Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #225
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
I thought all 1LEs were 2SS...?
No, but they are all SS's.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #226
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Do you think GM wants this car to beat the ZL1? If so, I'm pretty sure it would mean the early demise of the Supercharged Z. I'm definitely hoping it's within my means to buy at some point in time...I know I could never afford a new one, so I'm gonna wait til one of you guys decides they want a 6th gen and I will get your Z28!
Then you haven't watched the video interviewing Mark Reuss. I placed it in the Shno thread.

Here ya go. I believe he uses the word "Absolutely".

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ntcmp=features

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 04-29-2013 at 10:06 AM.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #227
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
The fact that it's making corners at the ring look "boring" is a big clue as to how capable a track car this is. Watch the part with that little red truck thing going through that one set of corners and you'll see and hear how a regular production vehicle handles. The fact that the Z/28 looks like it's cruising through that same set while going much faster is very revealing.
I believe most Australians would tell you that the SSV is a car, not a truck.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #228
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
I thought all 1LEs were 2SS...?
Many get the 1LE loaded. For me the only things I will miss from the 2SS will be the HUD and the Homelink. Besides isn't the 1SS more in keeping with the spirit of the new Z28? I just have to get rid of all those extra speakers. I hope I fit into the Recaros and they are usable long distance.

So some are saying the Z28 will outrun a base Stingray? How is that possible and how would they know?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #229
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Many get the 1LE loaded. For me the only things I will miss from the 2SS will be the HUD and the Homelink. Besides isn't the 1SS more in keeping with the spirit of the new Z28? I just have to get rid of all those extra speakers. I hope I fit into the Recaros and they are usable long distance.

So some are saying the Z28 will outrun a base Stingray? How is that possible and how would they know?
Watch the above video (see link in my post) as Mark Reuss is pretty sure about the Z/28's capabilities.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #230
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Watch the above video (see link in my post) as Mark Reuss is pretty sure about the Z/28's capabilities.
Sure it's gonna rip the ZL1 on a road course. Probably a toss up at the drags, but be faster than the Stingray? Big weight difference and did I remember Chevy saying the Stingray with the Z51 is as fast as the current Z06? So the Z28 is faster than the current Z06? Pretty impressive if so.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #231
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Sure it's gonna rip the ZL1 on a road course. Probably a toss up at the drags, but be faster than the Stingray? Big weight difference and did I remember Chevy saying the Stingray with the Z51 is as fast as the current Z06? So the Z28 is faster than the current Z06? Pretty impressive if so.
I didn't hear that the Z51 C7 could take the Z06 C6. That's impressive. Al O. said that 250 lbs was equal to 1 second on a track. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #232
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Never underestimate Mark Stielow, and we still don't know exactly how much hp the Z/28 is going to have. Those 11" wide Trofeos on all 4 corners are also something to reckon with. I'm certain Stielow and team have also solved the fuel and oil starvation issues at cornering speeds in excess of 1g so I actually believe this car will in fact outperform a Stingray with the Z51 option.

To me a Stingray with Z51 is essentially their upscale version of a 2SS with 1LE option. It's still a street car at heart but upgraded with a track-pack. The Z/28 is looking more and more like a very serious track car with all kinds of Stielow-tweaked abilities that will give it a definite edge in the hands of a skilled driver. It appears the Z/28 is going to be a genuine TRACK car that's barely street legal. Big difference.

If you want a beautiful luxury performance car with great track abilities, the Stingray with Z51 and NPP exhaust options will be very hard to beat. Great bang for the buck there. If you want a serious "king of the jungle" track car it's starting to look like the Z/28 might just be a real game changer in many different ways.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #233
Gzilla

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS Silver Ice
ZL1 is it for me

I prefer the ZL1
Gzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #234

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
....bump...lol...

Maybe no news is good news...but.....All quiet on the Western front, maybe too quiet???
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #235
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
....bump...lol...

Maybe no news is good news...but.....All quiet on the Western front, maybe too quiet???
I never really understood why it takes soo long, but it's usually when no news has come out for months. When the hype seems to be at its lowest. I wouldn't expect times for a few weeks still.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #236
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Like the actual production version, times AND cars will arrive when GM is ready...and not a second sooner...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #237
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
The way I figure it, as long as Mark Stielow thinks he can still make some improvements, they're going to hold off on final numbers until he says he's done. And by the time he's done, this is going to be one sweet track car.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #238
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...no doubt they are tweaking it as we speak..., we have only been shown enough to wet our appetitite, I can hardly wait to see the finished product.