Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
zslewis

Drives: 2010 TT Camaro SS
Venting

I will preface this with the fact that i will not put the companies name out there but be careful of where you send your car.

Is it really that hard for shops to keep people that pay about 10k informed on whats going on with their car. Especially when they have had it for 4 months. I call, email and text and get little response and then get a BS excuse of what the hold up is. This is absurd especially when they tell me that it will take 3 weeks from pick up. When was in the beginning of AUGUST.

I have even drove 355 mi round trip to see what the hold up was 3 weeks ago and you were JUST STARTING the FABRICATION process. I just dont understand why you tell someone it will be ready in a certain time line and then not keep to that timeline. Even if you doubled the time that is still only a month and a half. ITS BEEN 4 MONTHS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

To the company who has my car. If you read this, please treat future customers better, stick to your timelines and keep them informed of whats going on. If you have a hold up set a realistic time frame and stick with it.

I have been told 4 times that i will be getting my car back and I still dont have it back... And know for a fact that it is not completed. Since they told me earlier that they are trying to finish it...

END RANT/VENT Session thank you and have a good day...

Zach
zslewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
To be fair, I think you should name the company since others maybe considering doing business with them also. And being aware of their customer service is important.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
my guess is its a vendor on here and this is a way to indirectly yell at them, maybe a little bit of threat that the name will be released, more than an information to the masses type thread.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
zslewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
my guess is its a vendor on here and this is a way to indirectly yell at them more than an information to the masses type thread.....
basically

Zach
Old 12-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Did you pay up front? If not why is your car still there?
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
zslewis

paid 3/4s up front and rest has been paid in full.

they needed 3/4s up front to pay for the parts

Zach
Old 12-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zslewis View Post
I will preface this with the fact that i will not put the companies name out there but be careful of where you send your car.

Is it really that hard for shops to keep people that pay about 10k informed on whats going on with their car. Especially when they have had it for 4 months. I call, email and text and get little response and then get a BS excuse of what the hold up is. This is absurd especially when they tell me that it will take 3 weeks from pick up. When was in the beginning of AUGUST.

I have even drove 355 mi round trip to see what the hold up was 3 weeks ago and you were JUST STARTING the FABRICATION process. I just dont understand why you tell someone it will be ready in a certain time line and then not keep to that timeline. Even if you doubled the time that is still only a month and a half. ITS BEEN 4 MONTHS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

To the company who has my car. If you read this, please treat future customers better, stick to your timelines and keep them informed of whats going on. If you have a hold up set a realistic time frame and stick with it.

I have been told 4 times that i will be getting my car back and I still dont have it back... And know for a fact that it is not completed. Since they told me earlier that they are trying to finish it...

Without naming the company your rant is useless. And I'm not trolling
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Save someone else the headache you're going thru by naming the shop. You reallyhave nothing to lose at this point.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #9
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:

With the understanding that delay's can often happen and I'm not sure what work is being done to your car but it is common to run into unforeseen difficulties. However the most aggravation caused isn't the delay's but the lack of communication, it is a slap in the customer's face especially when work takes as long as you are describing so your justified to say the least.

It is kind of hard though to take this thread more seriously if you don't mention what shop it is. Most people here would like to know so they don't give an establishment whose reputation is in question their business. Your word and what happened counts and that is one of the reasons many visit forum's like this one. It's not a mistake on your part and you'd probably get more help.

It's of course up to you.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
zslewis

I will give you a location to avoid how bout that... Dont send your car to Dallas Ga

Zach
Old 12-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #11
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
paid 3/4s up front and rest has been paid in full.

they needed 3/4s up front to pay for the parts
That was wrong to pay up front. Shop has your money, all incentive to complete work on time and agreed to is eliminated.
Never pay anything until the work is done. Shop has your car and they will keep it until you pay.
Needing your money to pay for your parts is total BS.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #12
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
The shop he is referring to doesn't have it all together! There are others that have had problems with them also!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #13
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
If they need money up front to get parts that is a problem that I would walk away from. If they don't have the money to get parts then they are probably a shady shop in the first place. I could see maybe half up front but that would be all I would give them. Then you say you gave them the rest of the total them. CRAZY!!!
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
The shop he is referring to doesn't have it all together! There are others that have had problems with them also!
If there are known problems with the shop, it should be named for the sake of other owners.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote