Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #43
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
Cool, I'll stand by for results too then. I'm interested to see what the numbers are. OP you should look at your AFR and knock too when you're doing the tests. We can make the cars make a bit more power by running them lean but it's not good long term.
For what its worth....on the All gens Camaro Arizona car forum I found a thread where a member did find better results with the IPF tune as compared on the dyno to Trifecta. I quoted this in the IPF thread in the Sponsors section here in the V6 Bolt ons Tunes area. You can see exactly what the person said.

I agree that its not really just speculation, but according to what we are being told, this tune sounds like the equivalent to what you guys are seeing with the LFX which is pretty good stuff.

Is it true?? We hope to find out soon.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #44
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
Cool, I'll stand by for results too then. I'm interested to see what the numbers are. OP you should look at your AFR and knock too when you're doing the tests. We can make the cars make a bit more power by running them lean but it's not good long term.
Yes that it my reasoning behind the hard numbers on each tune. Going to the track on black friday confirmed at Atco to get 1/4 mile times aswell as going on the dyno the following day to get a whp with my mods with trifecta, then time to test. Not trying to cause a debate on what tune is better. Just going to get concrete facts on each tune.

Thanks!

Matt
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #45
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
I've had no problem getting ahold of Jesse at IPF and talking for combined hours. Vince of trifecta on the other hand I didn't hear from even after 10 phone calls and almost a dozen emails. I gave up. Plus. IPF IMO is far superior at tuning the Bosch Ecu.

Last edited by MrGood; 11-15-2012 at 08:53 PM.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #46
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Sounds like a great time for you Black Friday folks!

67...any luck yet?
Yes, success! Just loaded the tune, short drive, car feels good. A more spirited drive in the morning.

Just opened my first Sam Adams Winter Lager. No more driving today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
Dammit . . . subscribed! I really want to hear how this tune stacks up - it is a "canned" tune right?

GTO you were currently running Hypertech if I remember correctly before the IPF tune?
Yes, already being used by somene local here.

I had no problem with the Hypertech. Very easy to use for someone looking for a mild tune with great options especially if your an auto.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #47
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
Yes, success! Just loaded the tune, short drive, car feels good. A more spirited drive in the morning.

Just opened my first Sam Adams Winter Lager. No more driving today.
Any initial impressions? I think you can tell we're anxious

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #48
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Any initial impressions? I think you can tell we're anxious
Car runs like a raped ape!!! lol. The car has been running very nice before the tune especially with this great cool air so hard to tell on my short drive after the tune.

I'll find out more after some runs at Atco in the coming weeks. I have a nice base line from last year at this time.

I did 5 runs then and averaged 13.5 flat with a best of 13.45. Conditions should be about equal.

It won't be completly equal because I've added the 3/8" VMax spacer, MACE ported IM & Plenum spacer along with IPF tune replacing the Hypertech tune since then.

We shall see.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
Old 11-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #49
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Quote:
Car runs like a raped ape!!! lol. The car has been running very nice before the tune especially with this great cool air so hard to tell on my short drive after the tune.

I'll find out more after some runs at Atco in the coming weeks. I have a nice base line from last year at this time.

I did 5 runs then and averaged 13.5 flat with a best of 13.45. Conditions should be about equal.

It won't be completly equal because I've added the 3/8" VMax spacer, MACE ported IM & Plenum spacer along with IPF tune replacing the Hypertech tune since then.

We shall see.
Nice runs. I cant drive so im hoping for high 13's.
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #50
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:

We shall see.

I have a feeling this may not be as an accurate comparision as many were hoping for, knowing that this year you have now added the above in bold.

Good luck at ATCO, I know you will run well there. As you usually do.

I will be waiting to hear the results and your final opinion of this new tune.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #51
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ssx2 View Post
I cannot speak for IPF but I can say Vince at Trifecta is wonderful to work with. I have a 2009 Cobalt SS Turbo that I have two different tunes for from Vince. I installed the regular tune for "normal driving" 22psi, 93oct. and one for the drag strip that runs pure Iowa sweet corn. I have had the tunes on my car for 60k with no issues.

I also bought the tactrix cable so I could add or delete the tunes as needed. I also can data log, check and reset codes off of my laptop.
Yeah. I trust Vince too. I like all the break throughs he did with the LSJ, and LNF. is he still in Maryland?
Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #52
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
I have a feeling this may not be as an accurate comparision as many were hoping for, knowing that this year you have now added the above in bold.

Good luck at ATCO, I know you will run well there. As you usually do.

I will be waiting to hear the results and your final opinion of this new tune.
Oh I agree that's why I listed them but I never had a Trifecta tune so no comparison for me anyway.

It will be interesting to see if ALL my new mods including the IPF tune can get me some better times.

New PB or bust. lol

Last edited by 67 GTO; 11-16-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #53
KMPrenger

I agree that comparing your times with last years will not be a good measure of the tune since you have other mods. But after you get more drive time in hopefully you will notice the car running even stronger and you can let us know.....pretty please lol.

As far as your 1/4 mile runs, I hope you can erase another few 10ths and get into the low 13s. That would be spectacular considering we haven't seen even the SC'd cars get under a 12.9. (well...there was sycraft and his 12.1 run, but he said the rest of the night he was running 12.9s or so and maybe on that one the system reported the times incorrectly)
Old 11-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #54
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I agree that comparing your times with last years will not be a good measure of the tune since you have other mods. But after you get more drive time in hopefully you will notice the car running even stronger and you can let us know.....pretty please lol.

As far as your 1/4 mile runs, I hope you can erase another few 10ths and get into the low 13s. That would be spectacular considering we haven't seen even the SC'd cars get under a 12.9. (well...there was sycraft and his 12.1 run, but he said the rest of the night he was running 12.9s or so and maybe on that one the system reported the times incorrectly)
Well if time allows, I could make some runs then take out the IPF tune and run the stock file with the listed new bolt ons. Maybe a better comparison?

Oh wait, I ran with the Hypertech last year and not available now. lol

Way much more than I concern myself with.

Just having fun.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #55
KMPrenger

Don't go through any more trouble than you want...its not that huge of a deal that we have to make it a pain in the behind for you lol.

Hope to see more of yours and others impressions soon.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #56
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
I agree...........go have fun and enjoy the runs. WE are all still interested in seeing what you can knock out.

I will be at the track on Sunday and am trying some smaller lighter drag radials to see what those will do for me.

Good Luck.