Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #15
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedes View Post
Yes and they treat me like a red headed step-child. They are loyal to their customers, which I don't blame them for, but seeing that I bought from another dealership and need them to service it (warranty issues) I'm quickly put on the back burner or told to take it to my purchasing dealership.
Vote with your money.

For the life of me I don't understand why car manufacturers don't crack down on dealers. Almost all negative aspects of buying a car or fixing a car all come from the dealers. As far as the public is concerned, a Chevy dealer IS Chevy and all the crappy ones just tarnish the brand name.
I wonder how many people swore off entire car brands solely on how they were treated at the dealership.

I know my mom tried to buy a lexas once, except not a single person would help us. It was kind of rediculous and was pretty shocked my self. We just walked across the street to the BMW dealer who was more than helpful.

Why don't any car manufacturers operate their own stores, seems like it would be an all around better thing to do vs the current situation where most people hate car dealers.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
DaBears

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester, 2010 Equinox
Buy it.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #17
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Vote with your money.

For the life of me I don't understand why car manufacturers don't crack down on dealers. Almost all negative aspects of buying a car or fixing a car all come from the dealers. As far as the public is concerned, a Chevy dealer IS Chevy and all the crappy ones just tarnish the brand name.
I wonder how many people swore off entire car brands solely on how they were treated at the dealership.

I know my mom tried to buy a lexas once, except not a single person would help us. It was kind of rediculous and was pretty shocked my self. We just walked across the street to the BMW dealer who was more than helpful.

Why don't any car manufacturers operate their own stores, seems like it would be an all around better thing to do vs the current situation where most people hate car dealers.
I agree with you 100%. I went to buy my first vette when I was 22. Went to one of the local Chevy stores and asked to take a look at the black one they had on the showroom floor (it was locked up). The salesman looked at me, smirked and told me to bring him a $5000 deposit and he would unlock it then and only then. I looked at him, bit my tongue, and just walked out of the dealership.

A week later I pulled into that same dealership with my vette. I parked right in front and walked inside to find my little friend. Walked up to him and asked if he remembered me. He said yeah (with that same sh*tty grin). I pointed to my car, showed him the keys and said, " I bet you feel stupid for not opening those doors now, huh? " Turned around and walked out.
To this day I would never buy a car from that dealership.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #18
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Vote with your money.

I agree with you.

But a lot of it has to do with the law. The manufacturers hands are pretty much tied. They have limited control over the dealerships.

I also am not sure of the legalities of the Big 3 directly selling cars to consumers.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #19
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
The majority of Chevy dealers in my area of NY suck balls pretty hard. I honestly don't know why that is. Put simply, if you want a chevy and are in the NY metro area, go to Jersey, good, honest people in far more dealerships than in NY.

By contrast, Ford dealers are awesome around here. Go figure....

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:16 AM   #20
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by az2ss View Post
in b4 brandon @chevy customer service apologizes
Old 08-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #21
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
With the crap service my brother has received from 2 different GM dealerships on his freaking CTS I will not buy GM now
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #22
DaBears

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester, 2010 Equinox
Buy it.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #23
Xedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
With the crap service my brother has received from 2 different GM dealerships on his freaking CTS I will not buy GM now
Funny thing, one of the dealerships that's been putting me on the back burner is the SAME dealership that rolled out the red carpet for me when I brought my C6 to them (even though I bought it from another dealership). I pull up in the Camaro and I get treated like I'm rolling up in a 20 year old Lumina.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #24
Xedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
Buy it.
Either you're the General Manager of the dealership I'm talking about and your just trying to get rid of me or are you a fan of the mustang?
Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #25
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Buy it. The Boss will give you plenty of smile in the twisties and roadcourse and it isn't too shabby in the straight line either.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #26
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Nah man. Buy it. She's a mean machine.

If my zl1 order has fallen thru I'd have been debating between the boss and the gt500
Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #27
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedes View Post
Funny thing, one of the dealerships that's been putting me on the back burner is the SAME dealership that rolled out the red carpet for me when I brought my C6 to them (even though I bought it from another dealership). I pull up in the Camaro and I get treated like I'm rolling up in a 20 year old Lumina.
Well, funny thing they lost a future sale, my brother DID buy the CTS used, but it was of course still under the powertrain warranty. He was waiting for either the ATS or new gen CTS if he liked the current CTS and get a brand new one, needless say, isn't happening now.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #28
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Yeah those are worth a plugged nickle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az2ss View Post
in b4 brandon @chevy customer service apologizes

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior