Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Was the CAI installed before or after the trifecta tune ? Was the tune done with a data log when you had the CAI installed, or was it a canned tune ?
The combination of what the car was tuned for and the addition of the cai can cause this.
Cleaning the MAF is never a bad thing if done right.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #16
Untouchable Keeve

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by booth8233 View Post
Just took my car into the shop. They said the stabili track, ac, and cel, running to rich are all on because of the cai I have installed. It is a a roto fab cai. I have looked around and no one else has had the same issue and they have told me that this cai won't throw no codes. Could the maf be a little dirty should I try cleaning it? Or is there something I can do fix this issue. Again my car goes into default mode and I get error after error. Gets annoying
Any help would work.
That's odd, I didn't get any codes when installed my rotofab, and I didn't even unhook the battery when installing it. I've only gotten the service stabilitrak light twice. Once when my car got towed, and the second was when a kid bumped it trying to turn his car around. In both cases my car was off, and its position was disturbed to some degree. I turned it off by hitting the TC button, and haven't seemed to have any problems since.
Untouchable Keeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #17
booth8233

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable Keeve View Post
That's odd, I didn't get any codes when installed my rotofab, and I didn't even unhook the battery when installing it. I've only gotten the service stabilitrak light twice. Once when my car got towed, and the second was when a kid bumped it trying to turn his car around. In both cases my car was off, and its position was disturbed to some degree. I turned it off by hitting the TC button, and haven't seemed to have any problems since.
Hmm yeah. I never had any issue until now. Throwing all sorts of codes. My last option is to clean the maf sensor with the spray. I'm going to contact roto fab and see if they have any other suggestions.

Mods soon: BBK Long tube headers w/ high flow cats, ported throttle body & Trifecta tune (ghost cam)
booth8233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #18
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by booth8233 View Post
Hmm yeah. I never had any issue until now. Throwing all sorts of codes. My last option is to clean the maf sensor with the spray. I'm going to contact roto fab and see if they have any other suggestions.
It is possible that when you installed the intake the MAF could of got something on it from the cai install. Spray it off and make sure you get the wire sensor good. It my act up when starting back up so dont trip out. Just crank it a few times then run it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III