Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #15
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
So I read your post and looked at the video and photos and the first thing that popped into my head was, sounds like Florida. The land where people park crooked and fling their doors open when they get out of their cars.

I drive all over every day for work and I see it all day long. When I have to park I park the absolute farthest away there is. A place where there are never any cars and then I don't have that woman, who obviously was in too much of a hurry to park straight and she flung her door open because she was late for something.

I am sad this happened to you. You couldn't have been out as far as you could be though or this person wouldn't have parked next to you. I hope you get your car repaired without having to pay very much.

I just dread the day that this happens to me. I know it's coming because you can never park far enough away.

Next time take your Swiss army knife and poke a hole in the cars sidewall. Then drive off lol.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #16
FresnoStateDogs

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Have a beer, and enjoy the fact that some other dude has to put up with that door dingin skank on a daily basis... and you don't.
LOLZ

Spiral Ported TB, K&N Typhoon, JBA Performance Cat-back, RX catch can and Oil Breather.
FresnoStateDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Earlier these college kids parked really close to my car where they could barely open their door..i kept my cool and just watched if they jammed my car..these things can be prevented but, not stopped.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #18
1SSFever

Drives: 2012 1SS
Yeah it sucks how people are.

I always thought if I was ever in that situation that I would handle it just like you did.....guess not. I never catch them in the act.

Like the other guy said, should have just kicked a dent in her car and drove off, since she was adamant about not accepting responsibility. Waiting on her husband and the cops, well you should have known how that was gonna turn out.

I wouldn't try to sue those people, too much trouble to go all the way to court and listen to the same story again. You have no proof.
1SSFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #19
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
As said above kick a nice dent in it and drive off.. And people wonder why some of us take up two spots in BFE..
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #20
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
On a related subject, my remote start and tint has on more than one occasion saved my car from people slamming their doors open. Yeah at the end of the day, people still suck.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #21
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Sucks. People suck.
I wouldn't have even waited for them to come back and argue. People will allways deny, deny, deny unless they are caught red handed. That's rule #1.

You had enough proof and u know they did it.
Like others said, I would of kicked the shit out of their door.
Or left a nice message with my keys, or both.

I usually take a picture of cars licence plates that are parked next to me.
Just in case. Not sure how usefull it can be if ur not a cop or something, but it's better than not having it if u actually do need it.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I can see both sides here. One side is going "WTF?!?!" and the other is saying don't sweat it. The week after I got my car someone put a much smaller ding in my passenger door at work. I got over it but I was still pissed. The car had like 200 miles on it at the time.

It sucks that there are such POS in this world. I honestly think you could argue it if you wanted. You have video proof. If you had waited for her to get in and filmed her door opening it would be even better.

Karma has her name now. Get a PDR guy and that beer Russell was talking about.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #23
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
You live in Florida and there are alot of old people that are hard of hearing, get it!!!! Just a joke since I'm one of those older persons but Im very very careful where I park my car too. Especially in Wal Mart, I'll walk in from the back.
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #24
hsoj10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
Why in the hell does someone always park so close when clearly you (much like myself) park so far from anyone else?
I always park way out at the end of the parking lot all alone, and never fails when I come out there are six other cars out there parked all around me. As if they parked real close so they could check out my car but in the process decided to put a dent or two in it.. lol Needless to say I still park way out in the middle of nowhere everywhere I go hoping it will keep my baby safe. People have no respect for others property these days
Old 08-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #25
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Cost you more than your deductible to worry with small claims court.
Only if you have a $0 deductible.

Most states its a really small fee to file ($50 here in NC) and in all states, if you win the cost of filing is added to the retribution that you get so it would be free if you win.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #26
FresnoStateDogs

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsoj10 View Post
I always park way out at the end of the parking lot all alone, and never fails when I come out there are six other cars out there parked all around me. As if they parked real close so they could check out my car but in the process decided to put a dent or two in it.. lol Needless to say I still park way out in the middle of nowhere everywhere I go hoping it will keep my baby safe. People have no respect for others property these days
You take this much care of your exterior but then put 87 octane in your tank?

Take more care of your heart.

Spiral Ported TB, K&N Typhoon, JBA Performance Cat-back, RX catch can and Oil Breather.
FresnoStateDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #27
ROADWAR
Dead Man Riding

Drives: 2012 1LT
OP, you my friend have much more patience than me. I always park way out to avoid damage. Many years ago. I came out of a shopping center to find a pick up truck parked way close to me (I had parked at the outer edge of the lot about a quarter mile from the entrance with empty spaces on either side). Sure enough, there was a new big ding with matching paint from the pickup in the ding. I totally lost it and kicked a 1.5 foot wide dent into the pick up door. I decided long ago that I will give the careless bastards back better than they give me. They probably don't care but at least they don't get off free.
Front Bowtie delete

Former Camaros:
1982 Z28 4 speed manual
1985 Z28 TPI automatic
1995 Z28 6 speed manual
ROADWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #28
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I hope I get it fixed soon. It will be much easier to be the bigger person then.

Too many liars in this world.
jeremy3721 is offline   Reply With Quote