Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #85
LINMUP

Drives: 1982 Z28
0-10...complete fail IMO....it's so rice
LINMUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #86
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Yuck.
1/10

Glad to see the Razzi gfx got a low score too. Those side skirts are ugly, do not suit the car at all.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #87
mikey1107

Drives: 2017 SS
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368551126.759690.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  15.8 KB

There that's better

Sent from my iPhone

mikey1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #88
billd579

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
1/10
billd579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #89
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
I think this thread is pointless. I bet the vendors here love you bashing their products based solely on appearance or more specifically if it suits your taste.

Exterior mods are a personal preference and people work hard to make them unique. Give them a break.

IMO you should only be doing ratings based on performance/quality of a product. Otherwise it's useless. So the point of this is basically, hey I don't like how this mod looks so you shouldn't get it? Very useful information...

Surprised the mods are letting this keep going.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #90
rare991

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
1/10
rare991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #91
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
I think this thread is pointless. I bet the vendors here love you bashing their products based solely on appearance or more specifically if it suits your taste.

Exterior mods are a personal preference and people work hard to make them unique. Give them a break.

IMO you should only be doing ratings based on performance/quality of a product. Otherwise it's useless. So the point of this is basically, hey I don't like how this mod looks so you shouldn't get it? Very useful information...

I think your misunderstanding what's happening here. No one is saying don't get this product. It's about giving your opinion on a particular mod. I just tally up the votes and show the overall scores. If your gonna let someone else decide what you should or shouldn't get you may have bigger problems. And just FYI that last statement wasn't directed towards you. Just a general statement
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #92
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

So you're saying this isn't a forum where we can voice our opinions on products and our personal preferences on them? I guess we shouldn't ever compare performance parts because a vendor might get their feelings hurt. Guess we shouldn't let anyone say they don't like the 2014 Camaro taillights because it might hurt GM's feelings. Guess we shouldn't give people an opportunity to say whether they had a good experience with one vendor or a bad experience with another - we are only allowed to give a person or product a good or bad review based on performance not personal preference.

Grow up man.
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #93
Chris97b

Drives: 2012 45th SS
Quote:

I would tend to agree for performance mods and things of that nature. I would have no interest what so ever in a purely appearance based review of a SC or a cam

That having been said, we are talking about strictly visual mods. Let's face it, spoiler design is all but irrelevant from a performance standpoint unless you're talking about a purpose built race car, and I would wager a guess that the majority of Camaro owners are not trying to build an 8 second car or an autocross monster.

If I were a vendor, I would actually appreciate this type of post. It gives me very valuable market information without the expense of a detailed marketing survey. That sort of information can be extremely valuable when used intelligently, and I think as a vendor I would be extremely pleased with the ability to gather real, uncensored opinions of my products.

Just my $0.02
Chris97b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #94
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
So you're saying this isn't a forum where we can voice our opinions on products and our personal preferences on them? I guess we shouldn't ever compare performance parts because a vendor might get their feelings hurt. Guess we shouldn't let anyone say they don't like the 2014 Camaro taillights because it might hurt GM's feelings. Guess we shouldn't give people an opportunity to say whether they had a good experience with one vendor or a bad experience with another - we are only allowed to give a person or product a good or bad review based on performance not personal preference.

Grow up man.
How is me saying be more considerate of others being immature? I'd say take your own advise... man.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #95
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris97b View Post
I would tend to agree for performance mods and things of that nature. I would have no interest what so ever in a purely appearance based review of a SC or a cam

That having been said, we are talking about strictly visual mods. Let's face it, spoiler design is all but irrelevant from a performance standpoint unless you're talking about a purpose built race car, and I would wager a guess that the majority of Camaro owners are not trying to build an 8 second car or an autocross monster.

If I were a vendor, I would actually appreciate this type of post. It gives me very valuable market information without the expense of a detailed marketing survey. That sort of information can be extremely valuable when used intelligently, and I think as a vendor I would be extremely pleased with the ability to gather real, uncensored opinions of my products.

Just my $0.02
No, I agree. A high wing spoiler is certainly not a performance mod, but you could review based on the quality of that product. All I'm saying, plain and simple. If someone is interested in a spoiler like that (NOT my taste, but won't bash them) a post like this could be very useful regarding the quality of different high wing spoilers instead of simply ewww it's gross so it gets a -1/10... that's all.

I simply mistook this thread as being something useful, my fault. It was a great idea, just turning into another one of "those" threads.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #96
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Attached Images

- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #97
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
How is me saying be more considerate of others being immature? I'd say take your own advise... man.
So if you have pink hair, and ask me if I like pink hair, I need to base my opinion on what the quality of your hair looks like? I can't say whether I like it or not? I'm not trying to say you're immature, sorry for the jab, it's just that what you proposed is irrational. If I can't have an opinion and voice it, then what's the point of having one?

Now with that being said, I think it would be considerate to give an explanation of why you don't like something or why it doesn't appeal to you instead of just giving it a simple numerical value without explanation.

Not trying to start a fight with you just voicing my opinion.
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #98
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
LOL I knew this thread was gonna hurt someone feelings.
Not hurting my feelings... I actually first read this thread when shopping for body kit. Thought, awesome a good review on the Razzi kit. Was dissapointed to see all the "reviews" were actually just useless posts. But guess what... I got tne Razzi Kit and its perfect.

Have a great day.