Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #57
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 Monster View Post
this thread is stupid
Thanks for your valuable information, but it wasn't helpful.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:19 AM   #58
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
I'm averaging 19.4 MPG in my '13 2SS M6 according to the display. That's a mix of about 70% city to 30% highway driving (at 75-80). The Acura I came from was averaging less than 18mpg so I'm doing better in that regard and having way more fun.
Dupree878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #59
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, thanks for your opinion . I have heard people complain at every Camaro gathering I've been to. Do a search and you will find several threads. Here are some thread titles that will help you do a search:

Better MPG?

Driving a Camaro SS stick for the best city MPG

why is my mpg so bad?

14.5 mpg does anybody else have this low number

13-14 MPG average conservative driving.

Bad MPG

Those are concerns of lower MPG of what was stated by GM, everyone's driving habits are different, and we all know depending on where you live and what time of year it is will vary as well. I still don't see bitching. And I'm not going to go through every thread to seek it out. If one was seeking a car with good MPG they should of been looking at a four banger Honda or better yet a Prius..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #60
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
I think that many of those that ask about MPG or raise the issue are usually either concerned because they are getting less than what they felt they should be getting and are concerned that there may be something wrong with their car, or they are just simply trying to squeeze as much out of what they have for MPG and are looking for suggestions on how to do so. Regardless of what I'm driving, I'm (almost) always trying to squeeze as much MPG out of the vehicle as I can Just to see how high I can get it. Why not try to save a couple bucks?

What drives me crazy though is when people say, as the OP did, "If you are worried about milage, you should have gotten a V-6." To which I say BS. If you are worried about milage because you are having a hard time affording gas, you shouldn't have bought a camaro. The difference between the V-6 and V-8 on MPG is miniscule, and should not be a determining factor in purchasing the vehicle. Most V6 guys who post their milage are averaging typically only 1-2MPG better than I get with my convertible. 1-2 MPG is not a large enough difference to justify the purchase based on MPG... At least not in my world.
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #61
AntiPriuSS

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I dont get miles per gallon I get smiles per gallon and to be honest unless Im having a really bad day at the office Im always smiling in my SS. Even then it doesnt take me long to put a bad day into perspective and start smiling again in my SS.
AntiPriuSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #62
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
If im not driving my camaro, im driving a Silverado 4X4. My camaro is my economy car, no complaints. It gets good gas mileage. I just wish it had a 34 gal tank like my truck.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #63
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
You answered your own question. Not everyone that brought a SS share the same view as you do
Nice
Old 01-03-2013, 06:37 AM   #64
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
You know I just realized that mpg was the last thing on my mind. I never asked when I bought the car. I have the sticker and have looked at it a few times and I still dont know what it says in the fuel economy section. There were so many other reasons I bought the car and mpg doesnt even figure in.

Having said that do I wish it got 60 mpg, hell yeah
Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #65
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
If the tank's empty, I fill it up... Not bothered about the mpg. More bothered about the smiles it puts on my face while driving it
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #66
Alvin@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 IOM RSS
Our Camaro's fuel mileage is really pretty good! We opt to take it for long trips just because of the mileage. Drive a head and cam Trailblazer SS for a while! That will make your Camaro feel like a hybrid! LOL
Alvin@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #67
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
I like to enjoy my SS, so for me the lower the better. This weeks avg: 13.3!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #68
Jason P

Drives: 2011 2ss
I love it when people try to conserve gas. It leaves more for me to burn.
2011 2ss Ram twin plate ceramic clutch, Texas speed 418 LS3 235 /243 .621 / .624 cam, ported and polished heads with dual springs,magnum push rods, Hotchkis race pack, Stainless Power long tube headers with no cats, Magna Flo competition exhaust, lpe fuel pump, magnuson supercharger with overdrive and port matched blower plate, IW 8 rib pullies, AEM meth kit, id 850 injectors, 3 bar map, halltech cai, zl1 rear diff
Jason P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #69
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
The only thing I'll complain about is any mod that claims to improve mileage. You can put an intake, exhaust, long tubes, whatever on a car to make it more efficient but once you make it sound better the mileage is gonna drop!

Because we love the sound so much we all drive around in first gear with a full permagrin!!!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #70
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
complaining? you may have a point. asking about it? what's wrong with that?!? you want a car that goes fast and you like the look of the Camaro so you buy an SS. It goes fast and you're perfectly willing to pay for said gas. However, there are times when you're not driving for pleasure and perhaps you're stuck in traffic or on your daily commute. If there was some way to reduce your fueling costs and leave yourself with more money for mods, why not investigate that? you mad bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 Monster View Post
this thread is stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Thanks for your valuable information, but it wasn't helpful.

I found it VERY helpful. woulda been even more helpful if it was the first response. woulda saved a lot of people a lot of time.