Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
dkbmx993

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 6spdmanual
how to handle worst case track day scenario

I am curious as I know track season is approaching. what happens if you wreck on an open track day or instruction session? does insurance cover this? assuming probably not. can you just bring the car home assuming its not totalled and call insurance from home telling them you hit something while driving on the streets or do they require a police report?

what do you guys usually do for insurance? do you purchase track insurance?

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
dkbmx993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
You can attempt to go through insurance depending on the damage some scuffs and scratches maybe a few dents you'll be able to slide under the radar but any major body damage etc. they're going to ask what really happened and if you get towed your screwed. Tracks don't use track insurance generally atleast i havent seen that in the northeast they make you sign a waiver.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
dkbmx993

https://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/...e.aspx?pID=137

I know this is available at lime rock watkins glen pocono nhms etc.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
It's that potential why I stick to SCCA. Worst case scenario you run over a cone and get a scuff that you need to buff out.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
It's different by insurance company. I would never lie about this.
The insurance company I had in the past said that if it was a HPDE with no wheel to wheel racing then it was covered ....... once and only once.

Others say no way, no how would they cover it.
Most racers say if you can't afford to walk away from it, don't do it.

I drive to 80% of MY limit, not the cars. That way I have plenty of room and usually space to recover from my errors. That reduces the risk to some degree. There is always risk and the event and the way you drive makes all the difference.

For example, SCDA requires anyone they don't know to start in beginners group. You must go to class and you must have an instructor. Also, you cannot pass in the corners and only on certain straights. They encourage you to use point bys and ask theat you don't pass if you don't get one. (I have found that some are so focused they don't point you by so I pass them anyway when it's safe). These are the reasons some insurance covers it.

Even when you move up to intermediate and even advanced, there is classroom and I learn something every time. Now if I could just remember it all!

You can buy insurance for the track events but it is really expensive.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
quincy speeder

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I know for drag racing the track has to put in paperwork if a car crashes at there track. This is what the insurance company will get.

2008 C6, 427ci,YSI,mcleod clutch,Alky control, built tranny, custom fuel system. 985rwhp, best 1/4 -9.4 at 152mph. still trying to get the shifting down:(
quincy speeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
dkbmx993

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy speeder
I know for drag racing the track has to put in paperwork if a car crashes at there track. This is what the insurance company will get.
hmmm good to know. this all started when I read someones air bags deployed and they had to pay for it because gm would not cover it. and no this is not the drift video everyone has scene it was on a track with no drift. in this case the guy said he wishes he drove the car home and called the ins company. this got me thinking if one had an accident where the car was still operable would this also be possible.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
for the record ....your describing Insurance Fraud............
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
dkbmx993

oh that's what they call it