Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #29
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Thank your lucky stars that you were not in a parking lot back when I was an evil teenager. My friends and I had all kinds of fun times by going out to a parking lot, and setting a shopping cart in front of my car... then I'd accelerate, and get that thing up to 20, 30, even 40 MPH, depending on the size of the parking lot. Hit the brakes, and watch a 40 MPH shopping hit a curb or a wall. Occasionally, it would tumble before self- destructing, but often, it simply disintigrated upon impact. Hey, we were teens, in a town where drinking was about all there was to do... never hit a car, but came damn close a few times. Yes, I've had 25 years to seek atonement for my sins.
Only one? Where was your vision, LOL. We used to push a stack of 20 or so and do the same thing. The carnage was a site to behold. I'd kill one of my kids if they got caught doing that, just like my dad would've killed me.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #30
mamissah

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS and ZX6R
i usually par near the garden section there always less traffic there for some reason
mamissah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #31
45SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS
Now that I have had time to think about it, maybe my ex-wife was lurking in the shadows, saw me and her replacement (current wife) getting out and walking away. She know how I am with my cars! Yup, if in doubt, blame the ex...... I know!!!!
45SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #32
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
If something happens in a parking lot, people just get the hell outta there, they dont stick around to atone for it. Just last week my truck was hit at the parking lot at my school in the rear DS fender, when i wasnt there. Pretty badly, too. The school cant do anything cause they dont have cameras where i have to park. I figure it was a small red truck(cause of where it hit and the color of the paint that was left), but other than that, im on my own. and i dont have collision insurance, cant afford it. But now my new truck, which had no problems/dents, no major scratches, nothing big wrong with it at ALL, has a big dent in the back. Moral of the story, people suck.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #33
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
I think it is parking lots in general...

THIS!!!

I went for sushi....no Wally World in sight....some kids...I assume....threw/rolled a damn shopping cart into the front bumper of my car. It was only a month old....they are lucky I didn't find them! People just suck!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #34
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
peopleofwalmart.com

nuff said !!!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #35
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I think the key is that parking waaaay out in BumFEgypt makes you look like a huge tool no matter how you look at it. I usually park away from others but not so far away that I get tired from the walk. When people park that far away it is clear they don't want attention and sadly the world is full of @$$holes that will give you just that.

I've parked my car any and everywhere you can imagine and I frequent Target and other shopping centers and never had one of these horror stories.

The only ding I ever recieved was from a co-worker a week after I got my car.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #36
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I've thrown a cart at somebody's car when they just left it and got in their car not caring about what happens to it. He was parked far out for the same reason but it rolled and I stopped it from hitting my car and showed him what happens when he is lazy.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #37
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Im a little OCD about my car and I know it. Never sees a wally world parking lot. I only take it to large parking lots, way in the back, uphill, & never out of my site for longer then 15 mins. Mine was vandalized when I lived in an apt waiting for a garage. It was parked under a well lit carport yet still managed to get 1k worth of rock damage. Now shes safe in a garage. Im lucky in the fact that its not my dd and I can do this.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #38
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I have to take my 45th to Walmart since it's the only thing I own...

Looks like I'm going to start shopping at Target now!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #39
10CamaroIOM
Loves All Muscle Cars

Drives: 1997 Silverado Z71
For some odd reason, people get really, really jealous when they see something that they like, and can't have, and for some reason many people tend to want to destroy it. For example, I drive a 97 Silverado in pretty much "perfect" condition, I have a friend with a 96 that is nice as well. Someone in a beat up Sonoma slammed his door 5 times in the side of his truck and made a nice mess of damage. People seem to hate others with nice things, it would be hard for me to drive such a nice car as a Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger and leave it unattended with such rude, hateful, disrespectful people. The key to it most mof the time is all Jealousy.
10CamaroIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #40

Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
I parked my POS beater in the far end of the lot. When I came out, another POS was parked next to me...
Old 11-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #41
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
thats why I rather take my chances parking next to other "updated" cars. Parking away from everyone is just asking for it.
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #42
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
If you can own a Camaro SS, why shop at a Wal Mart? It's for loser, if that's all they can afford. OPPS did I just say that, well I TOO shop at Wal Mart, can not lie. Michael in Virginia
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote