Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #57
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELE1 View Post
Suddenly I don't feel so alone anymore....
Misery loves company I guess.
We picked our car up last week after having 3 of the injectors replaced....(just turned 9000 miles this weekend) so far-so good... no check engine light yet this week!! woo-hoo
Nice, did they re-flash it?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #58
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
i was throwing a p0305 code, cylinder 5 misfire. I cleared the code in EZFLASH, its been a week so far, with temperatures in the 20's and 30's all week. Tonight I start my car getting ready to leave work, and what do ya know, the check engine light is back. I just ran EZFLASH and I am getting P0300, P0302, P0304 AND P0306 CODES, plus BANK1 1 SENSOR 1 and BANK 2 Sensor 1 codes.....

I do have a trifecta tune...question is, if I flash my car back to stock, bring it to the dealer to have the updated flash, I need to then upload the trifecta tune. Wont the trifecta tune override the dealer flash?

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:07 AM   #59
STEELE1

Drives: 2012 CHEVY CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
Nice, did they re-flash it?
I'm not sure, he picked it up before I got off of work. I talked to GM yesterday and they are going to call me back on Wednesday (1 week after the repairs) to make sure everything is still OK (no check eng light). I would strongly suggest to anyone that is having this problem to call GM if you haven't already (1-866-790-5700) and get a case #. I have every phone call documented along with peoples names. Maybe the squeaky wheel will get some grease this time!
STEELE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #60
WildL16

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
My car is getting cylinder misfire codes also. I originally got it about 2 months ago and I reset it with my OBDII reader and it never came back. The car was starting fine so I figured it may just be bad gas.

Yesterday the check engine light came on again when I started it in the morning (didn't notice it running rough or anything), so I decided I would take it up to the dealer to see what they had to say about the codes. They called me after having the car for about 2-3 hours and told me that they will need to take off the intake manifold to see what is wrong and that will take approximately 4-5 hours to check, and that this will not be covered by power train warranty (currently at 42k miles so no bumper to bumper) because they state that the spark plugs and injectors etc are not the engine (quoted me around $500 to check whats wrong). I know enough to know the manifold does not need to come off to check the spark plugs so I told them not to touch it and I picked it up. Are they just trying to screw me for some money - and would this really not be covered under power train? I reset the code and will give it time to see if it doesn't come back like last time.
WildL16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #61
2011 SS SLP ZL427

Drives: 2011 SS ZL427
If my check engine light came on and mine was a V6 and they told me there was a misfire in cylinder 8, I would have told them I have an emergency and need to leave and got them immediately away from the car LOL
2011 SS SLP ZL427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #62
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildL16 View Post
My car is getting cylinder misfire codes also. I originally got it about 2 months ago and I reset it with my OBDII reader and it never came back. The car was starting fine so I figured it may just be bad gas.

Yesterday the check engine light came on again when I started it in the morning (didn't notice it running rough or anything), so I decided I would take it up to the dealer to see what they had to say about the codes. They called me after having the car for about 2-3 hours and told me that they will need to take off the intake manifold to see what is wrong and that will take approximately 4-5 hours to check, and that this will not be covered by power train warranty (currently at 42k miles so no bumper to bumper) because they state that the spark plugs and injectors etc are not the engine (quoted me around $500 to check whats wrong). I know enough to know the manifold does not need to come off to check the spark plugs so I told them not to touch it and I picked it up. Are they just trying to screw me for some money - and would this really not be covered under power train? I reset the code and will give it time to see if it doesn't come back like last time.
Do the things mentioned above then contact the dealer about the misfire re-flash. Should be free, if not go to another dealer.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #63
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We apologize for the frustrations. Please let us know how the rest of the service appointment goes for you. We are here at your convenience.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
OP make sure you PM the name of the dealer over to Brandon so he can send out the Slap Machine..

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #64
2011 SS SLP ZL427

Drives: 2011 SS ZL427
If theres carbon on the valves that should show up during a compression check on the cylinders the cylinder thats misfiring will have lower numbers, im surprised they didnt do that test its one of the easiest to verify if the valves arent sealing properly.
2011 SS SLP ZL427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #65
STEELE1

Well well well... what do ya know... the CHECK ENG LIGHT is back on AGAIN !! I talked to GM yesterday and the car was running fine since they replaced 3 of the injectors. Made ANOTHER appointment with the dealership to have it checked AGAIN !!! I wonder if GM monitors this web site?!?! If not, maybe they should!! This is complete BS !!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #66
Caswell239

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
They do his name is Brandon. He's gm customer Service. He's around somewhere.
Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #67
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildL16 View Post

WildL16,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I would be happy to look into this further for you. In order to proceed, please PM me the following information: your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN and the name and city of your dealer.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis (assisting Brandon)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #68
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELE1 View Post
Well well well... what do ya know... the CHECK ENG LIGHT is back on AGAIN !! I talked to GM yesterday and the car was running fine since they replaced 3 of the injectors. Made ANOTHER appointment with the dealership to have it checked AGAIN !!! I wonder if GM monitors this web site?!?! If not, maybe they should!! This is complete BS !!
let me know what codes it is throwing

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #69
BUZZY

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE CAMARO
TO LOUIS AT CHEVY CUSTOMER SERVICE , I HAVE 2010 2LT /RS SILVER CERITIFIED PRE OWNED IT HAD 18,300 WHEN I GOT IT NOV 18 2011 , FIRST CEHCK ENGINE LIGHT JAN 2012 ( COMPUTER UPDATE REFLASH ) JAN 2013 ( SPARK PLUG /COIL CYLINDER 4 ) 80 MILES LATER BACK AT DEALER ( DECARBINIZED ) FEB 2013 VEHICAL BACK AT DEALER ( ALDEN BUICK GMC WHALER WAY FAIRHAVEN MASS ) NOW MY 3.6 LLT V6 IS COMPLETELY APART ( SERVICE MANAGER SAID GM IS REPLACING HEADS AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE WHY NOT A LONG BLOCK ) THE VEHICLE HAS 25000 MILES I TREAT IT LIKE A BABY I ONLY DROVE IT 7000 MILES SINCE I BOUGHT IT THANK GOD IT WAS A CERTIFIED PREOWNED AND I HAVE THE EXTENED WARRENTY ( OR I WOULD BE EATING THIS ) I TRADED A 2004 JEEP LIBERTY ( NEVER A PROBLEM ) I PLANNED ON KEEPING THIS VEHICLE FOR A LONG TIME BUT NOW I AM NOT VERY HAPPY // GM SHOULD EXTEND MY BUMPER TO BUMPER AT LEAST ANOTHER YEAR ( BACK THERE REPAIR // THERE PRODUCT ) I PALN ON USING TOP TIER FUEL ONLY WHEN I GET IT BACK BUT SHOULD I TRUST IT ..OR TRADE IT ?? NOT VERY HAPPY IN NEW BEDFORD MASS
BUZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #70
STEELE1

To Not Very Happy In Mass..... I got an even better one for ya. We bought our car BRAND SPANKIN NEW in Oct 2012. On 1/15/13 we had the #5 coil replaced, 1/17 had to take it back CK ENG LT on, 1/21~1/25 car at the dealer - replacing ECM (control module), 1/30 CK ENG LT back on, 2/4 back to the dealer for Carbon Build UP on injectors - they cleaned and ordered new ones, 2/12 & 2/13 dealer replaced 1 - 3 & 5 injectors. Friday 2/22 CHECK ENG LT back on!!!!!!! I have to take back to the dealer tomorrow. ALL this crap in 1 month on a NEW CAR!! I couldn't imagine someone having to pay for all of that. We traded a sweet 2010 Mustang GT what a mistake!