Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #1905
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
That is a beautiful looking '74!!! My first car was a '73 LT w/Z28 package! Hope you can make it down our way for a show or some meets! Heartland Camaro Club in Wichita is open to all generations of Camaros not just 5th gens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74 Camaro C-2 View Post
Post up some pics of his car! I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see it

Well I haven't been able to make any of these meets but I plan to during the spring/summer if you guys don't mind! I know it's not a 5th gen but nobody with 2nd gens ever drive them... I know I've seen a few of you guys' cars around town when I'm back there (I'm going to college in manhattan right now) and I'm betting at least one of you guys have seen me driving around. If you guys ever see me around I'll be driving this '74 camaro!

TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #1906
KamikaZ28

Drives: Black 93 Z28
Hey everybody I was wondering if anyone knew of good mechanics/shops? I have a 93' Z28 but my baby needs a lot of work. She sat for a few years and ran ok for a few months last year but after several parts and depletion of money she has been stranded in my dad's driveway since. Really I can do all the work myself but figuring out what is wrong is apparently beyond my scope. Thank you.

*Edit - In Wichita. That may help as well.

Last edited by KamikaZ28; 01-25-2013 at 09:59 PM.
KamikaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #1907
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Quote:
Well I haven't been able to make any of these meets but I plan to during the spring/summer if you guys don't mind! I know it's not a 5th gen but nobody with 2nd gens ever drive them... I know I've seen a few of you guys' cars around town when I'm back there (I'm going to college in manhattan right now) and I'm betting at least one of you guys have seen me driving around. If you guys ever see me around I'll be driving this '74 camaro!
Good looking 74 indeed... I helped a friend build a 74 when I lived in Iowa to race. It is a good looking year in my eyes. If you ever decide to go with glass bumpers, VFN molded theirs off of his when we built it. We put their 70 nose on it though, so we didn't use the front.

The race car...
Name:  camarolaunch.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  65.6 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikaZ28 View Post
Hey everybody I was wondering if anyone knew of good mechanics/shops? I have a 93' Z28 but my baby needs a lot of work. She sat for a few years and ran ok for a few months last year but after several parts and depletion of money she has been stranded in my dad's driveway since. Really I can do all the work myself but figuring out what is wrong is apparently beyond my scope. Thank you.
Where you at in Kansas ?

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #1908
KamikaZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly1 View Post
Where you at in Kansas ?
Wichita.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #1909
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Quote:
Wichita.
What are the symptoms? Tracys automotive is a good shop, either location.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #1910
74 Camaro C-2

Drives: '74 Camaro 383 Stroker 4-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSS View Post
That is a beautiful looking '74!!! My first car was a '73 LT w/Z28 package! Hope you can make it down our way for a show or some meets! Heartland Camaro Club in Wichita is open to all generations of Camaros not just 5th gens!
Thank you!! I'd love to have an earlier model but they were too dang expensive. So I've been trying to make this a mean, clean looking '74! I'll see if I can make it down this summer for sure! Thanks for the invite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly1 View Post
Good looking 74 indeed... I helped a friend build a 74 when I lived in Iowa to race. It is a good looking year in my eyes. If you ever decide to go with glass bumpers, VFN molded theirs off of his when we built it. We put their 70 nose on it though, so we didn't use the front.
Thanks! Most people don't like the big bumpers but I don't think they're that bad. I don't think I'll do glass bumpers, but I do have plans to get new ones for my car without those ugly bumper guards on them. Nice lookin drag car though!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #1911
Superfly1

Quote:
Wichita.
I use Davis Moore Chevrolet for anything I can't handle. They have always been good to me on both my Camaro & Monte Carlo when i had it. Away from the dealership I have heard good things about Tracy's (got my wheels from them) and Auto Smart. Both have been recommended by our members. Make sure that they know from the start that you are just looking for the diagnostic service if you plan to do it yourself. Otherwise they may tear it apart trying to find out he problem and end up costing you more.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #1912
KamikaZ28

Lol I don't know what the heck is going on with this car. A friend of my uncle's "worked" on the car and it ended up at Firestone. The guy at Firestone seemed competent and was telling me something about the air pump being bad and constantly blowing its fuse. I drove the car home fine (Nov) and parked it (no tags/ins). Well I went to start it and she just didn't want to. The fuse was blown as he predicted it would. I swapped it out and she cranked til the battery died but no fire. Very heated I said eff it and returned the fuse to my other uncle's Prelude. Day before yesterday I decide since my taxes are coming soon lets poke around. We jumped the battery for a while and she started right up! Like wtf? Then I remember not even having a fuse in for the air pump... Does that make ANY sense? She's starting up easily now. BUT just playing with the throttle things sound off... I can slam the throttle to 3/4 and she revs up hard and as fast as 3/4 throttle should. WOT is different. She kind of pulls hard up to 4-4500rpm and then it sounds like a fuel cut out or missing or something.

On a side note I was told that the only good replacement optisparks are ACDelco and MSD. Accel and the others crap out? I can only assume considering firestone doesn't care to call and check on thing before they rip out a part installed 8 months earlier... Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #1913
Camarogirl84

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Post up some pics of his car! I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see it
Well, I can't figure out how to insert the photo, but I posted it to my profile. It's not a great pic, but the only one we really have of his car. Please excuse how awful I look in the photo, wasn't expecting to get caught on camera that day!

Camarogirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #1914
Superfly1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarogirl84 View Post
Well, I can't figure out how to insert the photo, but I posted it to my profile. It's not a great pic, but the only one we really have of his car. Please excuse how awful I look in the photo, wasn't expecting to get caught on camera that day!

Good looking car

Old 02-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #1915
midwest mcnasty
scottie v

Drives: 2012 2lt camaro iom rs package
Trying to get a group of us together to attend THE CHILL car and bike show in Park City Kansas (whichita) I know Ject and the HEARTLAND CAMARO CLUB members will be there. I plan on going on Feb.23rd. It is $12 to get in kids under 12 are free. Sat night Warrant is playing at 7pm. for more info look it up @ the chill car and bike event bartelproductions.com/chill. We could meet up and criuse there together. let me know who is interested.
midwest mcnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #1916
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest mcnasty View Post
Trying to get a group of us together to attend THE CHILL car and bike show in Park City Kansas (whichita) I know Ject and the HEARTLAND CAMARO CLUB members will be there. I plan on going on Feb.23rd. It is $12 to get in kids under 12 are free. Sat night Warrant is playing at 7pm. for more info look it up @ the chill car and bike event bartelproductions.com/chill. We could meet up and criuse there together. let me know who is interested.
Check out the video here!

Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #1917
Texas2SS
Vroom

Drives: Rarely
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest mcnasty View Post
Is there a pre registration or a deadline for this? Hoping to have the car back together by then and would like to make it out to this?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #1918
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas2SS View Post
Is there a pre registration or a deadline for this? Hoping to have the car back together by then and would like to make it out to this?
Pre registration ends Feb 9th! After that you will have to wait and register at the door. I wouldn't wait, its filling fast! Also, as a reminder, if you are planning to show you must be in and parked between 10am & 10pm Friday the 22nd. Also please remember, your car will sit there until Sunday after the awards around 4pm. Overnight security is provided, I have never heard of any issues.

Please visit http://www.bartelproductions.com/ for info and registration forms.

Tags
kansas, kansas city, wichita