want the base edition without the rs and leather so i went with the V6. Plus its my DD so gas and mileage with V8 wouldnt be good.
Attached Images

mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #69
SS_Killer

Drives: 2010LSM6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenningJ View Post
So I guess what I am getting at, for those of us that are sticking with the V6 what are your reasons? Don't need the V8? Have another car to play with? Have invested enough in mods? Let me hear it!
I am having WAY TOO MUCH FUN takin' the SSs on the auto-x. Maybe when one beats me I'll consider trading. Overall, we C5 Camaro guys are far too rare on auto-x. Come on, guys, I think a well-driven SS can compete with a v6 LS.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #70
Macky

Drives: 2016 1SS, Garnet Red Tintcoat
This is a great thread. I am actually thinking about going the other way. I have a 2011 2SS/RS coupe. I really wanted a convertible, but was impatient and didn't wait. I now have a chance to get a SMOKIN deal on a brand new 45th Anniversary 2LT convertible. The dealership is giving me a great deal for trade-in on the SS, too. I've been trying to decide if I'm going to do the deal or not...it is a tough decision! I love the SS, but the 45th convertible is so tempting!