Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #15
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Not sure why the taillights are such a surprise. Look at the progression of the late 60's Camaro vs what we are seeing now.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #16
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
Not sure why the taillights are such a surprise. Look at the progression of the late 60's Camaro vs what we are seeing now.
See, someone did a little extra leg work and now we see why. Great job man. They are staying with thier theme and I think that is a great thing,,,,doesn't mean I like the setup but I also have the car I want. Scott I will take a set of those new rims though,,,,,,,,,very nice job on your teams part.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #17
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
^^^
For me it's primarily the wrap around of the '14 tail lights. Almost all of the boring wheeled boxes I see on the road have wrap around lights.

I want the Camaro to be different as it is currently.

The Z/28 lights do look better than the new RS lights we were shown on the SS. If they were all like the Z/28 lights without wrap around I'd feel much better.

If they were still two on each side, I'd feel even better.

What I was hoping for was the current RS lights with the Hot Wheels edition bezels.

I'm also getting tired of the "Green Eggs and Ham" bit about you have to see them in person. Seeing them in person will not change the wrap around or single piece layout.

Last edited by intensifi; 03-30-2013 at 10:33 AM.
intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #18
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
Nothing against Scott... Im certain he's a great man but I don't think we should be sycophanticly flattering Scott for his comments.
Of course, everyone makes mistakes and Scott was aware of the unsalesmanlike tone of his reply. Someone was belittling his and his teams' hard work, so I get his reply; however, if it was a Chevrolet dealer who made the same remarks to a customer, we wouldn't be kissing up.

While we live in a country that defends everyone's right to speak their mind, some people will always have the responsibility, not to.
For those of you who don't understand the big word sycophinaticalling- A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.

I like to think of it as a sign of respect for someone who has made every attempt to placate the mutlitudes of attitudes on this and other sights, I personally do not begrudge him having a loose comment here and there after he gets beat up continually about his hard work..... as the old saying goes, cant be sycaophatnatlinlaying unless you work for the person. Other wise known as brown nosing, sucking up and a ton of other things. Now Scott give me a set of Z28 rims you are the greatest man in the world.....now I am sycoalickingating.

All in jest my ZL1 brother.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #19
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
^^^
For me it's primarily the wrap around of the '14 tail lights. Almost all of the boring wheeled boxes I see on the road have wrap around lights.

I want the Camaro to be different as it is currently.

The Z/28 lights do look better than the new RS lights we were shown on the SS. If they were all like the Z/28 lights without wrap around I'd feel much better.

If they were still two on each side, I'd feel even better.

What I was hoping for was the current RS lights with the Hot Wheels edition bezels.

I'm also getting tired of the "Green Eggs and Ham" bit about you have to see them in person. Seeing them in person will not change the wrap around or single piece layout.
I agree with the see in person deal as well,,,,,
Old 03-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #20
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkx250 View Post
I wonder if they changed the taillights on the Camaro because the 14 Stingray is now using them? I like the 10-13 taillights much better then the
14's.
Makes you wonder; but I like the new Z/28 tail lights.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #21
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
I dont like the new tail lights at all. I have said it from the first time it was revealed. What the Camaro has now is far better.

But on the positive side it will push me to order a 2013 ZL1 in the next month or so.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #22
BrazenBeast
ZL1 #1745

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO \ 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
For those of you who don't understand the big word sycophinaticalling- A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.

I like to think of it as a sign of respect for someone who has made every attempt to placate the mutlitudes of attitudes on this and other sights, I personally do not begrudge him having a loose comment here and there after he gets beat up continually about his hard work.....

I agree with this. Scott and team camaro have been taking a verbal beating from our online community in the last week when they are only trying to make a car true to it's roots instead of a watered down version as usually happens. It seems people outside of our little community are very excited about the car though. I think it shocked a lot of ZL1 people too because thier car is no longer the undisputed top street legal camaro.
2012 zl1 Black #1745 Black Wheels ECF Suede 6 spd

BrazenBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #23
Tommo

Drives: 2000 Silverado 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I see that you drive a Honda Element.

Do you own a Camaro?

Are you planning to purchase a new one?
I think the question should be WERE you planning to purchase a new one? I don't know how to petition the people at GM to change their minds about the new rear fascia so I will vote by not buying a new Camaro. I had plans to order a '14 ZL1. I think part of the reason that so many people who are fans of the 5th gen Camaro are having a problem with the taillights is that the taillights have become part of the signature of the car and such a dramatic change in the taillights is sacrilege.

I don't own a Camaro today but my first car was a Camaro. I still own a few Pontiac Trans Ams and my daily drivers are two Chevrolets. Pontiac made some nice looking taillights in its days. Maybe next time GM can get some inspiration from those cars.
Tommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #24
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
Nothing against Scott... Im certain he's a great man but I don't think we should be sycophanticly flattering Scott for his comments.
Of course, everyone makes mistakes and Scott was aware of the unsalesmanlike tone of his reply. Someone was belittling his and his teams' hard work, so I get his reply; however, if it was a Chevrolet dealer who made the same remarks to a customer, we wouldn't be kissing up.

While we live in a country that defends everyone's right to speak their mind, some people will always have the responsibility, not to.
Somehow I get the impression that you don't know Scott personally like many of us do.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #25
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
silverds...Sycophants, great word, haven't heard anyone use that in a long long time.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #26
Enough

Drives: 2013ZL1
Newly released automotive styling is something I have learned to resist passing judgment on too quickly. Automotive body designers are a team of very experienced and talented individuals. They have to create some new to keep interest in the product line. My first reaction to the 2014 tail lights is the same as many, I link them to something familiar, the earlier Acuras. That being said, I am separating out an element, the tail lights, and not taking the design as a whole into consideration. Seeing it in person on the road I can experience the full view perspective. Only after seeing many versions of the new style in all the colors can I fully feel if I actually like the new design.
An example of a design I judged too early was the new Mercedes Benz S500 (now 550) with the truck like flared fender arches. The S500 fender arches grew on me and I can now appreciate the style.
The add on Z28 flairs to me are more of a style concern than the tail lights but when I put them into the perspective that it is primarily a track car the form may follow the function.
I fully celebrate the the fact that Chevy, in todays restrictive environment, has brought so many cool models of the Camaro to production.

Last edited by Enough; 03-30-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #27
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough View Post
Newly released automotive styling is something I have learned to resist passing judgment on too quickly. Automotive body designers are a team of very experienced and talented individuals. They have to create some new to keep interest in the product line. My first reaction to the 2014 tail lights is the same as many, I link them to something familiar, the earlier Acuras. That being said, I am separating out an element, the tail lights, and not taking the design as a whole into consideration. Seeing it in person on the road I can experience the full view perspective. Only after seeing many versions of the new style in all the colors
can I fully feel if I actually like the new design.
An example of a design I judged too early was the new Mercedes Benz S500 (now 550) with the truck like flared fender arches. The S500 fender arches grew on me and I can now appreciate to style.
The add on Z28 flairs to me are more of a style concern than the tail lights but when I put them into the perspective that it is primarily a track car the form may follow the function.
I fully celebrate the the fact that Chevy, in todays restrictive environment, has brought so many cool models of the Camaro to production.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #28
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
in life things changes.. at first i didn't like the taillights on the camaro ss, and i won't like them better in the future.--until gen6?-

the Z/28 well..eh i did not fall in love with them either, but the more, that i look at them i.... kinda get to accept them getting use to them better way of telling it.. they are much better looking than the SS..

anyway if i have enough $$$$ .i would be having a Z/28 and while sitting in that seat couldn't care less of the back because, i'll be sitting in front.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote