Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
Magilla gorilla

Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
Roto Fab.....my 2 cents....
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #16
c_cook94

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 1LT
Injen, Cold Air Inductions, Vararam. They all have about the same gains. I have injen and love it.
c_cook94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #17
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
VAR A RAM Says it all

I Got the VARARAM intake.

I watched the tests on all the other CAI, and out of those the Injen did the best for the V6 2010.
Then Vararam Came out with their CAI. To me out of the two (Injen and Vararam) the Vararam made more sense.
Attached Images

Hot Wheels Emblems and Floor Mats, Morimoto Fog Lights, PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting & My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller & Paddle Shifter Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Hot Wheels door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #18
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I love my CAI inc. Like Chase said everyone is going to recommend their own choice or product. I like the CAI because it has an insulated see through easy access filter box, ceramic coated tube & looks great among other reasons. PM Apex Chase. He is really good at talking to you about what you want in your build for your car on your budget & helping you find what works best for you. You'll get a good price & great service too. IMHO
Old 03-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #19
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
I have a Spectre. Works just fine
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #20
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
I don't think you could go wrong with either the CAI or Vararam. I chose the Vararam Ram Air Intake and I am very happy with it. HP gains are anywhere from 15-18 HP.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #21
tabshire95
Texas Raised

Drives: 2012 RS Grey 2LT Camaro
I have an injen on my V6 and I have no complaints.
tabshire95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #22
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Pre 2012 V6: Vararam
2012+: CAI
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #23
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Ram Air

Since I have a Nickey Chicago Stinger Hood with a functional Ram Air system, I went different and installed a G5CR air intake. Works great and looks great also. Materials is top top quality. As for closed air filter, IMO the air entry is too small to let enough air in, same with Heat Shield.
Long tube might be the best but I did'nt wanted to relocate the windshield water bottle. As for Vararam, I do quite a lot of city stop and go and I was affraid the the filter would ingest the hot air from the radiator.

That is me and my 2 cents.

Name:  breather1.jpg
Views: 11412
Size:  168.5 KB

Name:  devant sep 2012.jpg
Views: 11017
Size:  137.2 KB
Old 03-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #24
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
I love my cold air inductions CAI. I think it was 4 bills. My car has a ls3, but I think it would work as well in a 6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.Sarge View Post
Cold Air Inductions CAI hands down (my personal preference) both silver or black powder coated version is $399, and gives an increase of around 15 HP I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin42 View Post
Agreed. The best by far

Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
The increase is noticeable. But the sound... The sound is why you buy an intake.

CAI all the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK View Post
CAI for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel insane View Post
C...A...I...

Get it from Apex Chase. He will cut you a good deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnyaTek View Post
The V8 one has a different tube than the V6, so it is a slightly different package, but pretty sure priced the same.

Uncertain about performance improvements on the V6's. On the V8's, both the Vararam and the CAI have solid (and virtually the same) improvements.

I went with the CAI for my SS for two reasons. First, while they were not the absolute best at any one RPM, they were close to the top at all RPM's (via 3rd party testing)... the ones that were better at high RPM's were worse at lower and vice versa (with Vararam being similar). Second, I liked the look of the box best and was slightly concerned about Vararam drawing water into engine (though that concern is likely a non-issue).

Follow Chase's link and figure out what you are wanting to get out of it (sound vs performance vs appearance) and have a ball with whatever ya get!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I love my CAI inc. Like Chase said everyone is going to recommend their own choice or product. I like the CAI because it has an insulated see through easy access filter box, ceramic coated tube & looks great among other reasons. PM Apex Chase. He is really good at talking to you about what you want in your build for your car on your budget & helping you find what works best for you. You'll get a good price & great service too. IMHO

Thank you everyone, we really appreciate your support and are very pleased to hear how happy that you all are with our Cold Air Intake on your Camaro! Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #25
Tweiten
Tweety

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
I love my cold air inductions CAI. I think it was 4 bills. My car has a ls3, but I think it would work as well in a 6.
Got a link for me?

Tweiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #26
Tweiten
Tweety

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
I Got the VARARAM intake.

I watched the tests on all the other CAI, and out of those the Injen did the best for the V6 2010.
Then Vararam Came out with their CAI. To me out of the two (Injen and Vararam) the Vararam made more sense.
what was your 0-60 after the install?

Tweiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #27
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Injen for a true cold air intake. If the filter is next to the hot engine, you're not getting air as cold as it could be. Injen filter is located behind the driver side fog light.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #28
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
It comes down to who you like better and how much you truly are willing to spend. Top 3 in no order is Injen, CAI, Varram

Tags
v6 camaro, v6 camaro air filter, v6 camaro cold air intake