Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #57
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Seriously stieger? I dont want to look at that crap every time I check my mirror. I would hope for $600 they would be flawless.
I understand that, if I wasn't happy my mirrors I'd let AAC know and give them the chance to fix it. But what I'm saying is, how often (with your OEM mirrors) do you look behind the mirror?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #58
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
In my opinion, it's unfinished whether you can see it or not. That is part of what quality and product integrity is. I'm not an AAC hater, I plan on buying more of their products one day. But for close to $700 for painted mirrors, I would expect there to be absolutely no chance of an unpainted section to be seen without disassembling.

I run an air conditioning company, and I require my employees to do a clean install on ductwork, wiring, and refrigerant lines. It's all hidden above the ceiling, behind walls, etc. But clean and finished almost always prevents workmanship issues.

Again, just my opinion.

Rob

Last edited by AirManFL; 09-29-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: grammar...doh
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #59
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I understand that, if I wasn't happy my mirrors I'd let AAC know and give them the chance to fix it. But what I'm saying is, how often (with your OEM mirrors) do you look behind the mirror?
Actually I cant see behind my OEM mirrors however these you clear see behind them and it would bother me seeing unfinished plastic. Just my opinion.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #60
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
I cant really see behind the OEM mirrors because the glass fills the space. Even if I did look, the OEM mirrors are completely painted before assembly. But based on the picture of these concept mirrors, it looks like you dont have to look behind the mirror. If the non painted areas are visible when driving, I would not be happy with this product.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #61
The Stig

Quote:
I cant really see behind the OEM mirrors because the glass fills the space. Even if I did look, the OEM mirrors are completely painted before assembly. But based on the picture of these concept mirrors, it looks like you dont have to look behind the mirror. If the non painted areas are visible when driving, I would not be happy with this product.
I've had the concept mirrors since Fest and I have yet to see behind the mirror while driving. I mean when you're driving you're what, 3 feet from the driver's side side mirror and 5 feet from the passenger's side side mirror? The OP had to get with a foot of the mirrors and look at them from just the right angle to see behind the mirror.

I'm sure if the OP isn't happy with his mirrors he can return them, I mean he hasn't installed them yet. It'll make somebody on the waiting a pretty happy camper.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #62
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Steiger, I have a question... You have AAC sidemarkers yes? Do the LEDs in your mirrors match the LEDs in your markers?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #63
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
I've had the concept mirrors since Fest and I have yet to see behind the mirror while driving. I mean when you're driving you're what, 3 feet from the driver's side side mirror and 5 feet from the passenger's side side mirror? The OP had to get with a foot of the mirrors and look at them from just the right angle to see behind the mirror.

I'm sure if the OP isn't happy with his mirrors he can return them, I mean he hasn't installed them yet. It'll make somebody on the waiting a pretty happy camper.
Well, im not expecting them to completely paint them at this point. But I will install them first, and then asses the quality.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #64
The Stig

Quote:
Steiger, I have a question... You have AAC sidemarkers yes? Do the LEDs in your mirrors match the LEDs in your markers?
They match the front (amber) side markers.

Let us know how the install goes. I think mine took 30 minutes ish to install. Not hard at all. Just remember to hook the interior door handle back up when you put the door panel back on. Don't ask me why I always double check that now
Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #65
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
I thought moderators are suppose to be fair and impartial, to both vendors and members. The members have spoken and the OP has every right to post his statements. Stop insulating the vendor...it makes it look like you are in their pockets and have no compassion for the people that makes this site work...the members.
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #66
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
They match the front (amber) side markers.

Let us know how the install goes. I think mine took 30 minutes ish to install. Not hard at all. Just remember to hook the interior door handle back up when you put the door panel back on. Don't ask me why I always double check that now
lol, ill be sure to remember that.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #67
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Funny how AAC always blames it on shipping. I would ask for the pre photos they took of your product to be shown. No way if package properly this would happen. I would expect for 700 these would come painted on every surface. Cutting corners if you ask me.

So again AAC what's up??
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #68
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDH View Post
I thought moderators are suppose to be fair and impartial, to both vendors and members. The members have spoken and the OP has every right to post his statements. Stop insulating the vendor...it makes it look like you are in their pockets and have no compassion for the people that makes this site work...the members.
Members do have the right to post their comments, reviews, experiences, with vendors - I'm not stopping the OP (or anyone else from doing that). No posts have been deleted, nor will any posts be deleted.

I'm not in anyone's/any vendor's "pockets" as saying, I'm giving my opinion on the mirrors. Ive had my mirrors since Fest and the unpainted inside housing has never been an issue for me, because I never see it. Out of sight out of mind right as the saying goes.

My comment about the OP returning was not meant to sound harsh or callous. I simply stating that if he is unhappy with the product he received then he should return it. And it annoys when I see all the these about member's complaining about a vendor's product before they've given the vendor a chance to respond/correct the issue.

If you look in all of the "AAC sucks" threads, and scroll to the end of the thread you'll see that AAC did whatever it took to make sure the customer, OP, was happy.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #69
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
They might fix it but my time is more precious than dealing with sub par products. Running back and forth and waiting just prolongs installs. Waste of gas and time. Just overall hassle

Problem is happening a lot lately with AAC
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #70
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
HMMMM I hope these vendors start reading these post and get there customer service together