Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #449
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
i drive a automatic ....i dont care what you think....i could careless about peoples opinions on what i drive....kiss my@!## and %$^ off...........ok i think that covers it..no offence folks im just getting ready for the trash talk thats going to be running wild on the nhl playoff thread im going to start...or join soon....pens suck..philly sucks ..rangers suck....senators suck ..montreal sucks, washington sucks as well....i hope i havnt missed anyone lol

Last edited by rontammy0; 04-16-2013 at 05:58 PM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #450
HelloWorld

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Technology does not and cannot understand human interaction, so just because it exists does not automatically grant it "better" status than what it purports to replace. Better for hollow bragging rights, probably.
Cannot is a very strong word, I wouldn't wager on something like that never happening.

We're rapidly moving towards a world where cars drive themselves and a generation or two after we'll likely see a ban on cars driven by humans. By then the only place you'll be driving a car yourself will be on a track and if we'll prefer manual or automatic at that point is anyone's guess.
HelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #451
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloWorld View Post
Cannot is a very strong word, I wouldn't wager on something like that never happening.
With enough sensor input and lines of code you can get a transmission control module to make reasonably appropriate decisions most of the time for most people (noting that the jury is still out concerning DSGs and part throttle driveability).

Unfortunately as far as road cars are concerned, such technology will always be biased to primarily suit some other human agenda that you may even actively disagree with. IOW, it won't even be "pure" technology.

Technology will never understand such strictly human concepts as enjoying what you're doing and the reward felt when you absolutely nail it. Or the incentive to do better next time when you don't.

Quote:
We're rapidly moving towards a world where cars drive themselves and a generation or two after we'll likely see a ban on cars driven by humans.
No single vision of utopia fits all, so be very, VERY careful what you wish for.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #452
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Yup my balls fell off ask my GF
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #453
HelloWorld

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2046
Quote:
Technology will never understand such strictly human concepts as enjoying what you're doing and the reward felt when you absolutely nail it. Or the incentive to do better next time when you don't
The fact that technology can't read and interpret emotions today doesn't mean it can't do so tomorrow. We've come a long way in the 70 years or so since the first electronic computer was created.

Quote:
No single vision of utopia fits all, so be very, VERY careful what you wish for.
I don't wish for anything, just stating where we will end up if we follow the path we're currently on.
HelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #454
NJCamaro21

Drives: 2011 Summit White 1LT
I drive a manual. Third car I have owned and they have all been manual transmissions. I wouldn't have it any other way.
NJCamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #455
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
You drive just as fast if not faster LOL
Old 04-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #456
vermillion12ss

Drives: 2012 summit white ss
don't even know why someone would start a thread like this knowing it would start something and knowing sooner or later someone would get offended. I don't feel like les of of a man and mine is an auto. I've owned many manual cars and I like driving both. I'm happy with my car and my choice and I think that's what matters most.
vermillion12ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #457
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermillion12ss View Post
don't even know why someone would start a thread like this knowing it would start something and knowing sooner or later someone would get offended. I don't feel like les of of a man and mine is an auto. I've owned many manual cars and I like driving both. I'm happy with my car and my choice and I think that's what matters most.

Mine is an auto, since i have to share with my wife. She does not drive a stick and would not even try to teach her in a camaro.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #458
vermillion12ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
Mine is an auto, since i have to share with my wife. She does not drive a stick and would not even try to teach her in a camaro.
You share your camaro with your wife? . No way I would let mine drive my car, I've seen how she dives her car and how she parks in parking lots.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #459
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
You share your camaro with your wife? . No way I would let mine drive my car, I've seen how she dives her car and how she parks in parking lots.
I see nothing wrong letting my wife drive the Camaro. I think she looks quite good in it. Besides it's just a Camaro, not something priceless.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #460
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366295974.854276.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  201.4 KB
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #461
vermillion12ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
I see nothing wrong letting my wife drive the Camaro. I think she looks quite good in it. Besides it's just a Camaro, not something priceless.
You didn't read the last part of that...I "said" I wouldn't let mine drive my car. camaro or whatever car I may have I have been with her when she has blasted curbs with her wheels and I'm not looking forward to that happening to mine,especially within one month of having it. also that's why I bought her he own new car.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #462
RA1987

Drives: SS
I just finished reading some of the most recent post. Why so serious? Who cares if you have an manual or automatic car? Drink water and drive on.
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote