Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #29
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
Now you need to see whether you have power or ground on the driver's side, connect one end of your test light to the positive terminal of the battery, turn on the turn signal and see if by touching one of the terminals in the light socket you can get your test light to work, if not, repeat the test but with the one end of your test light connected to ground, if you get the test light to work, note which terminal in the light socket made it work, then trace that wire through the wire harness and find where it is broken.

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #30
bubsy73

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by techinny View Post
Now you need to see whether you have power or ground on the driver's side, connect one end of your test light to the positive terminal of the battery, turn on the turn signal and see if by touching one of the terminals in the light socket you can get your test light to work, if not, repeat the test but with the one end of your test light connected to ground, if you get the test light to work, note which terminal in the light socket made it work, then trace that wire through the wire harness and find where it is broken.
Thank you!!! You have helped me with it and I ended up pulling all the wiring out of the hose and found that they had been spliced and repaired before and taped back together with duct tape. So I redid the spliced wires and used electrical tape and now it works! I haven't been this excited in a long time when it comes to this car and now I'm ready to put it all back together and break in the new 350 crate!
I really appreciate you and everyone else who have guided me with advice and suggestions to get me past this hurdle! Thank you so much!!
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #31
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
Glad I could explain it well enough to help, and glad it worked out for you!

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote