Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #99
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Gotta love stuff going viral!!!!! this is amazing! hahaha

I hope this guy gets a new camaro, and I mean a ZL1 and it is paid off.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #100
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Josh is on his way back to the Ford dealer he worked at......
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #101
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
The law would have no basis since it is his private property. Same as setting up a recorder in your house. In most states only one party needs to know about the recording and that includes the person recording said information. Who is to say he didn't have note on the back seat saying he was recording?
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #102
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6

stieger put this lol
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #103
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
The law would have no basis since it is his private property. Same as setting up a recorder in your house. In most states only one party needs to know about the recording and that includes the person recording said information. Who is to say he didn't have note on the back seat saying he was recording?
Im not sure if his car qualifies, but I do know they have had several cases where a boyfriend recorded him and his girl having relations, without her knowing, then posted on the web. The one recording lost most of the time.

Not the same thing as far as personally intrusive, but do the courts see a difference?

And even when both parties consent to the recording but its posted to the net with only one persons consent, again it is illegal, Paris Hilton's case being one of the most famous.

So beyond the legality of recording it, was it illegal to post it?
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #104
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
Exactly, they state can't tell you not to run audio recodring devices in/on your own property. He had every right to record audio. I hope this dealership is out at least one brand new Camaro. The fact that they are countering him puts this guy in an even better predicament.

Plus, the whole "little guy vs. big company theory" where the company exhausts more resources and thus ends the dispute by default will never happen once this thing went viral. Every attorney worth his salt in South Carolina is drooling to represent this guy now. They'll foot the bill to recieve the potential pubicity and reward.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #105
awfarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Im not sure if his car qualifies, but I do know they have had several cases where a boyfriend recorded him and his girl having relations, without her knowing, then posted on the web. The one recording lost most of the time.

Not the same thing as far as personally intrusive, but do the courts see a difference?

And even when both parties consent to the recording but its posted to the net with only one persons consent, again it is illegal, Paris Hilton's case being one of the most famous.

The big difference here is that this isn't about both parteis consenting. It's about the clear-cut evidence the audio provides to prove the dealership is screwing him and GM over.

It's no different than a surveillance system to protect your belongings in your house.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #106
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post

In this state the castle doctrine extends to your car. So I am sure the law allows you to have recording devices in your own car.

we don't have to have anything(permits,etc) at all to have firearms in our vehicles.

I highly doubt it is illegal to have recording devices in your own vehicle in SC.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #107
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
CAMARO abused by dealer....

It has made it to the National new media I couldnt find if anyone has posted about this yet. Now its time to see what this dealership will do ) This is the one where he recorded it. Them driving and talking about it...roasting the clutch
Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #108
awfarley

I didn't read the entire thread, but Yahoo linked the original thread on C5 to their page in the hyperlink "other Camaro owners". Tran should enjoy the added traffic for being linked in a national media headline
Old 10-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #109
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Just 3 other threads on this 2 have been closed
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254448
They merging them together i believe.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #110
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerss View Post
It has made it to the National new media I couldnt find if anyone has posted about this yet. Now its time to see what this dealership will do ) This is the one where he recorded it. Them driving and talking about it...roasting the clutch
No lawyers drive Camaros? Or, are they not going to comment?
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #111
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Even IF this dealer weasels or muscles their way out of this (and I hope they dont) their reputation is going to be screwed for a long time. Unless ALL of this somehow disappears from the web, if you google the dealers name, there will be at least 3-4 references to this incident on the first page, try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.

Last edited by Infinite-T; 10-09-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #112
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...152707580.html
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad dealer, best chevrolet, cc's whore thread, crooked technicians, dealer, dealer abuse, dey see me trollin, easley sc, fraud, issue solved? troll time!, josh, josh looper, shut up and troll, thrashed, torn up camaro, trollin with my homies, voice recorder, white camaro abused, yahoo article, zombie thread