Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #57
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by racebum View Post
You are not listening to what has been said before. I agree with 01pewterZ28, you're just on here trying to pick a fight. No where on this board have you heard me say how bad a drag car I have. I'm all about high speed and corners. If you want to go to a road course and run for 75 miles and run wide open, I'm all in. If you remember, I said I don't care about your opinion, my opinion is the only one that counts. And my opinion is that "you can't call it a car until it has a Hennessey logo on it". There will always be a faster car, but when you have a Hennessey you have a great start on it. Hennessey does first class work, does a lot of research and when there are big magazine shoot-outs, he is always on top. Here we go again, that's my opinion. We all have one. Talking about getting your hands dirty on your car....well, I just happen to have pictures of me helping install my 700. Hauled my car out and stayed and helped with the install. That is all I have to say about this. I'm done. You are not worth the effort.
I'm not worth the effort just because I said there are better cars out there and called you out on a statement you made. If you are such a car guy you would agree that there are plenty of other badass cars out there in the same "class" that "dont have a shiny badge". To say they arent real cars just because of "no badge" is like a slap in the face to all of the other builders and people that build them at home in the garage. The fact that you act like your opinion is the best and no one elses matters just goes to show how ignorant you are. Might want to lower your nose from the clouds a little bit.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #58
pantherbadger7
who dat

Drives: 2013 camaro ZL1 summit white
besides all the pillow fighting this is a pretty good thread, im curious about the zl1 800hp twin turbo package! im planning on buying a zl1 by christmas or march depending on if i can sell my ss for the price i want. i saw the hennessy website info on their tt kit for the zl1 and i want to know more... does anyone have it? how much is it? and are those numbers rwhp or crank? i want about 600-650rwhp from a twin turbo, and im kinda shopping around. input?
pantherbadger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #59
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbadger7 View Post
besides all the pillow fighting this is a pretty good thread, im curious about the zl1 800hp twin turbo package! im planning on buying a zl1 by christmas or march depending on if i can sell my ss for the price i want. i saw the hennessy website info on their tt kit for the zl1 and i want to know more... does anyone have it? how much is it? and are those numbers rwhp or crank? i want about 600-650rwhp from a twin turbo, and im kinda shopping around. input?
Those are crank numbers and I assume it will be very close to the same thing they do on the LS3 with turbos under the car. Nice package for sure.

I haven't seen one for the ZL1 built yet. Maybe you could be the 1st.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #60
Hennessey Performance

Drives: THE EXORCIST
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbadger7 View Post
Our HPE800 Twin Turbo system for the SS is incredible. We've built about a dozen of them and they make 700 rw hp on pump gas @ 10 psi boost. Email me and I would be glad to give you more details. john@hennesseyperformance.com

FYI, twin turbo systems are typically more complex and expensive to build and install. But the power delivery and performance is like nothing else.
Hennessey Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #61
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Bad ass for sure, Nice
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #62
Sweet Z

Drives: 2013 ZL-1
Quote:
The 600 has stall torque convertor and a 373 gear. There is not a lot of difference up to 50 mph, but after 50 the 700 has a lot more torque and power and the faster you go the more it shows up.
Just curious again, how did the stock ZL-1 compare to the HPE 600. They seem like they could be pretty similar, but I know that they could also feel considerably different....

Thanks!
2002 35th Anniversary SS
2010 2SS/RS Hennessey HPE600 Conversion
Sweet Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #63
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
This got me want to switch over to CTS-V land, http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...000-coupe.html
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #64
racebum

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Hennessey 700 Ashen Grey
To me the 600 is much more responsive and it does have more horsepower. As far as power between the stock ZL1 and the 600 there is no comparison...not similar at all. 600 will win every time. Didn't buy the ZL1 for the motor. It was going to Hennessey from day one. GM did a great job with the car. The ride, the handling and the suspension on the car is absolutely awesome. But, I know you guys have figured that out by now. It deals so well with the power. Like I have said before, I am all about high speed and corners. So.. In my opinion, the stock ZL1 doesn't compare in power with the 600 on the bottom end or top end. Remember, you can't call it a car until it has a Hennessey logo on it.
racebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #65
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
To me the 600 is much more responsive and it does have more horsepower. As far as power between the stock ZL1 and the 600 there is no comparison...not similar at all. 600 will win every time. Didn't buy the ZL1 for the motor. It was going to Hennessey from day one. GM did a great job with the car. The ride, the handling and the suspension on the car is absolutely awesome. But, I know you guys have figured that out by now. It deals so well with the power. Like I have said before, I am all about high speed and corners. So.. In my opinion, the stock ZL1 doesn't compare in power with the 600 on the bottom end or top end. Remember, you can't call it a car until it has a Hennessey logo on it.
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #66
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I'm still trying to come up with the scratch for an SS. That thing is pure fantasy land for us RS-V6 drivers.
No way. It's for more reachable then you think.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #67
Sweet Z

Drives: 2013 ZL-1
Quote:
Very cool, and that is great information, thanks! I'm seriously looking at a ZL-1 right now and wondered how it would stack up.

All, speaking of which...I was looking at a ZL-1 at a non-local dealer and it had the MyLink system in it. But it did NOT have the GPS map on it yet. They told me that the navigation maps would not be available until next year. Is that true?

Thanks!
2002 35th Anniversary SS
2010 2SS/RS Hennessey HPE600 Conversion
Sweet Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #68
justindewoody

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtar41 View Post
It's nothing personal, nor am i wanting to pick a fight. I just said its a pretty bold statement to say "its not a real car unless it has a hennessy badge on it" when there are tons of other cars out there that are much more badass. To make such a statement is ignorant considering hes supposed to be a car guy. Im a chevy guy and have tons of respect for cars of all power levels and makes. Its like saying "my car is the coolest thing ever because i sent it to a performance shop to do the work for me and just paid the bill, everyother car out there is garbage because they dont have this special badge".

When in reality there are so many other badass cars out there that people have built. It just shows that he thinks his car is god when, yes its a nice car but its not the car to end all. I have tons more respect for the people like myself who actually DO all of their own work rather then pay someone else to do it. People like myself have a connection with their vehicle that most do not understand. If your hands arent dirty, its not your car. IMO. And thats all I really have to say about it.
+1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
justindewoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #69
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Z View Post
Very cool, and that is great information, thanks! I'm seriously looking at a ZL-1 right now and wondered how it would stack up.

All, speaking of which...I was looking at a ZL-1 at a non-local dealer and it had the MyLink system in it. But it did NOT have the GPS map on it yet. They told me that the navigation maps would not be available until next year. Is that true?

Thanks!
The 2013's come with the MyLink standard. The Nav portion however is a seperate option.
From what I understand, the Nav option cannot be easily added at a later time. If you want the Nav, order the car with it to begin with.

I know that the Nav option was on constraint for a while, but I don't know if it's still on constraint.

Perhaps that's what the dealer was referring to.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #70
justindewoody

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
The Nav option is no longer on constraint. I have several 2013s here with the Nav in it. They just came in this week.
justindewoody is offline   Reply With Quote